• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I used Eclipse to create a large amount of fields from a previous copy of an environment.  Now I'm running into a strange problem, when the field is displayed via visualforce (or even on a standard page layout the field is greyed out.  I've check Field Level Security, Picklist Values assigned to Record Types, and field accessibility.  All of them appear correct but for some reason the fields I pushed using Eclipse are inaccessible to me (system administrator)

When a user clicks the new button the case tab I would like my visuaforce page to display the "default" layout for a one record type and display another layout (VF) for the other type.

Is there a way within VF to "bypass" the VF and display the default view of a record (based on record type/page layouts)?

I'm trying to set the value of a visulaforce input field (Case.Owner) to the user creating the record, how would I go about doing this?

Using the following page i was able to achieve a dynamic edit page:

http://developer.force.com/cookbook/recipe/dynamically-updating-a-page

Now I have the need to apply similar logic to when a new record is created and when a user is viewing the record (in read mode) I need to be able to dynamically display a group of fields based on a selection made by the user.

Update: I was able to achieve the logic at the "read mode" level, is it just as easy to deploy similar logic to the new record mode by overiding the new button with a VF page and just change the mode from "edit" to "new"?

<apex:page standardController="Case">
<apex:form >
            <apex:pageBlock >

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Group 1" columns="1"
                                       rendered="{!case.Type_of_Request == 'Group 1'}">
                <apex:outputField value="{!case.Field_2}" />
                <apex:outputField value="{!case.Field_3}"/>
                </apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Group 2" columns="1"
                                       rendered="{!case.Type_of_Request == 'Group 2'}">
                <apex:inlineEditSupport showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton" 
                hideOnEdit="editButton" event="ondblclick" 
                changedStyleClass="myBoldClass" resetFunction="resetInlineEdit"/>
                <apex:outputField value="{!case.Field_4}"/>
                <apex:outputField value="{!case.Field_5}"/>
                <apex:outputField value="{!case.Field_6}"/>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Web Information" columns="1"
                                       rendered="{!OR(case.Type_of_Request == 'Group 3',case.Type_of_Request == 'Group 4')}">
                <apex:outputField value="{!case.Field_7}"/>

</apex:pageBlock>
       </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Also note, the above is a VF page put onto a page layout for the case record.

I'm attempting to use CSS to make text bold within a PDF that is generated off of a custom object, below is a snippet of my css and the portion of the PDF code where that style is called, i've also tried just surrounding the text in

<b></b>

Below is the snippet:

p {
    font-size:10pt;
    font-family:Arial Unicode MS;
    font-weight:bold;
  }

<p>
<b>First Heading</b>
</p>

I'm attempting to modify an existing appexchange page/button called "massedit".

I need to modify the page to display a different set of columns based on the users profile, I was able to find the following through the Salesforce documents, problem is this code is intended for something a little bit different than what i'm trying to do:

<apex:page action="{!if($Profile.Name !='System Administrator',
null,
urlFor($Action.Account.Tab, $ObjectType.Account,
null, true))}" standardcontroller="Account" recordsetvar="accounts" tabstyle="Account">

<!-- Replace with your markup --> 

This page replaces your Account home page for
all users except Administrators.

I'm just not quite sure how to drop two separate visualforce pages within the IF statement, the page itself looks like the following, natively:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" recordSetVar="unused" sidebar="false">
<apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.UtilJS}" />
<apex:pageMessages />
Note: All modifications made on the page will be lost if Return button is clicked without clicking the Save button first. 
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
<apex:commandButton value="Return" action="{!cancel}"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!selected}" var="opp" id="table">
<apex:column headerValue="Company" width="500px">
<apex:outputField value="{!opp.AccountID}"/>
</apex:column>
<apex:column headerValue="Name">
<apex:inputField value="{!opp.name}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Amount">
<apex:inputField required="true" value="{!opp.amount}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>

I used Eclipse to create a large amount of fields from a previous copy of an environment.  Now I'm running into a strange problem, when the field is displayed via visualforce (or even on a standard page layout the field is greyed out.  I've check Field Level Security, Picklist Values assigned to Record Types, and field accessibility.  All of them appear correct but for some reason the fields I pushed using Eclipse are inaccessible to me (system administrator)

When a user clicks the new button the case tab I would like my visuaforce page to display the "default" layout for a one record type and display another layout (VF) for the other type.

Is there a way within VF to "bypass" the VF and display the default view of a record (based on record type/page layouts)?

I'm trying to set the value of a visulaforce input field (Case.Owner) to the user creating the record, how would I go about doing this?

I'm attempting to use CSS to make text bold within a PDF that is generated off of a custom object, below is a snippet of my css and the portion of the PDF code where that style is called, i've also tried just surrounding the text in

<b></b>

Below is the snippet:

p {
    font-size:10pt;
    font-family:Arial Unicode MS;
    font-weight:bold;
  }

<p>
<b>First Heading</b>
</p>

I'm attempting to modify an existing appexchange page/button called "massedit".

I need to modify the page to display a different set of columns based on the users profile, I was able to find the following through the Salesforce documents, problem is this code is intended for something a little bit different than what i'm trying to do:

<apex:page action="{!if($Profile.Name !='System Administrator',
null,
urlFor($Action.Account.Tab, $ObjectType.Account,
null, true))}" standardcontroller="Account" recordsetvar="accounts" tabstyle="Account">

<!-- Replace with your markup --> 

This page replaces your Account home page for
all users except Administrators.

I'm just not quite sure how to drop two separate visualforce pages within the IF statement, the page itself looks like the following, natively:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" recordSetVar="unused" sidebar="false">
<apex:includeScript value="{!$Resource.UtilJS}" />
<apex:pageMessages />
Note: All modifications made on the page will be lost if Return button is clicked without clicking the Save button first. 
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
<apex:commandButton value="Return" action="{!cancel}"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!selected}" var="opp" id="table">
<apex:column headerValue="Company" width="500px">
<apex:outputField value="{!opp.AccountID}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Name">
<apex:inputField value="{!opp.name}"/>