• PARX

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi community,

I developed a VF component (with allowDML flag), which includes a rich text field as inputfield tag and a saving command button executing only the "update record" method on controller side. So far everything's fine.

But from the user perspective: When I change the value on the visualforce page and next, hit the save button (<apex:commandButton id="btnSave" value="Save" action="{!doSave}" />), everything is updated except the value of the rich text field.

I looked into the values of the record via system.debug() and it seems to do not enforce the data binding only of the rich text field. Other fields are updated correctly, but the value of the rich text field does not change.

I also tried to adjust the api version of the VF Page and controller, but no luck.
Sometimes it works only once if I change a tiny thing in the code like adding a space or an empy line into the VF page (strange...)

I cannot find any "known issues" thread, which can be related to this situatio. Thus, I'm asking you, guys.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Best regards
Michael

Hello Community,

i have a confusing issue with the system.currentpagereference() method. First of all, my question is: is there any situation of condition that has to be considered to ensure that system.currentpagereference() does not return null.

I use this in a own visualforce page with custom controller in connection with sites.

Best regards,

Michael

Hello Community,

i have a confusing issue with the system.currentpagereference() method. First of all, my question is: is there any situation of condition that has to be considered to ensure that system.currentpagereference() does not return null.

I use this in a own visualforce page with custom controller in connection with sites.

Best regards,

Michael

I'm current trying to fix some issues that exist in IE9 with our application.

I believe the issues is somehow related to IE9 + Visualforce Ajax components + SOAP Connector, although I'm not getting the same error message as everyone else.

In a nutshell, when I perform a 'drag' on an element that triggers the Salesforce web-services connector to update some information the page is re-rendered poorly (elements overlapping one another).

I've tried the following:

Apexpages.currentPage().getHeaders().put('X-UA-Compatible', 'IE=8');

To force page-mode into IE8 for the time being, but, this call causes the web-services connector to return a null-page exception because the controller is partially being invoked from the web-service.

Also, I've tried placing the following:

$(document).ready(function() {
	if(Sarissa._SARISSA_IS_IE && parseFloat(navigator.appVersion.substring(navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE")+5)) >=9) {	  
		window.XMLSerializer = function(){};     
		window.XMLSerializer.prototype.serializeToString=function(oNode){return oNode.xml;
		}
	}
});

Supposedly, this call should place the document into IE8 Mode after the page has been loaded, and doesn't need to be refreshed after some elements have changed else-where on the DOM due to jQuery correct?

This seems to solve the issue on the first page-load, but again after some partial refresh has taken place, no joy?! Should I call it again after each partial refresh?

When I'm in IE9 Debugging Mode with Browser Mode/Document Mode @ IE9 Standards the issue disappears!