• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there everyone!

I need some help constructing a formula for my "Close Date' field on my opportunities. It seems like a fairly simple concept, however I can not wrap my brain around the right function!

Here is what I would like to do...

If the "Close Date" is changed to "Closed Won" than the value should equal "Today"
If the "Close Date" is changed to "Closed  Lost" than the value should equal "Today"
If the "Close Date" is changed to "Closed Terminated" than the value should equal "Today"
If the stage is not new, or any other stage than the value should not change.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Thanks!

• January 31, 2012

I have two standard objects that I need to write code for in order to achieve my desired results.

What I have is a field called "Status" on my accoutn object, it has four different picklist values "active, inactive, prospecting and terminated". I would like these pick list values to be auto-generated off of my Opportunity object "stages". For example if there is one "closed won" opportunity than the Account status should read "Active". 

The problem I am having is with the prospecting client status. I need a code written that says that if the opportunity stage is not set to "closed won, closed  terminated, or closed lost" than the client status should be prospecting. I'm not too familiar with writing code. Any suggestions?

• August 10, 2011