• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to create a validation rule that when the StageName changes to Invoice it checks and make sure the CloseDate is today's date. Below is my formula. The problem is when any of the other fields are changed in this opportunity it still populates with Today's date. I don't want it do that. 

OR(IF(ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Invoice"), NOT(CloseDate = TODAY()), null),
IF(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Invoice Supplies"), NOT(CloseDate = TODAY()), null))

Also I tried to setup a workflow rule. But same thing is happening.

Field Update:Opportunity.CloseDate

Formula Value: Today()

Workflow rule: Everytime a field is updated or created

Rule criteria = Invoice

I want to create the Account Address validation rule for Billing Zip Code is in Billing State https://na4.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_useful_validation_formulas.pdf

My question is on creating the Zip Code custom object.  I can create a new custom object, but I'm not sure how to create the records for every valid zip code and State in that custom object.

Hi

We have a custom object built for our membership applications system. The applications for different levels of membership Accredited or Supervisor. When approved the membership lasts for 5 years from the date of approval. We have a system that already calculates the date of the new renewal for each membership type using the roll up summary fields.

However there is now a new set of membership applications that need to be integrated, and they relate to the existing two types of application (eg Inactive Accredited applications and Inactive Supervisor applications). A member can apply for inactive membership for a couple of years. If granted this then extends the renewal date by a couple of years. Creating the record type is not a problem, but I haven't got anywhere with a suitable formula for calculating the latest renewal date for a membership type based on the latest application and the relevant Inactive applications. 

If anyone has any thoughts it would be a great help. I appreciate that there may be some more questions needing to be asked based upon the above.

Many thanks in advance

Justyn