• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have a requirement to retrieve a list of all fields of a Salesforce object through a Java code. I am using Partner WSDL. A code snippet to achieve the above would be of great help. Please help me out as i am a newbie in Java.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Kaushik

Hi All,

I have implemented the Select All checkbox functionality in a VF Page. This functionality works fine with all browsers EXCEPT IE9.

In IE9 the master checkbox, if clicked, doesnt select all the child check boxes.

The Strange thing is that, there is another page which i have built which is exactly same as this page, but the multiselect  functionality works fine for that page in IE9 also.

I am surprised with this strange behaviour of IE9 for different pages.

Any guidance in this perspective will be very much helpful for me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kaushik

Hello All,

I am trying to open a new VF Page in the existing page in the click of a command button by calling a javascript in the on click event of the button.

The Javascript function is a very simple one with only a window.open method in it. Below is the snippet of it;

window.open("/apex/testPage","_self");

But the button click is not taking me to the testPage. If i am tring to do the same through command link, its working.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Hello Friends,

We have to use an encrypted password in our process-conf file while performing any operation with data loader through command line.

Is there any way through which we can achieve this without encrypting the password? I mean,by directly providing the text password.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kaushik

Hi All,

We know that the External id limit for an object is 3. I have an Object where currently i have 2 external ids. While i am trying to create the third external id, it gives me error "Custom field index limit exceeded".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kaushik

• September 29, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to perform Upsert operation through Command line data loader. The result which i am getting is correct, i.e correct records are getting loaded Salesforce. But when i see the log reports, i find 2 logs for every item loaded to SFDC, one is for an item getting created and the second is for that same item getting updated.

There are no workflows or triggers active for the objects which i am dealing with.

Any idea as to why i am getting such logs.

Regards,

Kaushik

Hi,

I have a requirement like..I have many csv files and the corresponding mapping files. I want to load them into Salesforce through Data loader. Is there any way like , if i kick start the loading of one file, all the other files will automatically follow its loading one after the other.

I cant use the option of Scheduling because, the requirement is such that everytime I kick start the first file the other files should follow automatically. So, as we cant schedule it everytime, the Option of Scheduling through Command Line is not Open to me.

Is there any other way to achieve this.

Please Help.

Regards,

Kaushik

Hi All,

I have a Client Requirement wherein they have around 60 user licenses and around 5000 Chatter Free licenses for their Org. They want all their employees to have access to chatter (3000+  non salesforce users). How non SFDC users can be given chatter access in one go for all users (3000+  users)?

Is there any way LDAP data can be brought into SFDC for user creation ?

Any Idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kaushik

Hi,

I am trying to develop a Visual force page which will contain two list boxes and 4 buttons. The first list box will initially contain a list of values and the 2nd list box will be initially empty.

On the click of the 1st button, the selected values from the 1st list box(can be multiple selected values) will move into the 2nd list box. The values which will move, will get removed from the 1st list box.

On the click of the 2nd button, all the values of the 1st list box will move to the 2nd list box, making the first list box empty.

On the click of the 3rd and 4th button, the same fuction will be performed, but it will move the values from the 2nd list box to the 1st.

Can anyone help me out Please.....

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am facing a rerender issue. It will be great if any one can help me out.

I have checkbox on my visualforce page, on clicking on the checkbox all the addeess info from the above fields needs to be copied over to the below fields. All the below fields are required, due to which the action function does not get called and i get the required field error on my page.

Is there any way i can handle this required field error and copy over the fields instead?

Any ideas will be of great help.

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I have implemented the Select All checkbox functionality in a VF Page. This functionality works fine with all browsers EXCEPT IE9.

In IE9 the master checkbox, if clicked, doesnt select all the child check boxes.

The Strange thing is that, there is another page which i have built which is exactly same as this page, but the multiselect  functionality works fine for that page in IE9 also.

I am surprised with this strange behaviour of IE9 for different pages.

Any guidance in this perspective will be very much helpful for me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kaushik

Hello All,

I am trying to open a new VF Page in the existing page in the click of a command button by calling a javascript in the on click event of the button.

The Javascript function is a very simple one with only a window.open method in it. Below is the snippet of it;

window.open("/apex/testPage","_self");

But the button click is not taking me to the testPage. If i am tring to do the same through command link, its working.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Hi All,

I'm very new to VF Pages and coding in general - but am keen to learn, and have researched this query a lot, but as yet I haven't found an explanation I can understand and follow.

Basically, I have created a custom object (EDIT: called "Adverse Incident") and I am attempting to (end goal) have a button on the record page of the new object which will render that record as a pdf.

As I understand it, this must be done via a VF Page - and I am already stuck.  Reading around I have managed to create the following start (very early stages):

<apex:page renderAs="pdf" Controller="Adverse_Incident">
<apex:panelGrid columns="2" width="100%">
<apex:outputText value="{ !Account__r.Name }"> </apex:outputText>
<apex:outputText value="{ !Product_Code__c }"> </apex:outputText>
<apex:outputText value="{ !Batch_Number__c }"> </apex:outputText>
<apex:outputText value="{ !Surgeon__r.Name }"> </apex:outputText>
</apex:panelgrid>
</apex:page>

Doing this, Salesforce automatically created the following Class for me:

public with sharing class Adverse_Incident {
}

However, when I access the new page, it just displays the actual text "!Account__r.Name", "!Product_Code__c" etc... (not the content of the fields, as inputted by users).

Can someone point me in the right direction and explain where I'm going wrong please - so I can start to better understand how it works - which should enable me to progress on the VF Page, and start to introduce proper formatting etc.

As much step-by-step information as possible would be greatly appreciated - and please let me know if you need more information from me.

Many thanks,

Andy

Hi,

I am trying to perform Upsert operation through Command line data loader. The result which i am getting is correct, i.e correct records are getting loaded Salesforce. But when i see the log reports, i find 2 logs for every item loaded to SFDC, one is for an item getting created and the second is for that same item getting updated.

There are no workflows or triggers active for the objects which i am dealing with.

Any idea as to why i am getting such logs.

Regards,

Kaushik

Hi,

I have a requirement like..I have many csv files and the corresponding mapping files. I want to load them into Salesforce through Data loader. Is there any way like , if i kick start the loading of one file, all the other files will automatically follow its loading one after the other.

I cant use the option of Scheduling because, the requirement is such that everytime I kick start the first file the other files should follow automatically. So, as we cant schedule it everytime, the Option of Scheduling through Command Line is not Open to me.

Is there any other way to achieve this.

Please Help.

Regards,

Kaushik

Hi All,

I have a Client Requirement wherein they have around 60 user licenses and around 5000 Chatter Free licenses for their Org. They want all their employees to have access to chatter (3000+  non salesforce users). How non SFDC users can be given chatter access in one go for all users (3000+  users)?

Is there any way LDAP data can be brought into SFDC for user creation ?

Any Idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kaushik

Hi,

I am trying to develop a Visual force page which will contain two list boxes and 4 buttons. The first list box will initially contain a list of values and the 2nd list box will be initially empty.

On the click of the 1st button, the selected values from the 1st list box(can be multiple selected values) will move into the 2nd list box. The values which will move, will get removed from the 1st list box.

On the click of the 2nd button, all the values of the 1st list box will move to the 2nd list box, making the first list box empty.

On the click of the 3rd and 4th button, the same fuction will be performed, but it will move the values from the 2nd list box to the 1st.

Can anyone help me out Please.....

Thanks in advance