• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I am using Salesforce Outlook Connector in microsoft outlook to sync the mails and contacts and etc.. I am capturing the requests and responses through Burp and Fiddler. I just send an attachment using Salesforce Outlook Connector and I capture that requests and the salesforce is sending the attachment content in a Base64 format. I just trying to decode the content using the apache commons codec but its not properly decoded. For example I uploaded 2MB file as attachment through outlook connector and I am getting the encoded content around 2.5MB but when I am trying to decode this content it shows only 1MB file. So the content was not decoded properly. So i realized to change the Jar, so I used to BouncyCastle jar  to decode the content. Surprise, it decoded the encoded content and gave the same size of file. But it's worked for Text and PDF files. When i am trying to decode the PPT and WORD Documents the size of the content was same as what I uploaded but I am unable to open the File (PPT , WORD).

But the same scenario, I just tried to capture the requests and responses of Documents through Apex Data Loader. Here also i am getting the encoded content. That is also Base64 content. I tried to decoded this encoded content using Apache Commons Codec this time I got the correct decoded content and as well as file size same as what i uploaded. I tested this for all types of files and i success.

So here my question is which type of encoding pattern the Salesforce uses for Outlook and Apex Data Loader. Is it same for both or is any differnece for these two encoding process. If it is there please tell me I stuck here. Please if any settings needed for these please give me directions.. Thanx in Advance...

HI all,

I am developing an application. I need view meta data for sales force .

can any one help how to get meta data from sales force using sales force API.

Views means like created  All Accounts , My accounts, new Last week and New this week .

Thanks you.

Hi my name is Amar and i am very new to Salesforce and as well as SOQL and SOSL languages.

I have a doubt regarding the inner functionality of SOSL. Here is the point i created an Account, i gave a Account Namelike "Sonia and" with out double quotes and also i gave Account Number like "and" in the same record. 

I opend Apex Explorer in that i opened SOSL tab and i am trying to search a record "Sonia and and and" here Sonia and is Account name. "and" this one is a operator(Marked as red in a search string). and the last "and" is Account Number. So when i click Send Request in SOSL tab it gave result.

Here my problem is how the salesforce will treat and operator. Here i have three "and" words. In these three how the salesforce detect which one is operator "and" which one is normal "and" word...?

Can anybody gave a solution for this one. If any link is there please provide those links..

Thanx In Advance..

Thanks & Regards

Amar

Hi my name is Amar and i am very new to Salesforce and as well as SOQL and SOSL languages.

I have a doubt regarding the inner functionality of SOSL. Here is the point i created an Account, i gave a Account Namelike "Sonia and" with out double quotes and also i gave Account Number like "and" in the same record. 

I opend Apex Explorer in that i opened SOSL tab and i am trying to search a record "Sonia and and and" here Sonia and is Account name. "and" this one is a operator(Marked as red in a search string). and the last "and" is Account Number. So when i click Send Request in SOSL tab it gave result.

Here my problem is how the salesforce will treat and operator. Here i have three "and" words. In these three how the salesforce detect which one is operator "and" which one is normal "and" word...?

Can anybody gave a solution for this one. If any link is there please provide those links..

Thanx In Advance..

Thanks & Regards

Amar

I have a doubt regarding the inner functionality of SOSL. Here is the point i created an Account, i gave a Account Name like "Sonia and" with out double quotes and also i gave Account Number like "and" in the same record. 

I opend Apex Explorer in that i opened SOSL tab and i am trying to search a record "Sonia and and and" here Sonia and is Account name. "and" this one is a operator(Marked as red in a search string). and the last "and" is Account Number. So when i click Send Request in SOSL tab it gave result.

Here my problem is how the salesforce will treat and operator. Here i have three "and" words. In these three how the salesforce detect which one is operator and which one is normal word...?

Thanx In Advance..

Thanks & Regards

Amar

I have a doubt regarding the inner functionality of SOSL. Here is the point i created an Account, i gave a Account Name like "Sonia and" with out double quotes and also i gave Account Number like "and" in the same record. 

I opend Apex Explorer in that i opened SOSL tab and i am trying to search a record "Sonia and and and" here Sonia and is Account name. "and" this one is a operator(Marked as red in a search string). and the last "and" is Account Number. So when i click Send Request in SOSL tab it gave result.

Here my problem is how the salesforce will treat and operator. Here i have three "and" words. In these three how the salesforce detect which one is operator and which one is normal word...?

Thanx In Advance..

Thanks & Regards

Amar