• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm building out a visual force page that collects the attachments from a case, stores them temporarily in a transient list of attachment objects, and then bundles them into a zip file by passing them into a javascript method using merge syntax.

My question is that once I have the file created where is it stored? Is there a specific location that transient files are stored, if so what is it? I need to know where they're going before I can initiate the download...

I'm trying to collect common fields from a webform in a cookie so that I can auto-fill them for my users when they visit our webform multiple times. For example if they've visited the page and filled out the form in the last 3 years I want it to auto-fill the First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone, and Extension fields for them. 

This page was previously written with Javascript, and I'd like to translate it into an apex controller instead.

My issue lies in that the values for cookies can only be set in constructors, I don't now how to collect the data after the page has been loaded and the constructor called.

I received some vague advice from a coworker about using page references but it didn't help much.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I've had to create a Visualforce Edit page for all Accounts. The Visualforce page has fields that render according to record type (i.e. render if Account is Person Account), this works fine when the Account already exists in Salesforce. When I go to create a new Person Account, Business Account fields, not Person Account fields, render on the Create New Edit page. Is this because the record has not yet been created in Salesforce? Is there any way to work around this issue? I figured it would work since before creating the record, I've already chosen the record type I'd like to be created. Do I need to create yet another custom Edit page to create a new Account? If so, how do I get the fields to render properly so I don't have users wondering why unecessary fields appear on the Create New page? Please let me know if you need more information from me.

Hi,

Could you please shed some light on calling a visual workflow on a VF Page?  Ideally I'm looking to add a button on the VF page to invoke the visual workflow.  Is there a way to call it like using a custom button by setting the content source = 'URL' and then just type in the URL of the flow, or would I have to write a controller and invoke the method there?

TIA

D

I'm building out a visual force page that collects the attachments from a case, stores them temporarily in a transient list of attachment objects, and then bundles them into a zip file by passing them into a javascript method using merge syntax.

My question is that once I have the file created where is it stored? Is there a specific location that transient files are stored, if so what is it? I need to know where they're going before I can initiate the download...

Hi,

I am getting a number of errors, which seemed to have just appeared out of know where:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, AutoCreateSA: execution of AfterInsert

caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, AutoCreateSI: execution of AfterInsert
caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, CreateQATCaseOnSA: execution of BeforeUpdate
caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject
Trigger.CreateQATCaseOnSA: line 6, column 19: []
Trigger.AutoCreateSI: line 23, column 13: []
Trigger.AutoCreateSA: line 53, column 13: []

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, AutoCreateSA: execution of AfterInsert
caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, AutoCreateSI: execution of AfterInsert
caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, CreateQATCaseOnSA: execution of BeforeUpdate
Trigger.AutoCreateSA: line 53, column 13: []

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, AutoCreateSI: execution of AfterInsert

I cant think for the life of me what has changed here to make this happen.

any guidence or advice would REALLY be appreciated.

I'm trying to collect common fields from a webform in a cookie so that I can auto-fill them for my users when they visit our webform multiple times. For example if they've visited the page and filled out the form in the last 3 years I want it to auto-fill the First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone, and Extension fields for them. 

This page was previously written with Javascript, and I'd like to translate it into an apex controller instead.

My issue lies in that the values for cookies can only be set in constructors, I don't now how to collect the data after the page has been loaded and the constructor called.

I received some vague advice from a coworker about using page references but it didn't help much.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I am developing a Salesforce Sites application that has a requirement for creating a cookie that will persist if the Browser is closed and reopened.  Using the APEX Cookies class it appears that only session cookies are created.  Is this true?  Is there a recommended work-around. 

Thank you!