• 125 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is resizing the apex:inputtextarea field still not working in IE browser? If not, may I know the fix for this discrepancy in IE browser alone? Thanks.
  • June 18, 2018
Hi,
I was trying to download 'Salesforce Lightning for Outlook' add-ins from Microsoft AppSource website. I unable to download it. Can anyone guide me the steps required to download it? Are there some other links to download it? Please confirm.
  • June 01, 2018
Hi,

We have a visualforce page where the,
Header & footer should have our client website styles
Main content should have Salesforce styles

We are using <composition>, <define>, <insert> tags to implement the Flow, so that main content will change upon selecting the link in the left side bar.

Problem is, Client Website styles are not applying if we have the attribute standardStylesheets="true" in both Composition VF page and Template VF page. When I changed the sttribute standardStylesheets="false" in composition, Client Website styles are working but Salesforce style in main content is not working.

How do I apply Salesforce styles to the main content with having standardStylesheets="false", so that our Client Website styles should work.
  • November 25, 2014

Hi,

Suppose we have a role hierarchy like this,

A

|_B

|_C

and if we assign the user C to an Opportunity record as OpportunityTeamMember with access level of 'Write'. Then, whether his supervisor and his supremo (B and A respectively) will get the same access to that Opportunity record?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SuBaa

• November 20, 2012

Hi,

How do I download an attached document of OPPORTUNITY (or any Salesforce) object and store it into some shared drive of mine customer's network? Please anyone help me to fix this scenario in Salesforce.

Regards,

SuBaa

• November 06, 2012

Hi,

I need to hide/disable/override Add button of Account Team section - so that I can prevent Account Team Member creation from Salesforce UI and make it doable via webservice only, as requested.

I revoked the Account Edit access for non Admin profile users. So that they cannot add Account Team Member to accounts that they are not own.

However, I couldnt stop Account Owners and System Admin users from creating Account Team Member thru UI. So, thinking of overridding the Add button to prevent account team creation.

Can anyone share me the workaround to fix this scenario.

Regards,

SuBaa

• October 12, 2012

Hi,

I got a requirement to launch one of the Account list view by default, when Account tab is clicked. I able to redirect to the Account List view using the below visualforce content.

<apex:page action="{!URLFOR($Action.Account.List, $ObjectType.Account)}" />

However, I couldn't control the launch of dedicated List view by default; It shows me the last visited list view instead. I should not delete other Views to launch the expected View by default.

Can anyone help me to control the List view in visualforce page?

Regards,

SuBaa

• October 10, 2012

Hi,

I want to expose my custom web service to a third party application, which will access that service to insert record in Salesforce. When I generated the Enterprise WSDL, it doesn't have my custom web service definition, So I used Generate WSDL button over the Apex class editor and got another WSDL for the service.

But, my third party application developer is looking for the same WSDL, where both standard and custom operation should exist.

I am not sure, whether we can edit the Enterprise WSDL or include the standard operations in the custom webservice WSDL file. Please help me.

Regards,

SuBaa

• August 16, 2012

Hi,

We got a requirement to hide the lowest level of records from an Account's View Hierarchy.

Let us consider an Account with 3 levels - Group, Division, and Location. Among them, the last level Location records should not be displayed in the view hierarchy page. However I need to perform the following activities.

Location records should not be displayed in detail page.

Location records can be created/updated/deleted using Data Loader only.

A roll-up summary field in Division record level will get updated based upon other field value in its child level record(s) i.e, respective Location level reocrds.

Group

Division

Location -----> this level of record need to be hidden from view hierarchy and should not have detail page

Hope you understand the requirement.

Regards,

SuBaa

• August 01, 2012

Hi,

Has anyone worked in Salesforce integration with Message Queue (MQ)? I got a requirement of publishing contact data from MQ into Salesforce.

For this, I created a web service method in Apex class with custom logic and explored the WSDL to the client. How do I help my Client (MQ team) to login into Salesforce and make a successful web service call?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SuBaa

• July 26, 2012

Hi,

We got a scenario as below,

From a 3rd party application, Salesforce.com login page will be launched and target user's 'Message' wall in Salesforce.com Chatter application needs to be launched with newly posted message upon current user authenticated successfully.

Here, the steps that I followed to accomplish this are,

I used SESSION object to carry target user's id and the chatter message to be posted

I used REST+OAuth protocol to establish the 'authorization code' flow.

I could launch the salesforce.com login page

I was redirected to authorize page in the first attempt

But, then nothing has happened and just white screen getting refreshhhhh... for indefinite time. It is expected to launch target user's 'Message' wall with newly posted message from current user. 

PFA the post method url that I used to post a message,

PostMethod post = new PostMethod(instanceUrl+"/services/data/v25.0/chatter/users/me/messages?recipients="+targetUserId+"&"+chatMsg);

Can anyone suggest me the solution to launch Salesforce chatter page from 3rd party application?

Regards,

SuBaa

• July 04, 2012

Hi,

I used the AuthServlet sample code in my org to test REST API functionality. I able to reach upto Salesforce login page. But when I gave my credential, it throws the following error.

java.lang.IllegalStateException

at org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendRedirect(

ResponseFacade.java:435)....

doGet method in AuthServlet.java sample code (http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_REST_API), that I used is,

protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request,
   HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {

String accessToken = (String) request.getSession().getAttribute(
    ACCESS_TOKEN);

if (accessToken == null) {
   String instanceUrl = null;

if (request.getRequestURI().endsWith("oauth")) {
    // we need to send the user to authorize
    response.sendRedirect(authUrl);
    return;
   } else {
    System.out.println("Auth successful - got callback");

String code = request.getParameter("code");

HttpClient httpclient = new HttpClient();

PostMethod post = new PostMethod(tokenUrl);
    post.addParameter("code", code);
    post.addParameter("grant_type", "authorization_code");
    //post.addParameter("grant_type", "password");
    post.addParameter("client_id", clientId);
    post.addParameter("client_secret", clientSecret);
    post.addParameter("redirect_uri", redirectUri);

try {
     httpclient.executeMethod(post);

try {
      JSONObject authResponse = new JSONObject(
        new JSONTokener(new InputStreamReader(
          post.getResponseBodyAsStream())));
      System.out.println("Auth response: "
        + authResponse.toString(2));

accessToken = authResponse.getString("access_token");
      instanceUrl = authResponse.getString("instance_url");

System.out.println("Got access token: " + accessToken);
     } catch (JSONException e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
      throw new ServletException(e);
     }
    } finally {
     post.releaseConnection();
    }
   }

// Set a session attribute so that other servlets can get the access
   // token
   request.getSession().setAttribute(ACCESS_TOKEN, accessToken);

// We also get the instance URL from the OAuth response, so set it
   // in the session too
   request.getSession().setAttribute(INSTANCE_URL, instanceUrl);
  }
  response.sendRedirect(request.getContextPath() + "/DemoREST");
 }

I read some where like, response is already commited for the request and hence it throws the error. Can anyone help me, how to call our servlet once the credentials provided in the Salesforce login page.

• June 26, 2012

Hi,

I need to log in to Salesforce through my company intranet application. Especially, the My Chatter page in Salesforce Chatter application should be displayed without asking me the password (ie., username alone should be entered) Once the page launched or session created, if I initiate the same request with my group member name, it should launch his/her 'My Chatter' page. Can anyone suggest me the solution for this requirement.

Regards,

SuBaa

• June 17, 2012

Hi,

Can we access the 'Chatter Messenger' feature thru Chatter API from a third party application (client)? Please comment on the possibility of following chat device applications,

Salesforce browser <> Client's Messenger

Client 1's Messenger <> Client 2's Messenger

Regards,

SuBaa

• June 13, 2012

Hi,

Can anyone send me the reference document or sample code (in Java) to set request body values for a POST method?

It would be grateful if you send me the code fro this sample data.

{

"body" : {
      "messageSegments" : [
      {
         "type": "mention",
         "id" : "005D0000001GpHp"
      },
      {
         "type": "text",
         "text" : " Did you see the new plans?"
      }
    ]
   }
}

Regards,

SuBaa

• June 12, 2012

Hi,

Can we use Chatter API without the knowledge of OAuth protocol? Assume that I want to use Chatter data in my Java application and no matters of securing my (user's) credential from that java application.

Regards,

SuBaa

• June 09, 2012

Hi,

I have two DEV Org instances (assume A & B) with same data configuration. I used one of that instance's WSDL (A) to integrate with my Java application. Is that possible to connect the same Java application with other instance (B) also, using the WSDL file of instance (A)?

Or, what other changes need to be done in the Java application side, to accomplish this scenario.

Regards,

SuBaa

• May 17, 2012

Hi,

I got the below error, when I create Lead record from Java application using Partner WSDL web service call.

AxisFault
 faultCode: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
    {urn:fault.partner.soap.sforce.com}UnexpectedErrorFault:<ns1:exceptionCode>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION</ns1:exceptionCode><ns1:exceptionMessage>Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService</ns1:exceptionMessage>

UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.<init>(BeanDeserializer.java:104)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.<init>(BeanDeserializer.java:90)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.fault.UnexpectedErrorFault.getDeserializer(UnexpectedErrorFault.java:84)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseDeserializerFactory.getSpecialized(BaseDeserializerFactory.java:154)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseDeserializerFactory.getDeserializerAs(BaseDeserializerFactory.java:84)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.getDeserializer(DeserializationContext.java:464)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.getDeserializerForType(DeserializationContext.java:547)
    at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultDetailsBuilder.onStartChild(SOAPFaultDetailsBuilder.java:157)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1035)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
    at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
    at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)
    at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:796)
    at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
    at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
    at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
    at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
    at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.create(SoapBindingStub.java:2657)
    at org.teg.iagent.PartnerAgentProcessor.start(PartnerAgentProcessor.java:482)
    at org.teg.iagent.PartnerAgentProcessor.main(PartnerAgentProcessor.java:82)

and, below is my code to set field values, which I retrieved from a POJO object.

public MessageElement createNewXmlElement(String Name, String nodeValue) throws Exception {

MessageElement msgElement;
        DocumentBuilderFactory documentBuilderFactory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
        DocumentBuilder documentBuilder = documentBuilderFactory.newDocumentBuilder();
        Document document = documentBuilder.newDocument();

Element xmlEle = document.createElement(Name);
        xmlEle.appendChild(document.createTextNode(nodeValue));

msgElement = new MessageElement(xmlEle);

return msgElement;
    }

I found similar issue in the forum and I am sure, I never called getUserinfo method before the session created. Can anyone help me out from this issue.

Regards,

SuBaa

• April 23, 2012

Hi,

I added a new option for Campaign Member Status piclkist value, using the 'Advanced Setup' button in Campaign detail page. I able to see that new option for that specific Campaign only and getting issue for the below scenarios.

It is not available for other Campaigns

Other users couldn't see that option

Can anyone assist me, how to enable this option for all Campaign (for all Users)?

Regards,

SuBaa

• March 23, 2012

Hi,

We got a requirement to pull the records which contains '123' in a particular column. So, we used LIKE '123%' clause in the query. However, the search text value will be entered dynamically and hence we tried to change the query with class varibale for the search text. But it fails for the below where clause.

LIKE "'"+searchText+"%'"

Can anyone help me to fix this issue.

Regards,

SuBaa

• March 21, 2012
Hi,
I was trying to download 'Salesforce Lightning for Outlook' add-ins from Microsoft AppSource website. I unable to download it. Can anyone guide me the steps required to download it? Are there some other links to download it? Please confirm.
  • June 01, 2018

Hi,

I need to hide/disable/override Add button of Account Team section - so that I can prevent Account Team Member creation from Salesforce UI and make it doable via webservice only, as requested.

I revoked the Account Edit access for non Admin profile users. So that they cannot add Account Team Member to accounts that they are not own.

However, I couldnt stop Account Owners and System Admin users from creating Account Team Member thru UI. So, thinking of overridding the Add button to prevent account team creation.

Can anyone share me the workaround to fix this scenario.

Regards,

SuBaa

• October 12, 2012

Hi,

I got a requirement to launch one of the Account list view by default, when Account tab is clicked. I able to redirect to the Account List view using the below visualforce content.

<apex:page action="{!URLFOR($Action.Account.List, $ObjectType.Account)}" />

However, I couldn't control the launch of dedicated List view by default; It shows me the last visited list view instead. I should not delete other Views to launch the expected View by default.

Can anyone help me to control the List view in visualforce page?

Regards,

SuBaa

• October 10, 2012

Hi,

I used the AuthServlet sample code in my org to test REST API functionality. I able to reach upto Salesforce login page. But when I gave my credential, it throws the following error.

java.lang.IllegalStateException

at org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendRedirect(

ResponseFacade.java:435)....

doGet method in AuthServlet.java sample code (http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_REST_API), that I used is,

protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request,
   HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {

String accessToken = (String) request.getSession().getAttribute(
    ACCESS_TOKEN);

if (accessToken == null) {
   String instanceUrl = null;

if (request.getRequestURI().endsWith("oauth")) {
    // we need to send the user to authorize
    response.sendRedirect(authUrl);
    return;
   } else {
    System.out.println("Auth successful - got callback");

String code = request.getParameter("code");

HttpClient httpclient = new HttpClient();

PostMethod post = new PostMethod(tokenUrl);
    post.addParameter("code", code);
    post.addParameter("grant_type", "authorization_code");
    //post.addParameter("grant_type", "password");
    post.addParameter("client_id", clientId);
    post.addParameter("client_secret", clientSecret);
    post.addParameter("redirect_uri", redirectUri);

try {
     httpclient.executeMethod(post);

try {
      JSONObject authResponse = new JSONObject(
        new JSONTokener(new InputStreamReader(
          post.getResponseBodyAsStream())));
      System.out.println("Auth response: "
        + authResponse.toString(2));

accessToken = authResponse.getString("access_token");
      instanceUrl = authResponse.getString("instance_url");

System.out.println("Got access token: " + accessToken);
     } catch (JSONException e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
      throw new ServletException(e);
     }
    } finally {
     post.releaseConnection();
    }
   }

// Set a session attribute so that other servlets can get the access
   // token
   request.getSession().setAttribute(ACCESS_TOKEN, accessToken);

// We also get the instance URL from the OAuth response, so set it
   // in the session too
   request.getSession().setAttribute(INSTANCE_URL, instanceUrl);
  }
  response.sendRedirect(request.getContextPath() + "/DemoREST");
 }

I read some where like, response is already commited for the request and hence it throws the error. Can anyone help me, how to call our servlet once the credentials provided in the Salesforce login page.

• June 26, 2012

Hi,

I need to log in to Salesforce through my company intranet application. Especially, the My Chatter page in Salesforce Chatter application should be displayed without asking me the password (ie., username alone should be entered) Once the page launched or session created, if I initiate the same request with my group member name, it should launch his/her 'My Chatter' page. Can anyone suggest me the solution for this requirement.

Regards,

SuBaa

• June 17, 2012

Hi,

Can we access the 'Chatter Messenger' feature thru Chatter API from a third party application (client)? Please comment on the possibility of following chat device applications,

Salesforce browser <> Client's Messenger

Client 1's Messenger <> Client 2's Messenger

Regards,

SuBaa

• June 13, 2012

Hi,

Can we use Chatter API without the knowledge of OAuth protocol? Assume that I want to use Chatter data in my Java application and no matters of securing my (user's) credential from that java application.

Regards,

SuBaa

• June 09, 2012

Hi,

I got the below error, when I create Lead record from Java application using Partner WSDL web service call.

AxisFault
 faultCode: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
    {urn:fault.partner.soap.sforce.com}UnexpectedErrorFault:<ns1:exceptionCode>UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION</ns1:exceptionCode><ns1:exceptionMessage>Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService</ns1:exceptionMessage>

UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Destination URL not reset. The URL returned from login must be set in the SforceService
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.<init>(BeanDeserializer.java:104)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.<init>(BeanDeserializer.java:90)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.fault.UnexpectedErrorFault.getDeserializer(UnexpectedErrorFault.java:84)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseDeserializerFactory.getSpecialized(BaseDeserializerFactory.java:154)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseDeserializerFactory.getDeserializerAs(BaseDeserializerFactory.java:84)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.getDeserializer(DeserializationContext.java:464)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.getDeserializerForType(DeserializationContext.java:547)
    at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultDetailsBuilder.onStartChild(SOAPFaultDetailsBuilder.java:157)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1035)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
    at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
    at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)
    at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:796)
    at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
    at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
    at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
    at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
    at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.create(SoapBindingStub.java:2657)
    at org.teg.iagent.PartnerAgentProcessor.start(PartnerAgentProcessor.java:482)
    at org.teg.iagent.PartnerAgentProcessor.main(PartnerAgentProcessor.java:82)

and, below is my code to set field values, which I retrieved from a POJO object.

public MessageElement createNewXmlElement(String Name, String nodeValue) throws Exception {

MessageElement msgElement;
        DocumentBuilderFactory documentBuilderFactory = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
        DocumentBuilder documentBuilder = documentBuilderFactory.newDocumentBuilder();
        Document document = documentBuilder.newDocument();

Element xmlEle = document.createElement(Name);
        xmlEle.appendChild(document.createTextNode(nodeValue));

msgElement = new MessageElement(xmlEle);

return msgElement;
    }

I found similar issue in the forum and I am sure, I never called getUserinfo method before the session created. Can anyone help me out from this issue.

Regards,

SuBaa

• April 23, 2012

I am new to apex programming.

I am writing a webservice class. Many of the functions I need is already available in one of the base class. But when I extend the base class in webservice class & call the functions, I get the error that method doesnot exist or incorrect signature. I googled and found that the static methods cannot override other method.

Is there a different way to implement the functions I already have in the webservice class?

Ex:

// base class

global virtual class Base{

public boolean setMember(){

// code

}

public string getMemberName(){

//code

}

}

// webservice class

global class Child extends Base{

WebService static string getMemberName(){

// repeate same code

}

WebService boolean string setMember(){

// repeate same code

}

}

I know I could call the base class method in java. But it is not allowed in apex.

Is there a way to avoid repeating same code in both the classes?

Any ideas is appriciated.

Thanks in advance

• March 21, 2012

Hi,

Can anyone explain me the steps to be followed to invoke an apex webservice from the Java application? It would be grateful if you attach some code samples or reference.

Regards,

SuBaa

• February 21, 2012

Hi,

Is there, any way to display the confirmation dialog message box, upon deleting a Standard object record. The dialog box will display or not, upon the decision made in that object trigger code (using before Delete event).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SuBaa

• January 24, 2012

Hi,

I am getting the error, 'Maximum view state size limit (135KB) exceeded. Actual view state size for this page was 165.375KB' for one of the Visualforce page we used.

I could see some best practise to reduce this limit in Community. However, if anyone share me the way, you fixed this in your ORG would be more appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SuBaa

• January 12, 2012

Hi,

We got a requirement to create VF page with four tables and each table may consist of 100+ records. It was requested to sort the table records using the distinct column header in each table. We wrote a sort method using bubble sort algorithm.

It is working perfectly for tables with less than of 100 records. But throws 'Too many script statements: 200001' error for tables with 120+ records. Especially, it throws an error when I perform sort function for descending order.

It seems that script statements count reset every time, when an action performed. But, it throws error, when I perform the sort function again for the same table.

Can anyone help me to fix this issue?

Regards,

SuBaa

• December 19, 2011

Hi,

Is there any specific setting to enable field update through Workflow rule for a profile? I created a Workflow rule to update Owner Id field value of standard objects, when it created or edited. But it is not working.

FYI. I able to change the Owner Id field when the record is created.

Can any one help me, where should I change the setting to enable this?

Regards,

SuBaa

• November 29, 2011

Hi,

We got a requirement to set TIME value for both Start and End date as '12:00:00', when a visit status (custom field) saved as 'Cancelled'. I inlcuded my logic inside the 'before update' trigger on Event object. I able to see the expected values in the debug log for both fields. But it is not reflected on Visit's detail page. Can anyone assist me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

SuBaa

• August 16, 2011