• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We would like to reset the entitlement countdown time when a case is set in status "On Hold" and then put in "In progress" again. Time should stop counting when put in "On Hold" and then restart when not "On Hold".

I have set up Milestones, entitlement process and entitlements that are linked to Accounts and cases. Everything works fine.

I think that it is the "Case enters the process" and "Case exits the process" that is the key to set this up?

Any ideas on how to configure those so that the process restarts on "On Hold" status change?

Hi,

When a case created with email-to-case is closed we would like o block the possibility to add new emails. If a new email arrives to that case it should create a new case instead of attaching oneself to the original case.

I am pretty shure I have seen discussions about this but I can't find them.

Any ideas?

Hi,

How do I find the history of owners for a Case?

I can see it in the "Case History" related list.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I need to get the Role of the owner of a case. The owner can be both a user and a Queue but I still need to get the Role. The Queue dont really have a Role, but you can set Queue Member as a role and I would need to get hold of that Queue Member Role.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Is there any way touse substring and/or regular expressions in SOQL Select statements? The query I would like to do is something like:

new List<Account>([SELECT Id, Store_ID__c FROM Account WHERE Website = :domain_query])

Where domain_query is a stripped version of the domain. ie: google.com would be google

The Website field should therefor be stripped from http://, the country suffix and possibly www if it is there. http://www.google.com -> google

I could use a LIKE comparison and then use a loop to check for equality but that isn't a nice solution...

Any ideas?

Hi,

Is there a way to have different colors for different rows in lists, depending on field values on the object?

example:

A list of cases with different priority. All rows with cases that have priority set to high have a red background.

Regards

/martin

Hi,

I have a list of cases and want to implement a "take next case" button.

Since there are several views using different queues and filters I need to get the current view query so that I can pick the first one.

I thought about doing this with a custom javascript button.

Any ideas??

Hi,

We have Email-To-Case and use the email list to send and recieve emails that are collected on that case. However I haven't found a way to send emails to someone that isn't a contact.

It is unfortunatly not an option to create a new contact for each new email.

How do I send emails from within salesforce to arbitrary addresses?

/regards

Martin

Hi,

I am making a javascript button that takes ownership of a case. There should be a question before ownership is taken that asks if you are sure that you want to do this.

"Button Click" -> popup with: Are you sure you want to take ownership (yes) / (no)

-> (Yes) takes ownership

-> (No) don't do anything.

The ownership change bit is no worries but the popup dialog I need help.

Anyone?

/regards

Martin

Hi,

I have the OwnerId of a Case and need to figure out if it is a Id of a user or Queue. I could do this with two select queries but would like to do it in just one.

How do I write that?

Hi,

I want to make a button that escalates a Case depending on what queue you have choosen from a picklist. I have only found a way to store the name of the queue in the picklist which so I need to translate the queue name to id in javascript.

Any clues on how to do that?¨

So far my code looks like...

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/20.0/connection.js")} 

var newRecords = [];

var c = new sforce.SObject("Case");
c.id ="{!Case.Id}";

var escalation = "{!Case.Escalation__c}";
var q = new sforce.SObject("Queue");
q.Name = escalation;

c.OwnerId = "q.Id";
newRecords.push(c);

result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords);

window.location.reload();

thanks

Martin

Hi,

I have set up On-Demand Email-To-Case which works fine. However I can't get the cases to escalate if not closed after a certain time.

Here is the set up:

Cases are created and placed in a queue. A time based workflow increases the priority to high after 1 hour, this works fine.

In escalations I have one rule and it is set to active.

In that rule I have one Entry with order 1 and criteria Case: Closed  equals  False. Ignore business hours, and time based on care creation.

In that entry I have one action: Escalate at 1 hour to queue 2 notify Me with email. Both notification templates are defined for email.

Are there any magic things that needs to be done? Any help appreciated.

regards

Martin

Hi,

On our Accounts we have a unique ID field that works as a unique identifier in other systems. When customers call the Customer Care and they create Cases this is what they supply as part of the identification process. This unique ID needs to be entered in the Case which should then link the case to the account and populate fields on the case with information from the account.

Any ideas on how to go about?

Hi,

I need to show the stage of the best opportunity on the related account.

I have done a similar thing with Expected Sign date like bellow.

Expected Sign date

Expected_Sign_date__cRoll-Up Summary (MIN Opportunity)

However a rollup summary is not available for the Stage variable. I recon because it is a list.

Do you have any ideas on how to get the opportunity stage with the highest opportunity probability to the account?

Hi,

I am looking for solutions on how to replicate and sync SF to a local database.

The three tools that I am considering are:

DB sync

Riptide

Relational Junction

What are your experience using any of these products?

Are there any other that I have missed?

They need to work with a postgreSQL database, two way sync, custom fields and objects, attachments.

All comments are appreciated.

Hi,

How do I find the history of owners for a Case?

I can see it in the "Case History" related list.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Is there any way touse substring and/or regular expressions in SOQL Select statements? The query I would like to do is something like:

new List<Account>([SELECT Id, Store_ID__c FROM Account WHERE Website = :domain_query])

Where domain_query is a stripped version of the domain. ie: google.com would be google

The Website field should therefor be stripped from http://, the country suffix and possibly www if it is there. http://www.google.com -> google

I could use a LIKE comparison and then use a loop to check for equality but that isn't a nice solution...

Any ideas?

Hi,

Is there a way to have different colors for different rows in lists, depending on field values on the object?

example:

A list of cases with different priority. All rows with cases that have priority set to high have a red background.

Regards

/martin

Hi,

We have Email-To-Case and use the email list to send and recieve emails that are collected on that case. However I haven't found a way to send emails to someone that isn't a contact.

It is unfortunatly not an option to create a new contact for each new email.

How do I send emails from within salesforce to arbitrary addresses?

/regards

Martin

Hi,

I have custom object called "Order" and "Oder Line Items". I wanted to have a "Clone" button on my page layout.

The button should work similar to standard clone button on Opportunity ie. while cloning my "Order"; i want it to ask me for Record Type and an option to clone with the "Order Line Items".

Is it possible using standard clone button. Also, anything needs to be done apart from adding "Clone" button page layout?

Hi,

I have the OwnerId of a Case and need to figure out if it is a Id of a user or Queue. I could do this with two select queries but would like to do it in just one.

How do I write that?

Hi,

I want to make a button that escalates a Case depending on what queue you have choosen from a picklist. I have only found a way to store the name of the queue in the picklist which so I need to translate the queue name to id in javascript.

Any clues on how to do that?¨

So far my code looks like...

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/20.0/connection.js")} 

var newRecords = [];

var c = new sforce.SObject("Case");
c.id ="{!Case.Id}";

var escalation = "{!Case.Escalation__c}";
var q = new sforce.SObject("Queue");
q.Name = escalation;

c.OwnerId = "q.Id";
newRecords.push(c);

result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords);

window.location.reload();

thanks

Martin

Hi,

I have set up On-Demand Email-To-Case which works fine. However I can't get the cases to escalate if not closed after a certain time.

Here is the set up:

Cases are created and placed in a queue. A time based workflow increases the priority to high after 1 hour, this works fine.

In escalations I have one rule and it is set to active.

In that rule I have one Entry with order 1 and criteria Case: Closed  equals  False. Ignore business hours, and time based on care creation.

In that entry I have one action: Escalate at 1 hour to queue 2 notify Me with email. Both notification templates are defined for email.

Are there any magic things that needs to be done? Any help appreciated.

regards

Martin

Hi,

On our Accounts we have a unique ID field that works as a unique identifier in other systems. When customers call the Customer Care and they create Cases this is what they supply as part of the identification process. This unique ID needs to be entered in the Case which should then link the case to the account and populate fields on the case with information from the account.

Any ideas on how to go about?