• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a custom object that has role based access.

There are 3 roles with access to a layout of this object.

There is a button on this page "Update" that takes everyone regardless of role to an VF input page (lots of rows and columns)

Now we want this"Update"  button to take the user to an input page that is based on their Role (Role 1, Gets Set 1 of columns; Role 2, Set 2; Role 3, Set 3).

Is it possible/easiest to overload the button to make this decision or just create a traffic cop VF page that makes the decion and sends the User to the appropriate page?

Or is there some other way I have not thought of.

thanks,

lee

We have a standard page (non-VF) with an "Edit" button that launches a VF page.

Somewhere in this workflow (before the edit page is rendered) I would like a confirmation popup that only appears if 2 properties are met.

if (user == X and RecordType==Y).

If the user selects "OK" then the record is edited. If the user selects "Cancel" then they stay on the original page.

I seriously doubt I can code behind the edit button enough for it to occur on the non-VF page, so I'll need to get it done on a VF page. Can I put the confirm window on the constructor of the existing VF page? Or will I need a new  pass thru VF page that does the confirmation and then launches the appropriate page?

Did I miss anything?

thanks,

lee

We would like to change the standard functionality of the save button for Opportunity. If a user clicks "Button1" on the Contacts page to create a new Opportunity, then the Save button on the Opp page should only have "Save" as the text and only save the record. If a user clicks any other button on the Contacts page to create a new Opp, then the Save button should have the standard text and functionality. We have not converted the Opp Page to a VF page (yet). Is there any way to accomplish this without converting it to a VF page? Is so, could I get some guidance on how to do it? thanks, lee

We have a standard page (non-VF) with an "Edit" button that launches a VF page.

Somewhere in this workflow (before the edit page is rendered) I would like a confirmation popup that only appears if 2 properties are met.

if (user == X and RecordType==Y).

If the user selects "OK" then the record is edited. If the user selects "Cancel" then they stay on the original page.

I seriously doubt I can code behind the edit button enough for it to occur on the non-VF page, so I'll need to get it done on a VF page. Can I put the confirm window on the constructor of the existing VF page? Or will I need a new  pass thru VF page that does the confirmation and then launches the appropriate page?

Did I miss anything?

thanks,

lee

We would like to change the standard functionality of the save button for Opportunity. If a user clicks "Button1" on the Contacts page to create a new Opportunity, then the Save button on the Opp page should only have "Save" as the text and only save the record. If a user clicks any other button on the Contacts page to create a new Opp, then the Save button should have the standard text and functionality. We have not converted the Opp Page to a VF page (yet). Is there any way to accomplish this without converting it to a VF page? Is so, could I get some guidance on how to do it? thanks, lee