• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have an applet called from a VF page, which works fine with IE.  However, with Firefox, the applet loads and disappears then reappears based on the timing of the actionpoller.  The applet should load and stay loaded, which it does in IE. If I comment out the actionpoller code in the VF page, the applet stays loaded as it should in Firefox.  Here is the actionpoller line:

<apex:actionPoller interval="5" action="{!noOp}" oncomplete="getBarCodes()" rerender="jsPanel"/>

Is there some issue trying to use actionpoller in Firefox vs IE.  Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm trying to invoke a java applet method from javascript running in a VF page.  I have the applet loaded as a jar in a static resource and the VF page will run the init() method OK to start the applet.  But I want to call some applet methods directly, similar to what I could do from HTML.  I cannot get the same HTML code to run in the VF page, and am wondering if it is even possible to do invoke an applet method from javascript in a VF page.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have written a simple java applet to login to salesforce.  When I run the code not in the browser (replacing init() with a main method), the login runs fine.  When I run it as an applet in a browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox) the applet starts, but the login just hangs up.  When I look at my login history in Salesforce, there is no login success or failure for the applet case.  Any help with this would be appreciated.

I have searched extensively for a solution of how to call a Java applet from a VF page and I cannot find a working example.  I have the following applet, which works fine the browser:

import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;

public class ExampleApplet extends JApplet
{
  public void init() {

}

public void paint(Graphics g)
  {
    setBackground(Color.white);
    g.drawString("Test String", 25, 30);
  }
}

The following VF page:

<apex:page StandardController="Demo_Object__c">

<h1>Applet Test

</h1><html><HEAD></HEAD><p>Starting applet</p>

<BODY BGCOLOR="000000">

<CENTER>

<APPLET

name = "MyExApplet"

code = "ExampleApplet.class"

codebase = "{!$Resource.ExApplet}"

width = "500"

height = "300"

>

</APPLET>

</CENTER>

</BODY>

</html>

</apex:page>

I have set up the applet as a static resource called ExApplet.

The VF page opens, but the applet fails.  There is a very brief error message saying class file not found.

Can someone help me with this.  It seems like a simple problem, but there are no complete examples I can find after several hours of searching.

Thanks.

I'm trying to invoke a Java applet located on my local machine from a VF page.  Is this possible?  How do I specify the Remote Site (I keep getting "cannot parse URL" when I use localhost for example)?

I have an applet called from a VF page, which works fine with IE.  However, with Firefox, the applet loads and disappears then reappears based on the timing of the actionpoller.  The applet should load and stay loaded, which it does in IE. If I comment out the actionpoller code in the VF page, the applet stays loaded as it should in Firefox.  Here is the actionpoller line:

<apex:actionPoller interval="5" action="{!noOp}" oncomplete="getBarCodes()" rerender="jsPanel"/>

Is there some issue trying to use actionpoller in Firefox vs IE.  Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm trying to invoke a Java applet located on my local machine from a VF page.  Is this possible?  How do I specify the Remote Site (I keep getting "cannot parse URL" when I use localhost for example)?