• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

The Chatter REST API gives me back the ID for objects and the URL of the REST endpoint for the object, but I would like to include, in my UI, links back to the original SalesForce pages for the object. 

I can do this for users by linking to instanceURL + UserID, which redirects me to <<instanceURL>>/_ui/core/userprofile/UserProfilePage for that user, which is perfect. 

But I’ve not found a way to use the information in the feed-item object to build up a URL for the single item view of the feed-item itself.  Any ideas?

• October 17, 2011

I would like to use the oAuth 1.0a flow with the REST API.  I'm able to get the access token, but from there I'm a bit stumped.  In the 2.0 flows, the instance_url is returned as part of the POST response from /services/oauth2/token.  Is there a separate call I can make to get this information after I've already completed the 1.0a flow?

I would appreciate any advice!

• July 07, 2011

The Chatter REST API gives me back the ID for objects and the URL of the REST endpoint for the object, but I would like to include, in my UI, links back to the original SalesForce pages for the object. 

I can do this for users by linking to instanceURL + UserID, which redirects me to <<instanceURL>>/_ui/core/userprofile/UserProfilePage for that user, which is perfect. 

But I’ve not found a way to use the information in the feed-item object to build up a URL for the single item view of the feed-item itself.  Any ideas?

• October 17, 2011

I would like to use the oAuth 1.0a flow with the REST API.  I'm able to get the access token, but from there I'm a bit stumped.  In the 2.0 flows, the instance_url is returned as part of the POST response from /services/oauth2/token.  Is there a separate call I can make to get this information after I've already completed the 1.0a flow?

I would appreciate any advice!

• July 07, 2011