• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Trying to query an article type using soql. I'd like to return a list of all articles of that type that have a custom file field that is not null.

Anyone have any hints how to do this?

The field is named Documentation_link__c in the article type customization screen. I try to filter by that fieldname, but I get an error saying the field name does not exist.

Looking at the schema explorer, I see that the field is broken down into Documentation_Link__Name__s, Documentation_Link__Length__s, Documentation_Link__ContentType__s 

Unfourtunately, if I try to filter by any of those field, I get an error saying , "field X can not be filtered in a query call".

Thanks

We've built a sites-based public knowledge base that is working well for us.

I've created a custom object to use to store information for certain sections of the site. I have some publicly accessible pages that access these custom objects and display their field data. Everything seems to work fine, except for one problem. In RichEdit fields, the data is returned correctly, but images only show a place holder saying, "Image Not Available".

Is there some security setting that I'm missing to make this work. The public account has access to this field and is able to render the text portions of this RichEdit field. It's only the images that are not accessible.

If I preview the data from within SF using the normal or print views, the images display properly.

Thanks

<knowledge:articleList articleVar="article"  	        				  
hasMoreVar="hasMore" pageSize="10" articleTypes="Samples_and_Demos__kav, How_To__kav" categories="Topic:Applications,Topic:Desktop">

I'm trying to specify more then one articleType and category as filters for the VF tag "articleList".

The documentation doesn't specify how to do this.

For ArticleType, seperating by a comma works fine as listed. If I do the same thing for "categories", I only get results from the 2nd category specified, instead of from both. In this example, I only get results from Topic:Desktop and not Topic:Applications

Is there a different syntax for specifying multiple categories or is this a bug?

thanks!

Hi, Trying to figure out why my pageview count is so high on our public knowledge base that is based on the sample. We are getting a 10:1 discrepency compared to what we see reported by google analytics

Documentation

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/sites_limits.htm#SitesPageViewsWhatCounts

We use a custom domain name to access our site. Since every request uses this custom domain, does that mean assets that normally wouldn't create a pageview are now causing a pageview since they are being access via the custom domain url? 

Am I interpretting this correctly? That would explain a 10:1 discrepency

Thanks

I am performing sosl queries to return knowledge articles similar to this.

find {test} IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING KnowledgeArticleVersion ( id,title, urlName where publishStatus='online' and language='en_US')

How can I find out what type of article each result is? 

I don't want to have the sosl return a seperate list for each article type as I would like to keep the articles ranked based on the search term as stronly as possible. I'm only interested in a max of 5 returned records and I have 5 article types.

I can't find a good solution to this. Two possible solutions

1) for each id returned, query each article type to see if a record is returned

SELECT count() FROM faq__kav where id = 'ka4S0000000CaTSIA0'

SELECT count() FROM documentation__kav where id = 'ka4S0000000CaTSIA0'

So if I'm returning 5 records in my sosl, I could have up to 25 soql queries if I have 5 article types.

2) query knowledgeArticleVersion and the individual article Types in sosl. Take the list of knowledgeArticleVersions and then iterate through the other lists to see which articleType list it belongs to.

find {test} IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING KnowledgeArticleVersion ( id,title, urlName where publishStatus='online' and language='en_US'), faq__kav (id), documentation__kav(id)...

Is there a better way that I'm missing?

Thanks,.

I'm trying to create a case creation form on our public visual force site. I'm using the following code as a test and have tried to enable all permissions related to cases to the guest user account, but when I try to submit the form, I get a login page.

Is this possible what I'm trying to do? What am I missing? 

<apex:page standardController="case">
  <apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="New Case" mode="edit">
      <apex:pageBlockButtons >
        <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
      </apex:pageBlockButtons>
      <apex:pageBlockSection title="My Content Section" columns="2">
        <apex:inputField value="{!case.subject}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

There's a 2nd part to my task here also. I need to pre-populate some of the fields based on a post or get. I'm not sure how to populate the value of these special merge fields.

Thanks

We have implemented an Public knowledge base using SF knowledge, based on the sample provided.

We are having problems with the indexing of our attachments. 

The documentation below
https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/knowledge_custom_field_types.htm
states that up to 25MB of documentation will be indexed. 

But I have an article with a pdf that is only 4 MB and it is only indexed for about 10% of the document. If I take the same content and paste it into a text file or a word doc, the same behaviour happens. The articles are only appear in search results when searching for terms in the first 10% of the document and it stops on roughly the same word for each of the document formats.

This is not the only document that this happens with.

This happens when searching on our public site, as well as when searching in the salesforce, "article management" section. 

Anyone have any experience with this? It happens in our sandbox as well as our production site.

Thanks

We have a public site built on visual force. On another host that we own I have some php files that provide content that I need to include into my visualforce site. I don't want to use an iframe for this. The content is only a couple of short strings.

Any suggestions on what's the best way to do this? I tried looking at the ajax proxy, but this looked like it's been deprecated and I didn't get it to work. 

thanks,

Hi, 

We have a public knowledge base built using visual force, based on the sample provided. We'd like to implement answers on our public site. I have found the documentation and responses from salesforce conflicting and could use a push in the right direction.

1) Is the customer portal required to allow users to self-register?

2) Are the customer portal or partner portal required to implement answers and self-register?

3) Is the winter '11 release going to add any more functionality that would help with this project?

Any hints or knowledge appreciated. Thanks

I'm using the force.com ide and have been investigating the schema browser.

How do I change the API version? I'd like to be using it to explore the latest version as lots of my pages are at 22.0. It looks like I'm viewing an older one, possibly 20.

I tried changing the .project file, but that had no affect.

Similar problem with the force.com explorer.

Thanks

I'm completely confused as to how to accomplish this. I'm still a salesforce beginner.

I'm building a public knowledge base that used the sample as a starting point.

If I have the articleNumber of an article (ie: 000001516), I would like to be able to lookup the details on this article in order to construct a link to it. Ideally If I have access to the articletype and article name, I can construct a url.

I can't figure out how this can be possible using sosl, soql or anything built into VF.

Can anyone push me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I have been working at implementing a public knowledge base based on the sample and there is some functionality that I am missing. Any help appreciated.

1) The pagination works, but it feels very minimal. I feel it's a very bad user experience to not show how many total articles a query returns or how many pages of results there are. The user doesn't know if their search term is too vague or too precise because they don't know if it returned 2 pages of results or 50 pages of results without manually clicking through them. 

2) It would also be nice if I could break down the number of results per data category. The user can search for a term and can make an informed/intelligent decision to filter by data category knowing how many results would be returned by that filter.

Is there some way to find this information? I'm using the keyword attribute of knowledge:articleList VF tag, but I can't see how I can make a similar query that will return more usefull information.

Thanks very much.

When I publish a knowledge article, it shows an article number like 000001500 in the article management view. This number is searchable in the public knowledge base and will return the correct article number.

When I am displaying the article using a custom VF page, w/ the article type as the controller, as in.

standardcontroller="How_To__kav"  

How do I reference this article number to display to the user?

It does not appear to be exposed in the schema that I can find.

thanks!

I am new to salesforce and have been implementing a public knowledge base. 

Is there anyway to batch update the channel that articles belong to? I have about 800 articles that I need to be added to the "Public Knowledge Base" channel. I'd like to avoid getting someone to manually go through them all if possible!

Thanks and Sorry if this is obvious. 

I'm trying to use the articleRendererToolBar as per the documentation

<knowledge:articleRendererToolBar
              articleId="{! $CurrentPage.parameters.id}"
          />

Nothing gets displayed, but I do find some html elements are created. I can go through the stylesheet and remove entries that are hiding these elements and I can see the stars. There is no functionality though. Rolling mouse over results in javascript errors

1. Uncaught ReferenceError: mouseoverStar is not defined
The root cause appears to be the missing javascript file. The page is requesting jslibrary/VOTE which results in a 404. I've tried this on a developer edition as well as the corporate sandbox.
Anyone know what's gone wrong here?

Hi, I'm new to apex and salesforce in general and am trying to implement a public knowledge site.

I've added a custom field, "buildTOC" to a "self_help" knowledge article type and have been trying to create a custom page to display this article type. The idea is that I have some articles that require a table of contents and I am going to generate this using javascript once the page is delivered based on the value of "buildTOC" for that article.

I'm customizing the knowledgeController w/ an extra function, "getBuildTOC". In it I'm trying to get the article id by using the following as seen in the examples.

Id id = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');

This gets me an ID that looks like kA0A0000000PTub.

I'm trying to query buildTOC based on that ID,

List<Self_Help__kav> articles = [SELECT id, title ,BuildIndex__c FROM Self_Help__kav WHERE id = :id];

But I always get an empty recordset.

Trying to figure out why, I tried executing the following query in the SystemLog executor.

system.debug([select title,id from self_help__kav where publishStatus='online' and language='en_US']);

Which returns me a list of records including the article that I am refering to earlier. The problem is that it lists it as a different ID. The result of this query lists it as ka0A0000000PUKvIAO and if I hardcode that value into my earlier query, I get a proper record returned.

How do I access this "other" id from page parameters or is there a different way to do this that I'm missing? Why is there two ID's? Is one the published ID?

Thanks!

<knowledge:articleList articleVar="article"  	        				  
hasMoreVar="hasMore" pageSize="10" articleTypes="Samples_and_Demos__kav, How_To__kav" categories="Topic:Applications,Topic:Desktop">

I'm trying to specify more then one articleType and category as filters for the VF tag "articleList".

The documentation doesn't specify how to do this.

For ArticleType, seperating by a comma works fine as listed. If I do the same thing for "categories", I only get results from the 2nd category specified, instead of from both. In this example, I only get results from Topic:Desktop and not Topic:Applications

Is there a different syntax for specifying multiple categories or is this a bug?

thanks!

I am performing sosl queries to return knowledge articles similar to this.

find {test} IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING KnowledgeArticleVersion ( id,title, urlName where publishStatus='online' and language='en_US')

How can I find out what type of article each result is? 

I don't want to have the sosl return a seperate list for each article type as I would like to keep the articles ranked based on the search term as stronly as possible. I'm only interested in a max of 5 returned records and I have 5 article types.

I can't find a good solution to this. Two possible solutions

1) for each id returned, query each article type to see if a record is returned

SELECT count() FROM faq__kav where id = 'ka4S0000000CaTSIA0'

SELECT count() FROM documentation__kav where id = 'ka4S0000000CaTSIA0'

So if I'm returning 5 records in my sosl, I could have up to 25 soql queries if I have 5 article types.

2) query knowledgeArticleVersion and the individual article Types in sosl. Take the list of knowledgeArticleVersions and then iterate through the other lists to see which articleType list it belongs to.

find {test} IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING KnowledgeArticleVersion ( id,title, urlName where publishStatus='online' and language='en_US'), faq__kav (id), documentation__kav(id)...

Is there a better way that I'm missing?

Thanks,.

We have implemented an Public knowledge base using SF knowledge, based on the sample provided.

We are having problems with the indexing of our attachments. 

The documentation below
https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/knowledge_custom_field_types.htm
states that up to 25MB of documentation will be indexed. 

But I have an article with a pdf that is only 4 MB and it is only indexed for about 10% of the document. If I take the same content and paste it into a text file or a word doc, the same behaviour happens. The articles are only appear in search results when searching for terms in the first 10% of the document and it stops on roughly the same word for each of the document formats.

This is not the only document that this happens with.

This happens when searching on our public site, as well as when searching in the salesforce, "article management" section. 

Anyone have any experience with this? It happens in our sandbox as well as our production site.

Thanks

Hi, 

We have a public knowledge base built using visual force, based on the sample provided. We'd like to implement answers on our public site. I have found the documentation and responses from salesforce conflicting and could use a push in the right direction.

1) Is the customer portal required to allow users to self-register?

2) Are the customer portal or partner portal required to implement answers and self-register?

3) Is the winter '11 release going to add any more functionality that would help with this project?

Any hints or knowledge appreciated. Thanks

When I publish a knowledge article, it shows an article number like 000001500 in the article management view. This number is searchable in the public knowledge base and will return the correct article number.

When I am displaying the article using a custom VF page, w/ the article type as the controller, as in.

standardcontroller="How_To__kav"  

How do I reference this article number to display to the user?

It does not appear to be exposed in the schema that I can find.

thanks!

I am new to salesforce and have been implementing a public knowledge base. 

Is there anyway to batch update the channel that articles belong to? I have about 800 articles that I need to be added to the "Public Knowledge Base" channel. I'd like to avoid getting someone to manually go through them all if possible!

Thanks and Sorry if this is obvious. 

I'm trying to use the articleRendererToolBar as per the documentation

<knowledge:articleRendererToolBar
              articleId="{! $CurrentPage.parameters.id}"
          />

Nothing gets displayed, but I do find some html elements are created. I can go through the stylesheet and remove entries that are hiding these elements and I can see the stars. There is no functionality though. Rolling mouse over results in javascript errors

1. Uncaught ReferenceError: mouseoverStar is not defined
The root cause appears to be the missing javascript file. The page is requesting jslibrary/VOTE which results in a 404. I've tried this on a developer edition as well as the corporate sandbox.
Anyone know what's gone wrong here?

Hi, I'm new to apex and salesforce in general and am trying to implement a public knowledge site.

I've added a custom field, "buildTOC" to a "self_help" knowledge article type and have been trying to create a custom page to display this article type. The idea is that I have some articles that require a table of contents and I am going to generate this using javascript once the page is delivered based on the value of "buildTOC" for that article.

I'm customizing the knowledgeController w/ an extra function, "getBuildTOC". In it I'm trying to get the article id by using the following as seen in the examples.

Id id = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');

This gets me an ID that looks like kA0A0000000PTub.

I'm trying to query buildTOC based on that ID,

List<Self_Help__kav> articles = [SELECT id, title ,BuildIndex__c FROM Self_Help__kav WHERE id = :id];

But I always get an empty recordset.

Trying to figure out why, I tried executing the following query in the SystemLog executor.

system.debug([select title,id from self_help__kav where publishStatus='online' and language='en_US']);

Which returns me a list of records including the article that I am refering to earlier. The problem is that it lists it as a different ID. The result of this query lists it as ka0A0000000PUKvIAO and if I hardcode that value into my earlier query, I get a proper record returned.

How do I access this "other" id from page parameters or is there a different way to do this that I'm missing? Why is there two ID's? Is one the published ID?

Thanks!

We have a site that was recently launched into production. Over the past 2 days, Salesforce has reported 20K, 70Kfor 1/26 and 1/27. We use Google Analytics on every page on the site to track this as well. Google reports 21K and 20K for 1/26 and 1/27. What is the deal with the double/triple counting page views, and how do we stop it? Since the only thing in Sites you pay extra/add-on for is page views, this is a pretty large concern to us. I'm opening a support ticket too, but I figured I'd throw this in the open to see if anyone else has found similar.