• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are developing a complementary app for Salesforce.  It relies on the API, and as such will only work with EE and higher.

But, we've heard two bits of information that we can't get confirmed:

1.  PE users can get the API enabled (likely for a fee).  I'm talking about regular SFDC subscribers, not partners, here.

2.  Alternately, application developers like us can request an API Token, which will enable the application to work with PE.  We've received the token, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Can anyone offers us some information and/or clarification?

Thanks,

Steve Harding
Symphonic Source

I need to make an exact copy of a production org in a test org (sandbox is not an option).  I want to copy the custom fields, layouts, and all of the data with its various relationships (contacts to accounts, tasks, opportunities).

Is there a quick and easy way to do so?

My knowledge of Salesforce and Salesforce Admin is basic.

Thanks,
Steve Harding

I need to update a set of records with a new field.  I've run some tests with the Excel Connector and it worked fine.  Now that I have my data organized and ready to update, I am not able to get the Connector to work properly.  BTW, I am not particularly technical nor am I a developer.

Two Issues: 

1. Connector says "Account Name" is an invalid label.  This doesn't seem to be stopping the process, but it does show up.

2. On clicking to update I get the following error message:  "Salesforce Update()  invalid Range, missing data type, or other unknown error  Object required

In my past tests, I 've never had any problems.  Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hello,

Can you please explain what dupe catcher is? What are the uses ? Please give me a scenario

Can we upload a batch of loads and still make the dupe catcher working?

Help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Hi,

We have dupe catcher installed for our organization. I have batch loaded a list of leads using the import wizard. Dupecatcher did not stop the duplicate records from entering into salesforce. In appexchange I found that dupe catcher will not stop the duplicate records when a mass upload using data loader or import is done. What is the solution for me to upload a batch of loads and still want the dupe catcher working?

Thank You for your help in advance.

• February 18, 2013

We are developing a complementary app for Salesforce.  It relies on the API, and as such will only work with EE and higher.

But, we've heard two bits of information that we can't get confirmed:

1.  PE users can get the API enabled (likely for a fee).  I'm talking about regular SFDC subscribers, not partners, here.

2.  Alternately, application developers like us can request an API Token, which will enable the application to work with PE.  We've received the token, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Can anyone offers us some information and/or clarification?

Thanks,

Steve Harding
Symphonic Source

I need to make an exact copy of a production org in a test org (sandbox is not an option).  I want to copy the custom fields, layouts, and all of the data with its various relationships (contacts to accounts, tasks, opportunities).

Is there a quick and easy way to do so?

My knowledge of Salesforce and Salesforce Admin is basic.

Thanks,
Steve Harding