• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello:

I know this is not officially supported by salesforce (even though they present this technique in various forums).
I have a custom object with a custom button that creates a child Task and presets the values on several fields.  I'm having trouble defaulting one field - the Related To picklist.  I want the parent object name in the picklist to default, but I can't seem to do it.
Using Firebug, I determined that the Related To picklist field is tsk3_mlktp, but no matter what I try, I can't get that field to default to my custom object name within that picklist.  I've tried the object name in double-quotes, as well as the object ID.  If I use the object ID, It does populate the actual object ID in the Related To field, but what I need is the value/name of that object.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Hello:

I know this is not officially supported by salesforce (even though they present this technique in various forums).
I have a custom object with a custom button that creates a child Task and presets the values on several fields.  I'm having trouble defaulting one field - the Related To picklist.  I want the parent object name in the picklist to default, but I can't seem to do it.
Using Firebug, I determined that the Related To picklist field is tsk3_mlktp, but no matter what I try, I can't get that field to default to my custom object name within that picklist.  I've tried the object name in double-quotes, as well as the object ID.  If I use the object ID, It does populate the actual object ID in the Related To field, but what I need is the value/name of that object.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

I updated my version of firefox to 3.6. 

After the updated I notice a strange behavior on visual force pages while in developer mode. 

When I go to a visual force page for the first time it displays a white screen.  No borders no heading nothing a completely white page. 

I hit refresh then the page displays correctly.  This was not happening in version 3.5 of firefox.  Has anyone else experianced any strange behavior with VF pages in Firefox 3.6

When not on developer mode the page renders correctly.

Thanks

• February 03, 2010