• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a partner portal.

The profile permission which determines whether or not  a user has acces the "Work with portal" button on the contact page is called "Manage Partners."

The "work with portal" button has 3 sub-buttons

View Partner User

Disable Partner User

Login as Portal User

Only certain users (admins) should have Disable Partner User and Login as Portal User, I want all other user to still have View Partner User. But it's all or nothing, take away the permission, take away the whole button.

So I'm trying to make a custom button for the other users. All that the View Partner User does is switches the page to the user detail page of the portal user. But the difficulty is making the url dynamic. Every contact enabled for the portal is clearly linked to a the corresponding portal user detail page, the user detail page even has a lookup to the contact. But when I look for a merge field for the custom button url I don't see anything that represents this relationship.

Any ideas??

Thanks

• November 21, 2011

I'm trying to create a VF email template. I need to use apex:outputField rather than apex:outputText because there is a problem with GMT daylight savings when I output a date that is on summer time. apex:outputField should help me do this 

My code reads like this:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Test" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Work__c" >
<messaging:htmlemailbody >

<apex:variable var="date" value="{!relatedTo.Start__c}"/>
            <apex:outputField value="{0, date, EEEE d, MMMM yyyy, hh:mm a}">
                                <apex:param value="{!date}" />
                            </apex:outputField>

</messaging:htmlemailbody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

but when I select my template  I'm getting the error:" value for outputField is not a dynamic binding!"

So I read up on dynamic binding in the VF guide but I'm none the wiser.

Can anybody help?

• April 13, 2011