• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Looking for SFDC Adminstrator in Duluth, GA with 5-6 years of SFDC Admin Experience.

Full Time

One Site

SFDC Admin Experince is a must

IT / Business Background

I am creating a custom like as a URL. When you click on it takes you to a different page outside of Salesforce.

The URL has a Username=XXXXXX and thats unique to each user.

In my Custom Link  I am puting in the URL={Field that has the XXXXXX} value that way it would combine it and make it a correct URL and take the user the location they need to be at. but its not working. I am not getting any syntax errors but when I got as a user and click on it its only taking the UrL not the Field with the value. How can I fix this?

• September 15, 2011

Hi everyone. I am trying to do this and I am half way there I think. I need my partner users to be able to have a link on the home page.

Do when they login to partner portal to can go to a different website, but the link has to be unique for each user.

Step 1-  I have created a few fields that combine a username and password and make a unique link for each user and that gets populated is also pulled into the user record.

Step 2. Created a Custom Link

Then I went to setupàcustomizeàHomeàcustom Linksà New link

Gave it name

Behavior – Display new window

Content Source URL

In the Formula I pulled the Field that I have created on the user profile with the unique URL.

Step 3 – Created new custom component

Then I went to Home page components create a new Custom Component,

Gave it name and Type – Links à 2. New custom components selected the custom link that I created in step 2 and clicked save.

Step 4. I made the new custom components visible on the home page layout for the portal users.

Then went to test it and the link is there but does not work. Its just a blank page trying display something but nothing is coming on the page.

Any feedback and ideas….. Thank you.

• September 15, 2011

On my accounts at this time  my sales users rate their accounts from 1 to 5 from a giving pick list.

What I want to do is instead of the numbers when selected I want it to show Starts . 1 start or two starts and so forth....

How can I do this?

• September 08, 2011

I am trying to write a formula In my account page I have a field for # of years in Business. This number needs to change every year. Once my users put this number in once. I would like this number to change each year. To solve this problem I am asking my users to put in the year the business started and then I created a read only field for current year. Then I created a formual field that would calculate the number of year "Current Year - Year the business started" this would give me a number. but its not giving me this error Error: Incorrect parameter for operator '-'. Expected Number, Date, DateTime, received Text when I try to put the formual. Can you please help or have anyother ideas? Thank you, Manisha

Hi Everyone, I am looking for some help with my partner Portal development.
What I would like to do is in my partner portal on the main home page post Updates/announcement on one of the components of the page. I was able to create a custom component (HTML) and put in the Wide (Right) Column, but its showing up on the Left/Narrow at the bottom of the main page. Anyone have ideas on how I can fix this?

When I look at a folder with list of reports I want to be able to see them all on the page. How can change the defualt number that is today.

I have reports that I have created and I am making them visible in my partner portal. When the partner protal users see the list of reports in a given folder they see the these headings and I want to change that can I change this?

Action/Report Name/Discription/modified by/modified date ( I only want Report Name and Discription) the other fields I don't want to see on the list. What the best way to do this?

Hi,

I have a custom object named "Inventory" and then I have a custom field name "Invoice" which is a URL field.

What I want to do is post a link in that field that will go to the document that is attached to the inventory record.

I don't want my end users to see the link I want them to see just the name of the file. How can I do this?

Thank you for your help.

Manisha

Looking for SFDC Adminstrator in Duluth, GA with 5-6 years of SFDC Admin Experience.

Full Time

One Site

SFDC Admin Experince is a must

IT / Business Background

I am creating a custom like as a URL. When you click on it takes you to a different page outside of Salesforce.

The URL has a Username=XXXXXX and thats unique to each user.

In my Custom Link  I am puting in the URL={Field that has the XXXXXX} value that way it would combine it and make it a correct URL and take the user the location they need to be at. but its not working. I am not getting any syntax errors but when I got as a user and click on it its only taking the UrL not the Field with the value. How can I fix this?

• September 15, 2011

On my accounts at this time  my sales users rate their accounts from 1 to 5 from a giving pick list.

What I want to do is instead of the numbers when selected I want it to show Starts . 1 start or two starts and so forth....

How can I do this?

• September 08, 2011

I am trying to write a formula In my account page I have a field for # of years in Business. This number needs to change every year. Once my users put this number in once. I would like this number to change each year. To solve this problem I am asking my users to put in the year the business started and then I created a read only field for current year. Then I created a formual field that would calculate the number of year "Current Year - Year the business started" this would give me a number. but its not giving me this error Error: Incorrect parameter for operator '-'. Expected Number, Date, DateTime, received Text when I try to put the formual. Can you please help or have anyother ideas? Thank you, Manisha

When I look at a folder with list of reports I want to be able to see them all on the page. How can change the defualt number that is today.

Hi,

I have a custom object named "Inventory" and then I have a custom field name "Invoice" which is a URL field.

What I want to do is post a link in that field that will go to the document that is attached to the inventory record.

I don't want my end users to see the link I want them to see just the name of the file. How can I do this?

Thank you for your help.

Manisha

I am having trouble displaying a simple hyperlink.  I have a custom object called "someobject".  it has a field called "some_url" of type Formula.  The formula is below.

HYPERLINK('http://www.google.com', 'google' , '_blank')

the field outputs "Text".

So i have a custom controller/visualforce page for someobject.  It has a public member var with an instance of someobject that gets referenced all over the page with no problems.  I try to add this:

<apex:outputText value="{!someobject.some_url__c}" />

hoping to see a hyperlink that says "google".  Instead I get nothing.

Can someone lead me on the path here?  Much thanks.