• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
hello,

Earlier in the week we had a certificate expire.   This caused salesforce to stop communicating to a server.   This was se up a few years ago by someone who has since left the company.   I have attempted to create a CA signed certificate which was signed by our CA.   I then imported this into Salesforce and a cert downloaded from here.   But when this cert is imported into our server there is no private key present.

The expired cert has a private key and we get an error that the connection has be closed during hand shake.   Now I am not even sure that this is the correct type of cert to be using as I didn't see any evidence of the expired cert in our salesforce environment.   But I don't know that once a cert expires if it is deleted from the list at Sercurity Controls>Certificate and Key Management.

So my question is have I missed a step in the cert creation that will include a private key or is this the incorrect type of cert.   The call is being made in some apex code and in here I cannot see any reference to a cert.   I didn't expect to see anything here but I can't find and reference to the expired cert.

I have tried trawling documentation but nothing really helps.   It explaqins how to set up the cert but not anything about a private key etc.

Any assistance will be greatly received.

Thanks

Paul.

Hello,

Does anyone know of any useful articles or examples of building a listner in Azure for a Salesforce outbound message?   I am begining to look into this now and just wanted to know if there are any useful resources out there.

Thanks

Paul.

Hello,

We have recently move from a PC based office to a mac based office so have ditched Eclipse for the force.com ide.   We have been having issues in our release procedure since this change over.   In some of our metadata files (Mainly objects and workflows) we had commented out certain things so they do not over write themselves.   Mainly on work flows where the user name for an email is environment spcific so it can't be pushed through a uat environment into a prod environment.   We also commented out list views.   We would just change them in prod and they would copy down when we refreshed the dev and uat environments.

In Eclipse this was fine.   But in Force.com ide the comments are removed.   Also if I remove the outboundmessage tag in the meta data the ide puts it back in again.   In the past we have been able to delete things like this from ecplise and a release won't delete these items in the environment.  

Is this a feature of the force.com ide or is this how it should work.   I know in theory I should not be referencing user names/email addresses in meta data it should be a group so it moves through the environments using the same name.

Do I have to change these workflows etc  to reference a group and not a user/email address or is there a setting in the force.com ide to stop the ide doing this?

Thanks for your time.

Paul Wilkins

Hello

I have created a new object which i want to show on the Account as a related list.   I want anyone in the Account to be able to view the contents of this related list but only the account owner has the rights to create a new record or edit one that is already there.   Is this possible?

Thanks

Paul

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me.   I am on a screen for the creation of a Task.   I want to select a contact for this task.   When I do this I get the chance to search all contacts for this new Task.   What I want to do is restrict this to only contacts that are linked to the Account which this task is being created in.   So I think I need to use a Lookup filter on the contact so the searchable records are restricted.   The Contact has a look up relationship in the task that is Lookup(Lead,Contact).   So when I go to edit this I do not get the option to create a look up filter.   Is this due to the look up to the lead and contact?   Am I just not able to do this at this point?

Any ideas or experiences with Look up filters would be appreciated.

Thanks  Paul.

hello,

Earlier in the week we had a certificate expire.   This caused salesforce to stop communicating to a server.   This was se up a few years ago by someone who has since left the company.   I have attempted to create a CA signed certificate which was signed by our CA.   I then imported this into Salesforce and a cert downloaded from here.   But when this cert is imported into our server there is no private key present.

The expired cert has a private key and we get an error that the connection has be closed during hand shake.   Now I am not even sure that this is the correct type of cert to be using as I didn't see any evidence of the expired cert in our salesforce environment.   But I don't know that once a cert expires if it is deleted from the list at Sercurity Controls>Certificate and Key Management.

So my question is have I missed a step in the cert creation that will include a private key or is this the incorrect type of cert.   The call is being made in some apex code and in here I cannot see any reference to a cert.   I didn't expect to see anything here but I can't find and reference to the expired cert.

I have tried trawling documentation but nothing really helps.   It explaqins how to set up the cert but not anything about a private key etc.

Any assistance will be greatly received.

Thanks

Paul.

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me.   I am on a screen for the creation of a Task.   I want to select a contact for this task.   When I do this I get the chance to search all contacts for this new Task.   What I want to do is restrict this to only contacts that are linked to the Account which this task is being created in.   So I think I need to use a Lookup filter on the contact so the searchable records are restricted.   The Contact has a look up relationship in the task that is Lookup(Lead,Contact).   So when I go to edit this I do not get the option to create a look up filter.   Is this due to the look up to the lead and contact?   Am I just not able to do this at this point?

Any ideas or experiences with Look up filters would be appreciated.

Thanks  Paul.