• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I would like to capture all times that SFDC throws an exception that it can't handle.

By 'capture' I mean that I want to set up an object that takes the output from:

e.getStackTraceString() and puts it into an instance with an attribute 'StackTrace__c'

The object set-up is the easy part. :)

The hard part is figuring out if there's a way to make Apex code's uncaught exceptions 'caught' and captured in a central place.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

My company is in the process of investigating SFDC Knowledge as a repository for its (already sizeable) knowledge base.

In particular, we want to seamlessly integrate Articles with Cases.

I have a few questions about this:

1) Where are the links from Articles to Cases stored? I would expect there would be 'junction' objects, but the WebUI and the Dataloader seem to either obscure these objects or the implementation is different than I expect, or both... I am particularly interested becaus:

a) We have a primitive way of linking Cases to Articles already and we'd like to preserve those relationships if/when we moved to SFDC Knowledge...

b) Also, there would probably be a desire to see who made the Link from a Case to an Article and potentially to have some Triggers fire on creation of these Links.

As of right now, since the 'Link' object is obscured, I don't think I can do either.

2) Is there a concept of Versioning in the Articles? It would be valuable to be able to see an older version of the Body of an Article to see how its evolved. We're also interested in seeing who + when folks changed an Article... And this information would be stored in the Article Version (presumably). I see some things in the Dataloader, but I'm (at this point) guessing the significance of each visible table. Is there any documentation on Article Versioning? I haven't found any, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place(s).

Thank you for your time,
Daniel Fisher