• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Is there any way to send an e-mail notification to the assigned user upon lead import?  I tried to set up a rule on the 'Rule Assignment' set up under the leads so that if the Urgent field is set to 1, to send an e-mail notification to the leads owner.  It didn't work.

Please advise,

Thanks!

• February 08, 2012

Hi,

Are we able to add a formula field to our Opportunity screen with some validation Rules?  I tried to set up a formula but the CASE function doesnt work, neither does the IF funtion (I might just be doing something off).

If Opportunity Type = License/Maintenance, then need to pick one of the following (already set up):

If Licence Type = Term:

6 years (picklist), Amount divided by 2.2

5 years (picklist),  Amount divided by 2

4 years (picklist), Amount divided by 1.8

3 years (picklist),  Amount divided by 1.6

(Everything else will equal the Amount)

If License Type = Perpetual, just equals the Amount.

Is this possible to do via formula/validation rules? 

Thanks!

• January 11, 2012

I'm trying to create a validation rule where a license opportunity can't be closed won if the acceptance clause still has TBD (it's a required field as well):

I was testing different formulas but they don't seem to be working, I tried the IF validation too but that one was just not letting me close anything at all.  Below is a sample of the latest one I tried:

AND 
(AND 
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Closed/Won"), (ISPICKVAL( Opportunity_Type__c,"License/Maintenance")), 
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Acceptance_clause__c, "TBD"))))

Please advise, thanks!

• October 27, 2011

Hi,

I have two inquiries on creating validation rules for opportunities:

1.) I have 4 Multiple picklist fields that I want to make mandatory so that at least 1 must be filled in (the other 3 can be defaulted to "None").

2.) I have 2 opps - one is related to the other - and I want to create a validation rule on the second opportunity so that the close date can never be before the first one.

Please let me know if this can be done,

Thanks so much!

• May 13, 2011

Hi,

Is there any way to send an e-mail notification to the assigned user upon lead import?  I tried to set up a rule on the 'Rule Assignment' set up under the leads so that if the Urgent field is set to 1, to send an e-mail notification to the leads owner.  It didn't work.

Please advise,

Thanks!

• February 08, 2012

Hi,

Are we able to add a formula field to our Opportunity screen with some validation Rules?  I tried to set up a formula but the CASE function doesnt work, neither does the IF funtion (I might just be doing something off).

If Opportunity Type = License/Maintenance, then need to pick one of the following (already set up):

If Licence Type = Term:

6 years (picklist), Amount divided by 2.2

5 years (picklist),  Amount divided by 2

4 years (picklist), Amount divided by 1.8

3 years (picklist),  Amount divided by 1.6

(Everything else will equal the Amount)

If License Type = Perpetual, just equals the Amount.

Is this possible to do via formula/validation rules? 

Thanks!

• January 11, 2012

I'm trying to create a validation rule where a license opportunity can't be closed won if the acceptance clause still has TBD (it's a required field as well):

I was testing different formulas but they don't seem to be working, I tried the IF validation too but that one was just not letting me close anything at all.  Below is a sample of the latest one I tried:

AND 
(AND 
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Closed/Won"), (ISPICKVAL( Opportunity_Type__c,"License/Maintenance")), 
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Acceptance_clause__c, "TBD"))))

Please advise, thanks!

• October 27, 2011

Hi,

I have two inquiries on creating validation rules for opportunities:

1.) I have 4 Multiple picklist fields that I want to make mandatory so that at least 1 must be filled in (the other 3 can be defaulted to "None").

2.) I have 2 opps - one is related to the other - and I want to create a validation rule on the second opportunity so that the close date can never be before the first one.

Please let me know if this can be done,

Thanks so much!

• May 13, 2011