• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello Community - need some help to figure out a field entry.

How do I go abouts creating a required field with a picklist, that if/when the user choses "Other", it then sends them to another  text field to enter details of what that "Other" is?  This also to be required.

Actually, I already have the required field with picklist.  I just need to know how to do the rest.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance to all that post help/suggestions/comments.

:smileywink: 

• August 12, 2011

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the Boards, so please bare with me if any of this is "out of whack"

Am trying to insert a basic Age Formula onto a Leads Report, however any way I do it, I get a sytax error of 

"Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Field Status does not exist. Check spelling."

IF(ISPICKVAL({!Status} , "Open"), ROUND(NOW()-{!CreatedDate}, 0), NULL)

Even with this formula, I get:

ROUND( NOW() - {!CreatedDate}, 0)

"Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Field CreatedDate does not exist. Check spelling."

I'm actually just copying/using formulas posted by others as the function is basic and exactly what I want/need.  Again, apologies if some/all of it doesn't make sense, I'm new here - and not systems admin by any right other than, "You're in Charge of SFDC" by my upper managment.

Please help

Hello Community - need some help to figure out a field entry.

How do I go abouts creating a required field with a picklist, that if/when the user choses "Other", it then sends them to another  text field to enter details of what that "Other" is?  This also to be required.

Actually, I already have the required field with picklist.  I just need to know how to do the rest.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance to all that post help/suggestions/comments.

:smileywink: 

• August 12, 2011

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the Boards, so please bare with me if any of this is "out of whack"

Am trying to insert a basic Age Formula onto a Leads Report, however any way I do it, I get a sytax error of 

"Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Field Status does not exist. Check spelling."

IF(ISPICKVAL({!Status} , "Open"), ROUND(NOW()-{!CreatedDate}, 0), NULL)

Even with this formula, I get:

ROUND( NOW() - {!CreatedDate}, 0)

"Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Field CreatedDate does not exist. Check spelling."

I'm actually just copying/using formulas posted by others as the function is basic and exactly what I want/need.  Again, apologies if some/all of it doesn't make sense, I'm new here - and not systems admin by any right other than, "You're in Charge of SFDC" by my upper managment.

Please help