• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can i send data from my web site to the custom object created in salesforce environment using Web Services Connector (WSC) provided by the salesforce API.

If not den what is the other way of dng it....

using the web to lead concept i am trying to create a new lead...

the page is working fine but the new lead that i am creating using the website dat is not coming on my sales force page...

can i get some solution to this problem....

am i supposed to create a separate code to send the data from the html code to the salesforce lead...

i am just using the html code that is generated using the web to lead concept.....

I am planning to create a customer portal using JavaScript n Servlets from where the clients can login. i want to enable them to enter the details on website which i want to store on my salesforce and then show them the plan and details on website which will b generated on salesforce....

On salesforce i have already created custom objects which is storing the data entered on my salesforce application

how can i connect my website to slaesforce database and then retrieve the data from salesforce....

I have a Princial_amount_outstanding custom field in my Asset object. it wil consist of a list of values. i need to find a sum of all the Principal_amount_outstanding in my Account Object custom field how shld i write the formula for it in another object

I have a Princial_amount_outstanding custom field in my Asset object. it wil consist of a list of values. i need to find a sum of all the Principal_amount_outstanding in my Account Object custom field how shld i write the formula for it in another object

can i get the explanation as to what this code is doing

select sum(total_insurance__c)total 

here total_insurance__c is my formula field where i want all the total of the  insurance details feed in

i have two custom object Asset and Goal. i have to write a formula for goal object field where i need to use a field of asset object. there is no relation between these two objects then how do i use the field of Asset object.

can i get a solution for the same

i have two custom object Asset and Goal. i have to write a formula for goal object field where i need to use a field of asset object. there is no relation between these two objects then how do i use the field of Asset object.

in my project der are some formulas in which i am using the fields of other custom objects. there is not relation between the two objects. how do i implement the formula...

i need help on the following code

public List<Income__c> getIncomeRecords(String recordTypeId,List<Account> accountList){

List<Income__c> incomeList = dbSOQL.getIncomes(recordTypeId,accountList); 

return incomeList;

}

here Income__c is my custom object. what is the recordTypeId here?

how is it related to fetch my custom object records

In the code there was one more method which is as follows

public void addRow(List<Income__c> incomes,String recordTypeIdString){

Income__c income = new Income__c();

income.recordTypeId = recordTypeIdString;    

incomes.add(income);

}

here wlso i am not able to figure out what the parameter RecordYypeIdString denote?

where does it fetch it from ?

i have created few record types for my custom object. i have made layouts also for it and assgned it to the record type.

still on execution i am not getting the layout.

what should i do for it.

i have com e accross the following code

AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Retirement Accounts').Name

Here AssetRecTypes is a custom setting and Retirement Accounts is my Record Type Name.

but then this line is giving me an error 

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object 

can i get a solution for it....

I am trying to fetch the RecordType ID using the following code but its giving me error

in the code below Asset is my object name

asset.RecordTypeId==AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Personal Assets').RecordTypeId__c 
                                          ||asset.RecordTypeId==AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Business Assets').RecordTypeId__c 
                                          ||asset.RecordTypeId==AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Real Estate Assets').RecordTypeId__c)

i have created record types in my salesforce .

when i enter values in it after clicking the save button it is giving me the following error 

Y is it happening? 

(selRecordTypeName==AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Retirement Accounts').Name
             || selRecordTypeName==AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Post Office Saving Schemes').Name
             ||selRecordTypeName==AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Deposits With Bank').Name)

the above code is giving me error am not able to figure out that 

can i get an explanation on the same

how do i create a layout associated for a a record type..

can i get the steps for it...

I have 3 record Types for a custom object and i have created different layouts. On the click of the link on the link on the main the record type layout gets displayed. but i am not getting the layout fo the same on execution. what shld i do for it?

I have created a picklist for my custom object.

The custom object has 3 record Types with different layout.

From this pick list which is der in the object few values are displayed in each recordtype layout.

how do i do dat....

public FPsidebarController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {

fmBean=new FamilyMemberInfoBean();

fmInfoService=new FamilyMemberInfoService();

fmInfoService.isCostomerProfile(fmBean);

this.acct = (Account)stdController.getRecord();

String accountId;

if(Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get(entityId)!=null){

if(this.acct.Id == null){

accountId= Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get(entityId);

}

else{

accountId = this.acct.Id;

}

}

public FPsidebarController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController)

{     

String accountId;     

if(Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get(entityId)!=null)

{           

if(this.acct.Id == null)

{       accountId= Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get(entityId); 

}       

else

{       

}   

}

i am not able to understand what this code is tring to do?

can i get some help on the same

using my apex code when i fill in all the details for a record then on the click of save button i am saving the details and then moving to the next page. in the next page i am entering more details. but on the next page i am getting the following url

https://c.cs6.visual.force.com/apex/ClientMemberDetails?entityId=null&tabname=Financial+Planning

i am not understanding y is the entityId coming as null.....            

then when i try to enter details i get the error as  follows

System.StringException: Invalid id: null 

Class.ClientMemberDetailsController.AddNewMember: line 111, column 13 External entry point

why is it happening like this........

can i know wat are the parameters of salesforce URL wen i create a new record in a object or wen i navigate from a page to another....

Can i send data from my web site to the custom object created in salesforce environment using Web Services Connector (WSC) provided by the salesforce API.

If not den what is the other way of dng it....

using the web to lead concept i am trying to create a new lead...

the page is working fine but the new lead that i am creating using the website dat is not coming on my sales force page...

can i get some solution to this problem....

am i supposed to create a separate code to send the data from the html code to the salesforce lead...

i am just using the html code that is generated using the web to lead concept.....

in my project der are some formulas in which i am using the fields of other custom objects. there is not relation between the two objects. how do i implement the formula...

i have com e accross the following code

AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Retirement Accounts').Name

Here AssetRecTypes is a custom setting and Retirement Accounts is my Record Type Name.

but then this line is giving me an error 

can i get a solution for it....

I am trying to fetch the RecordType ID using the following code but its giving me error

in the code below Asset is my object name

asset.RecordTypeId==AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Personal Assets').RecordTypeId__c 
                                          ||asset.RecordTypeId==AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Business Assets').RecordTypeId__c 
                                          ||asset.RecordTypeId==AssetRecTypes__c.getInstance('Real Estate Assets').RecordTypeId__c)

how do i create a layout associated for a a record type..

can i get the steps for it...

I have 3 record Types for a custom object and i have created different layouts. On the click of the link on the link on the main the record type layout gets displayed. but i am not getting the layout fo the same on execution. what shld i do for it?

public FPsidebarController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {

String accountId;

if(Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get(entityId)!=null){

if(this.acct.Id == null){

accountId= Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get(entityId);

}

else{

}

}

public FPsidebarController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController)

{     

String accountId;     

if(Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get(entityId)!=null)

{           

if(this.acct.Id == null)

{       accountId= Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get(entityId); 

}       

else

{       

}   

}

i am not able to understand what this code is tring to do?

can i get some help on the same

can i know wat are the parameters of salesforce URL wen i create a new record in a object or wen i navigate from a page to another....

I have come accross the following code in a controller class.

String parentId=Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get('entityId');

String childId=Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get('fentityId');

I am trying to figure out why is der two Id? I what case can a page have two different entityId

The code is using this entityId to fetch values from the database but the entity id is not getting fteched how can i fetch the same.......

what are the ways of fetching entity id of a page and then using to retrieve the values

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal view ID No Action. The ID must begin with / 

I am not able to figure out what does this error mean.... can i get some help on it....

entityId=Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get('entityId');

i have the following code in my controller class...

this entity ID is used for navigation to ther pages and fetching the values also...

but the entity id is not getting fetched. because of which when i navigate there is no entity id dat is being displayed what shld i do