• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Friends,

Is there any way of getting Trigger.new values in AfterInsert / AfterUpdate operations, i know we cant get in normal trigger operations.

Is there a possibility we can store it somewhere in a before instance and then reuse it in the after update operations. Please advice.

Thanks,
Maverick
Hi All,

I am in need to access an Email Exchange Server to access an email Distribution List (DL), from this DL need to fetch all the users and then do further processing on some records based on these fetched users.

Issue : I dont know how to access Exchange Server and then the DL situated on it, what api to use? Is there any standard wsdl already available for such a thing?

I'm lost here, if someone can guide me how to? or if they have already built a solution for this, please help.

Thanks,
Maverick
Hi Guys,

I have a requirement where i am building a visualforce page and would like to have an already existing detail page button on it. I am not sure if it is possible. If yes, please let me know..

The reason i would like to do it this way is, this button is a 'OnClick Javascript' button, that has some url's that are fetched based on instance of the sandbox and i dont want to do the maintenance thing on multiple places. Kindly advice.

Thanks,
Maverick

Hi Friends,

I have few picklist fields rendered from my object on to the visualforce page, when i view them on page, the static value on the picklist is seen as '--None--', which i want to change to '--Select--'.

I know this is possible if i am building a new custom ListofOptions field in visualforce but not sure for the standard/custom fields. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Maverick

Hello All,

We have over 100 Lead Assignment rules for Web Leads in our org. Off late the assignment rules have been assigning the owners randomly, which dont even match the filter criteria.

I know the order is important, but what i dont understand is how can it assign wrong owners completely. This is happening from web portal as well as when creating a lead from UI. Salesforce support doesn't have any answers to this behaviour.

If anyone from you have faced this and got the issue solved, please let me know..

Thanks,

Maverick

Hi Guys,

I have a unique problem here, my issue is

1) I have a child object on Account with Lookup relationship. I have a OnDelete trigger on Account, so when the Account is deleted the child gets deleted, so far good.

2) But when the Account is "Merged", in this case too the child record gets deleted and the merging of the records is incorrect.

I would like to able to differentiate, if the deletion of the Account is whether via 'merge' request or if specifically called.

I would then like to bypass it in the on delete trigger. I found a field MasterRecordId on account, but not sure, if it gets set on the Loser/deleted account.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Maverick

• Hi Guys,

I have a requirement where i need to prevent duplicate records from being inserted upon insert or update.

For this i have a created a formula field that concatenates 2 fields and made this as unique.

I know this works when the user tries to insert a duplicate from UI, but i would like to know if this will also help me on bulk insert, i dont want the whole transaction to get rolled back. Is trigger the only way out? If yes, a sample code will be helpful.

Thanks,

Maverick

Hello All,

I have a situation here, where i would like to by pass/avoid a DML acitivity and proceed ahead with further code.

My Batch class evokes a trigger on a object, which tries to upsert some related object on it, but in fact there is simply no need and because an issue with that upsert my rest of the code hangs up.

Is there a way to avoid it....i have tried to put the upsert in try catch block, but it doesnt help....

try{

upsert x;

}catch(exception e){}

Please help....

Thanks,

Maverick

Hello Everyone,

I have a unique problem, my org has more then 100 testclasses and every deployment takes around ~1.5 hrs. The issue is at times we face a lot of "Too many SOQL's" error. When we try to run these testclasses in our sandbox they run fine, but only during the deployment they crop up.

We do take care of coding practises and make sure that there are no queries within the loops and as well as to limit the dml statements...

My question is what could be the possible root cause for this? Is there are standard way to streamline these many testclasses? or monitor there governor limit usage(i know we could find them in the debug logs) during run time?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Maverick

Hi All,

I need help with creating a custom link on user, which would copy over the existing user record's profile and role in a new page, where i would fill the rest of the details and save it to create a new user.

I tried using this link : /{!User.Id}/e?clone=1&retURL=%2F{!User.Id}&isdtp=mn

But this copies all the fields, whereas i need just the profile and role to copied over.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi Friends,

Is there any way of getting Trigger.new values in AfterInsert / AfterUpdate operations, i know we cant get in normal trigger operations.

Is there a possibility we can store it somewhere in a before instance and then reuse it in the after update operations. Please advice.

Thanks,
Maverick

Hi Friends,

I have few picklist fields rendered from my object on to the visualforce page, when i view them on page, the static value on the picklist is seen as '--None--', which i want to change to '--Select--'.

I know this is possible if i am building a new custom ListofOptions field in visualforce but not sure for the standard/custom fields. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Maverick

Hi

I have created a field on the Case object called Agent__c which is a lookup of the User.

When a user creates a new case comment and checks on PUBLIC checkbox, an email alert needs to be sent to the email id of the AGENT__C.

Can anyone please tell me how to do this.

Thanks

Finney

• March 11, 2012

Hello Everyone,

I have a unique problem, my org has more then 100 testclasses and every deployment takes around ~1.5 hrs. The issue is at times we face a lot of "Too many SOQL's" error. When we try to run these testclasses in our sandbox they run fine, but only during the deployment they crop up.

We do take care of coding practises and make sure that there are no queries within the loops and as well as to limit the dml statements...

My question is what could be the possible root cause for this? Is there are standard way to streamline these many testclasses? or monitor there governor limit usage(i know we could find them in the debug logs) during run time?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Maverick

Hi All,

I need help with creating a custom link on user, which would copy over the existing user record's profile and role in a new page, where i would fill the rest of the details and save it to create a new user.

I tried using this link : /{!User.Id}/e?clone=1&retURL=%2F{!User.Id}&isdtp=mn

But this copies all the fields, whereas i need just the profile and role to copied over.

Please let me know.

Thanks