• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Using Apex code and Visual Force pages, I have been able to limit what fields on an account, contact, or opportunity that a user can see based on his role and the role of the owner of the record.

There is a loophole in that the users can create custom views, and then they can see the fields I am hiding from them on the Account,Contact, and Opportunity pages by including those fields in a custom view.

Is there a way to limit the fields displayed in a search result based on SF configuration, Apex code, or some combination of the two?

I want to create 1-way sharing relationships in Salesforce without using the hierarchy methodology. Here is an example.

I want sales managers in any given territory to have read-only rights for accounts owned by salespeople in all territories that are not his territory. 

If Julia, is the manager in the US territory, I want her to have view-only rights for accounts in the other territories and read/write rights for the accounts in the US territory.

Since I already have a hierarchy based on territory, I was under the impression that I could not create additional hierarchical structure(s) for sharing. Is that a correct assumption?

Additionally, there are other roles in our SF configuration that I do not want to be able to see the sales people's accounts at all, so I cannot simply set the sharing on accounts to "public".

Based on that information, it seems like I need to set up 1-way sharing between the salespeople of a specific territory and the sales managers of other territories. The issue is that sharing relationships bring about 2-way sharing. Also, we have too many employees to set up sharing rights manually for every account for every salesperson.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks,

I have a dispatch Apex class that needs to determine whether a user has read/write or read-only rights for a particular Contact.  I did some reading online and found this link : http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Testing_CRUD_and_FLS_Enforcement

and based on that information, I used the following code:

Boolean isReadWrite = Schema.sObjectType.Contact.fields.name.isUpdateable();

The parameter isReadWrite is always returning false, even when the user is the owner of the account.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Also, I need comparable functionality for Opportunities and Accounts, though I assume that all three use cases will follow the same general pattern.

<apex:detail subject="{!account.Id}" relatedList="true"/> includes edit and delete buttons, but there are times (based on the Shared Groups configuration) that I'd like to display all the details of an Account but only allow the user to read (but not modify) the data.

I have used a field set and a VF page to show a limited view of an account, but I'd rather not create field sets for every section of the account page when the one line of code mentioned above already encapsulates all those fields and displays them so easily.

Are there ways to lock down <apex:detail subject="{!account.Id}" relatedList="true"/> to read-only mode?

Thanks,

I have some custom fields. How do I display them in a page? Also, how do I set labels for them so that they appear in the same format as the fields being displayed from a Field Set?

Alternatively, is there a way to add custom fields to a Field Set?

When I define a field set for a contact, I want the OwnerID>FullName label to be "Owner Name" instead of  name when I display it on a page. Is there a way to change the label of a field when I define the Field Set? If not, how do I achieve that when I display the field on a SourceForge page?

Currently, I am displaying the Field Set using this methodology.

<APEX:REPEAT value="{!$ObjectType.Contact.FieldSets.Contact_Detail}" var="f">  
                <APEX:OUTPUTFIELD value="{!Contact[f]}">  
                </APEX:OUTPUTFIELD>
             </APEX:REPEAT>

I am creating a VisualForce page that displays a limited view of a Contact. I am using the call <apex:detail subject="{!contact.Id}" relatedList="false" title="true" /> , and this displays the Contact address, but I want to hide the Contact address.

Is there a way to display all fields of the Contact Detail except the address? Is there a way to set rendered="false" for a portion of the apex:detail (the address)?

I tried adding the following lines to the apex:page after the apex:detail mentioned above, but it had no impact on the display of the address.

<apex:detail subject="{!contact.MailingStreet}" rendered="false" />
      <apex:detail subject="{!contact.MailingCity}" rendered="false" />
      <apex:detail subject="{!contact.MailingState}" rendered="false" />
      <apex:detail subject="{!contact.MailingPostalCode}" rendered="false" />
      <apex:detail subject="{!contact.MailingCountry}" rendered="false" />

Thanks,

Using Apex code and Visual Force pages, I have been able to limit what fields on an account, contact, or opportunity that a user can see based on his role and the role of the owner of the record.

There is a loophole in that the users can create custom views, and then they can see the fields I am hiding from them on the Account,Contact, and Opportunity pages by including those fields in a custom view.

Is there a way to limit the fields displayed in a search result based on SF configuration, Apex code, or some combination of the two?

I have a dispatch Apex class that needs to determine whether a user has read/write or read-only rights for a particular Contact.  I did some reading online and found this link : http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Testing_CRUD_and_FLS_Enforcement

and based on that information, I used the following code:

Boolean isReadWrite = Schema.sObjectType.Contact.fields.name.isUpdateable();

The parameter isReadWrite is always returning false, even when the user is the owner of the account.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Also, I need comparable functionality for Opportunities and Accounts, though I assume that all three use cases will follow the same general pattern.

I am creating a VisualForce page that displays a limited view of a Contact. I am using the call <apex:detail subject="{!contact.Id}" relatedList="false" title="true" /> , and this displays the Contact address, but I want to hide the Contact address.

Is there a way to display all fields of the Contact Detail except the address? Is there a way to set rendered="false" for a portion of the apex:detail (the address)?

I tried adding the following lines to the apex:page after the apex:detail mentioned above, but it had no impact on the display of the address.

<apex:detail subject="{!contact.MailingStreet}" rendered="false" />
      <apex:detail subject="{!contact.MailingCity}" rendered="false" />
      <apex:detail subject="{!contact.MailingState}" rendered="false" />
      <apex:detail subject="{!contact.MailingPostalCode}" rendered="false" />
      <apex:detail subject="{!contact.MailingCountry}" rendered="false" />

Thanks,

How can I prevent user to create new list view ( Lead view )  , I have no set authorize for "Manage Public List Views" on user profile

Please suggest me what I can do that

• February 08, 2011