• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a number of problems/questions that I'm facing with respect to Named Credentials/Auth. Providers in my managed package. I'll cover my first problem here.

I have created a Connected App and included it in our managed package.

Now, because the URL is different for each of our clients, we must create a new Named Credential in each installed org - we can't put it into the managed package. Also, since Auth. Providers can't be included in managed packages, we must create a new Auth. Provider in each installed org. The Auth. Provider is using Salesforce OAuth authentication and is saved with a Callback URL which Salesforce generates. When I tested this in the org where I created the managed package, I had to copy that generated Callback URL into the Callback URL list of my Connected App. This raises a problem: I can't edit the Callback URL list of the Connected App in the org into which I've installed the Connected App - it's in the managed package so Salesforce won't allow editing of that list.

So my question: is there a way to edit the Callback URL list of the Connected App in the managed package? If not, is there any other work-around other than adding the Callback URL from the Auth. Provider to my Connected App and generating a new version of the package?

Thanks in advance for any help/insight.
I have created a VisualForce page that I want to access via a VisualForce tab named myVFTab. I want to pass a query parameter to the VF page like this:

https://salesforce_server/one/one.app#/n/myVFTab?usePrintId=mytest
As you can see, I'm accessing the tab in lightning but I don't think that is relevant to my question.

I am trying to access the "usePrintId" parameter in my VF page like this:
<apex:page>
  These parameters were passed in:<br/>
  <br/>
  PrintId: {!$CurrentPage.parameters.usePrintId}
</apex:page>
If I access the VF page directly, the "usePrintId" parameters prints out correctly but if I try to view the tab, the "usePrintId" is always blank.

How do I make sure that the parameter in the tab request is available in the contained VF page?

I know that Salesforce formulas suffer from the tendency to explode in size if formulas include other formula fields but I have an extremely tiny formula that includes no other formula fields and the stupid thing compiles to 6,547 characters.  Can anyone explain why?  Here is the formula:

IF(ISBLANK(Fax_Received_on_Number__c), "Unknown",
     CASE(RIGHT(Fax_Received_on_Number__c,10), "0005551111", "000-555-1111",
                 "0005552222", "000-555-2222", "000-555-3333"))

Fax_Received_on_Number__c is a simple text field that is 40 characters long.  It is not a required field and no default formula is defined for the field.

How in the world does that simple formula grow so big when it's compiled?

Hello All:

I don't know if the correct place to ask this or not, but I couldn't find a board that seemed more fitting so here goes...

I've written an HTML Home Tab Component.  I would like to make it a drop target for objects dragged from other Salesforce frames via javascript.

For an example of what I want to do, look at Chatter.  If you drag one of the links in a listed Chatter message to the little text box where you enter your message and drop it there, it places the link URL into the message box.  I'd like my Component to be able to do this for all of the links in the content panel, whether it's showing a listview of records or whatever.

Is this possible?

I have a number of problems/questions that I'm facing with respect to Named Credentials/Auth. Providers in my managed package. I'll cover my first problem here.

I have created a Connected App and included it in our managed package.

Now, because the URL is different for each of our clients, we must create a new Named Credential in each installed org - we can't put it into the managed package. Also, since Auth. Providers can't be included in managed packages, we must create a new Auth. Provider in each installed org. The Auth. Provider is using Salesforce OAuth authentication and is saved with a Callback URL which Salesforce generates. When I tested this in the org where I created the managed package, I had to copy that generated Callback URL into the Callback URL list of my Connected App. This raises a problem: I can't edit the Callback URL list of the Connected App in the org into which I've installed the Connected App - it's in the managed package so Salesforce won't allow editing of that list.

So my question: is there a way to edit the Callback URL list of the Connected App in the managed package? If not, is there any other work-around other than adding the Callback URL from the Auth. Provider to my Connected App and generating a new version of the package?

Thanks in advance for any help/insight.
I have created a VisualForce page that I want to access via a VisualForce tab named myVFTab. I want to pass a query parameter to the VF page like this:

https://salesforce_server/one/one.app#/n/myVFTab?usePrintId=mytest
As you can see, I'm accessing the tab in lightning but I don't think that is relevant to my question.

I am trying to access the "usePrintId" parameter in my VF page like this:
<apex:page>
  These parameters were passed in:<br/>
  <br/>
  PrintId: {!$CurrentPage.parameters.usePrintId}
</apex:page>
If I access the VF page directly, the "usePrintId" parameters prints out correctly but if I try to view the tab, the "usePrintId" is always blank.

How do I make sure that the parameter in the tab request is available in the contained VF page?

I know that Salesforce formulas suffer from the tendency to explode in size if formulas include other formula fields but I have an extremely tiny formula that includes no other formula fields and the stupid thing compiles to 6,547 characters.  Can anyone explain why?  Here is the formula:

IF(ISBLANK(Fax_Received_on_Number__c), "Unknown",
     CASE(RIGHT(Fax_Received_on_Number__c,10), "0005551111", "000-555-1111",
                 "0005552222", "000-555-2222", "000-555-3333"))

Fax_Received_on_Number__c is a simple text field that is 40 characters long.  It is not a required field and no default formula is defined for the field.

How in the world does that simple formula grow so big when it's compiled?