• 30 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a pageBlockTable with this code following as a column.  Because its for a search page and Ive got the option for both an SOQL and a SOSL query in the same page I had to modify the results returned.  I do not know how to including child relationships into activityhistories into an SOSL query so I wanted to block out the part asking for the activityhistory that I have included in the SOQL query.   I made an outputPanel that would render based on the type of query being run.  The SOSL query will display correctly on the first load, but if you add a parameter and try to rerender the page based on new criteria, I get "System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Contact.OpenActivities" as an error. I then proceeded to try to turn rendered = "false" to stop it from ever loading.  This did not change anything.  Why would the part in the outputPanel work the first time but fail after a rerender?  Is there a way I can change my code in order to allow two different queries that pull back different result sets?

<apex:column">

<apex:facet name="header">

Recent Activity               

</apex:facet>             

<apex:outputPanel layout="none" rendered="false">                   

<div style="width: 400px; height: 50px;overflow:-moz-scrollbars-vertical;overflow-y:auto;">                       

<TABLE>                       

<apex:repeat value="{!contact.con.OpenActivities}" var="task">

<TR>

<TD>

<apex:outputField value="{!task.LastModifiedDate}" style="font-weight: bold;"/>

</TD>

<TD>

<apex:outputText value="{!task.ActivityType}"/>:&nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!task.Subject}"/>

</TD>

</TR>

</apex:repeat>

<apex:repeat value="{!contact.con.ActivityHistories}" var="task">         

<TR>

<TD>

</TD>

<TD>

<apex:outputText value="{!task.ActivityType}"/>:&nbsp;<apex:outputText value="{!task.Subject}"/>

</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</div>

</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:column>

Thank you for any help

Ive been trying a million different ways to create a popup bubble when a user mouses over a link to show a customized VF page for contact info + other objects.   Because it needs to include so much on the mouseover, the standard mini page layout doesnt work. I tried learning some JQuery to do this and I can get a popup to appear, but when I try to  link in a page, it crashes out.  It says it cant find some .js files and refuses to load the page along with the header getting messed up on the page.  Is there a simple way to do this that I'm missing?

Any direction would be greately appreciated!

I turned on the call center adapter and the softphone.  On the basic view page for the contact details, the phone number is click to dial.  How do I give this same functionality to my custom detail page written in VisualForce for a contact?  The phone number is a phone data type and i'm using an outputField to display the phone number.  This makes the number only text and not a link.

Thank you

I have a pageBlockTable with this code following as a column.  Because its for a search page and Ive got the option for both an SOQL and a SOSL query in the same page I had to modify the results returned.  I do not know how to including child relationships into activityhistories into an SOSL query so I wanted to block out the part asking for the activityhistory that I have included in the SOQL query.   I made an outputPanel that would render based on the type of query being run.  The SOSL query will display correctly on the first load, but if you add a parameter and try to rerender the page based on new criteria, I get "System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Contact.OpenActivities" as an error. I then proceeded to try to turn rendered = "false" to stop it from ever loading.  This did not change anything.  Why would the part in the outputPanel work the first time but fail after a rerender?  Is there a way I can change my code in order to allow two different queries that pull back different result sets?

<apex:column">

<apex:facet name="header">

Recent Activity               

</apex:facet>             

<apex:outputPanel layout="none" rendered="false">                   

<div style="width: 400px; height: 50px;overflow:-moz-scrollbars-vertical;overflow-y:auto;">                       

<TABLE>                       

<apex:repeat value="{!contact.con.OpenActivities}" var="task">

<TR>

<TD>

</TD>

<TD>

</TD>

</TR>

<apex:repeat value="{!contact.con.ActivityHistories}" var="task">         

<TR>

<TD>

</TD>

<TD>

</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</div>

</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:column>

Thank you for any help

Ive been trying a million different ways to create a popup bubble when a user mouses over a link to show a customized VF page for contact info + other objects.   Because it needs to include so much on the mouseover, the standard mini page layout doesnt work. I tried learning some JQuery to do this and I can get a popup to appear, but when I try to  link in a page, it crashes out.  It says it cant find some .js files and refuses to load the page along with the header getting messed up on the page.  Is there a simple way to do this that I'm missing?

Any direction would be greately appreciated!