• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I cut and pasted the example on page 351 (Force.com Apex Developer's Guide Winter '12 version). The class was created. How do I call this class and see what was generated?

• January 08, 2012

Could someone explain why the slash "/' is required for the link to work in the example below?

When I use this  code, the link does not work. I get an error: "The name '...' can only contain alphanumeric characters, must begin with a letter, and must be unique."

<apex:column headerValue="Contract Number">
<apex:outputLink value="{!c.Id}">{!c.ContractNumber}</apex:outputLink>
</apex:column>

However when I add the slash "/" everything works as expected. Is this documented somewhere? I have not found an explanation yet.

<apex:outputLink value="/{!c.Id}">{!c.ContractNumber}</apex:outputLink>

• December 13, 2011

How do I modify this ( <apex:column headerValue="Id" value="{!c.Id}"/>) so that the Id displays as hyperlink? What is the proper way of displaying fields as hyperlink like Salesfoce does in a Visualforce page?

Thank you in advance.

• December 10, 2011

I created a custom junction object, called ContatContract, between the Contact and Contract objects. On ContactContract I created a lookuprelationhip field to the Contact object and another to the Contract objet. The related list label on the Contact lookup field is "Contracts" and the one on Contract is "Contacts". Both were added to the appropriate page layout.  In the Contact object page layout, in the Contracts related list section I selected Contact from the "available fields" list and for the Contract page layout I selected Contact. Now both Contact and Contract object contain data. When I refreshed contract I  was looking at I expected see all the contacts that were on the contract. All I got was "No record to display" in the "Contacts" related list section. The same when I selected a contact. Nothing under the Contracts related list. Shouldn't there be data since the main object are already populated?

Thanks.

• June 13, 2011

In the  Sales data model there's an object called ContractContactRole that seem to link the Contact and Contract objects. Can it be used in the Contact page layout for example? If so how? I am trying to show all the contracts a particular contact is assigned to. Specifically if I click on a contact I would like to see all the contracts for that contact. If I click on a contract I would like to see all the contacts. It seem like ContractContactRole object would do the job but it not showing as available in any page layout (Contact nor Contract). Thanks.

• June 10, 2011

How do objects in force.com relate to each other? How are Contracts related to Contacts for example? Could someone recommend any literature explaining this?

Thanks.

• June 08, 2011

Could someone explain why the slash "/' is required for the link to work in the example below?

When I use this  code, the link does not work. I get an error: "The name '...' can only contain alphanumeric characters, must begin with a letter, and must be unique."

<apex:outputLink value="{!c.Id}">{!c.ContractNumber}</apex:outputLink>

However when I add the slash "/" everything works as expected. Is this documented somewhere? I have not found an explanation yet.

<apex:outputLink value="/{!c.Id}">{!c.ContractNumber}</apex:outputLink>

• December 13, 2011

How do I modify this ( <apex:column headerValue="Id" value="{!c.Id}"/>) so that the Id displays as hyperlink? What is the proper way of displaying fields as hyperlink like Salesfoce does in a Visualforce page?

Thank you in advance.

• December 10, 2011

In the  Sales data model there's an object called ContractContactRole that seem to link the Contact and Contract objects. Can it be used in the Contact page layout for example? If so how? I am trying to show all the contracts a particular contact is assigned to. Specifically if I click on a contact I would like to see all the contracts for that contact. If I click on a contract I would like to see all the contacts. It seem like ContractContactRole object would do the job but it not showing as available in any page layout (Contact nor Contract). Thanks.

• June 10, 2011

How do objects in force.com relate to each other? How are Contracts related to Contacts for example? Could someone recommend any literature explaining this?

Thanks.

• June 08, 2011