• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Looking for a Salesforce Freelance Developer - Melbourne Based to work with for a few development requiring JS button and Apex trigger & code update.Post to Community
Need a freelance developer for a few jobs relating to lighting. Need JS & Apex experience.
Hi All,

Our group is relatively new to Salesforce, which we're using for our Tier 1 Call Centers.  We've quickly come across some limitations in 'counting' records when running reports.  I've seen other posts mentioning that it wasn't (easily) possible to get the percentages of total counts in a report, but after seeing the new PARENTGROUPVAL introduced in Spring 09, I gave it a go:

In a report, create a new Custom Summary Formula:

RowCount / PARENTGROUPVAL(RowCount, GRAND_SUMMARY)

FYI - At the "Where will this formula be displayed?" section, PARENTGROUPVAL is only available at the "Grouping 1" level (not at the 'all summary' or 'grand summary' levels), which makes sense.

I haven't seen much of anything else mentioned about PARENTGROUPVAL just yet, but I'm curious if anyone else has found easier ways to calculate similar percentages, with our without this function.

Cheers!

Mark
Message Edited by Mr Sling on 02-25-2009 03:04 PM