• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi guys, 

Here is the scenario, and sorry if it doesnt make complete sense......I find it hard to explain: 

I have 4 objects. Object B is a child of A (Master Detail). Object C and D are children of B (also Master Detail)

So it looks something like this: 

A

B

C             D

Now, I want to have a tickbox in A , which once ticked, will block editing and creation of new entries in B and C, BUT, not D.

How is this possible?

Is there another way that I must take the problem? My implementation thus far was to creat validation rules in B and C. Once I set a validation rule in C only, it will allow for creation of B entries, and once I set a validation rule in B, it will block creation of D. 

Appreciate the help! 

Stadler

Hi Guys,

I got the following to work: 

<apex:OutputText value="{!IF(account.Use_Standard_WTC_Trading_Services__c,account.Standard_WTC_Account_Services_Provided__c,account.Services_Rendered_by_WTC__c)}"/>

The problem is that the text on the VF page, once display shows up all weird wiht <BR> and other items appearing in the text.

Can anyone explain how I can show the rich text fields properly? 

I tried the following 

<apex:OutputText value="{!IF(account.Use_Standard_WTC_Trading_Services__c,<apex:OutputText value="{!account.Standard_WTC_Account_Services_Provided__c"/>,<apex:OutputText value="{!account.Services_Rendered_by_WTC__c"/>)}"/>  but i seem to be getting an error the whole time!!! :(((

appreciate the help

Stadler

Hi guys,

Weird issue - I recently updated my custom object "View" with a new tabbedaccount view. The code is below. As you will see, inlineedit has been enabled...but it seems as though I cant edit the fields by double clicking on them?? and when I revert back to the standard view it works again! (i.e. not updated by a VF page)

I checked the USer Interface settings, and I checked the profile setup to ensure that the application tickbox is disabled......so what's causing this? Is this a bug with Salesforce?

Thanks a mil

Stadler 

<apex:page standardController="Trading_Contract__c" showHeader="true">
<style>
.activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white; background-image:none}
.inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none}
</style>

<apex:tabPanel tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab"
switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails" id="AccountTabPanel">
<apex:tab label="Main Contract Details" name="contractDetails" id="tabdetails">
<apex:detail inlineedit="true" relatedList="false" title="true"/></apex:tab>
 <apex:tab label="Intermediary Agreements" name="intermediaryagreements" id="intermediaryagreements">
<apex:relatedList list="TC_Intermediatries__r" />
</apex:tab>

<apex:tab label="Related Shipments" name="shipments" id="shipments">
<apex:relatedList list="TC_SH__r" />
 <apex:tab label="Related Certificate Trades" name="certificatetrades" id="certificatetrades">
<apex:relatedList list="cert_trading_related_to_contract__r" />
<apex:tab label="Related Letter of Credits" name="contractletterofcredits" id="contractletterofcredits">
<apex:relatedList list="Letter_of_Credits__r" />

<apex:tab label="Open Activities" name="OpenActivities" id="tabOpenAct">
<apex:relatedList subject="{!Trading_Contract__c}" list="OpenActivities" />
<apex:tab label="Activity History" name="activityHistory" id="tabAH">
<apex:relatedList list="ActivityHistories" />
 <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt">
<apex:relatedList subject="{!Trading_Contract__c}" list="NotesAndAttachments" />
</apex:tabPanel>

</apex:page>

Hi guys,

Im having trouble with something. I created a new custom object called "Bank Account", and created a lookup toi account. Therefore, one account can have many bacnk accounts. 

Then, in another object, called "Trading Contracts" , I look up the Account with its Bank account (a filtered lookup rule) 

The problem that I have is the following: 

For some reason, the lookup to the accounts bank accounts doesnt give me the list of existing bank accounts!!!! Each time they click look up, it just comes up with blank values! 

Please let me know if there is a way around this - do I have my sharing or security settings wrong? 

Thanks 

Stadler

Hi guys, 

I created a visual force page that replaces view of a custom object. I now have tabs ....

My question is the following:

Lets say I have a custom object called X. How can I get a tab to display the "Event History" tab of this object ? I want to be able to view the field changes - which is in that related list? 

Thanks a mil

Stadler

PS: The code for my view update is as follow:

<style>
</style>

<apex:tab label="Intermediary Agreements" name="intermediaryagreements" id="intermediaryagreements">

<apex:tab label="Related Certificate Trades" name="certificatetrades" id="certificatetrades">
<apex:tab label="Related Letter of Credits" name="contractletterofcredits" id="contractletterofcredits">

<apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt">
<apex:relatedList subject="{!Trading_Contract__c}" list="NotesAndAttachments" />

<!--<apex:tab label="TC_Intermediatries" name="TC_Intermediatries__r" id="tabIntAgmts">
<apex:relatedList subject="{!Trading_Contract__c.TC_Intermediatries__r}" list="IntermediaryAgreements" />
</apex:tab>-->

Hi Guys,

I created a notification page for each other that they must read every time they log in. What I did, is create a visual force page, attached it to a custom VF tab and then set the tab as the default landing page for each user that logs in. 

Instead of doing the above, where I will now have an unnecessary "Terms and Conditions" tab, is there another way that I can set this up? 

Much appreciated 

Regards

Stadler

Hi Guys,

I created a notification page for each other that they must read every time they log in. What I did, is create a visual force page, attached it to a custom VF tab and then set the tab as the default landing page for each user that logs in. 

Instead of doing the above, where I will now have an unnecessary "Terms and Conditions" tab, is there another way that I can set this up? 

Much appreciated 

Regards

Stadler

Hi guys,

I recently updates some tabbed views with a visual force page (using tabbed accounts). I can now see, for the custom objects the following tabs:

Details

Open Activities

Activity History

Notes and Attachment

The code looks like this :

<apex:tab label="Main Warehouse Details" name="contractDetails" id="tabdetails">

<apex:relatedList subject="{!Warehouse__c}" list="OpenActivities" />

<apex:relatedList subject="{!Warehouse__c}" list="NotesAndAttachments" />

Im trying to add an Event History tab to this list above.  Do you perhaps know how to do that?

I have created a visual force page with the following code:

<apex:page showHeader="false"  sidebar="false" standardStylesheets="true"  setup="true"> <body onload="popup();">

<br/><br/> 

</body>

<script language="javascript">

function popup()

{

var Terms_and_conditions=" Give your terms and conditions"; var HomePage=confirm(Terms_and_conditions);

if (HomePage==true)

{

window.location = "/home/home.jsp";

return true;

}

else

{

window.location = "/secur/logout.jsp";

return false;

}

}

</script>

Is it possible to make it:

1. Look more user friendly?

2. I had to create a custom tab , and then link the above mentioned VF page to it. Then I set the custom tab as the default landing page.  Is it possible for me to set it so that there is no tab, but the popup still appears upon login?

3. Lastly, can I do development so that the login pop up terms and conditions screen appears only for the first login?

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to figure something out.

I created a flow form or process with the flow desktop designer, and posted it on a new Salesforce site. So therefore , my flow is now pubicly available and allows for people to register and pay for events through my flow application

Can i change the layout of the question forms? I.e., can i change the background color, change the distances between input fields, change the font of the questions? If possible, then how do I do it?

This is extremely important and I have to get this solved.....

Thanks a mil

Stadler

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to extract custom object information into excel? 

For example: 

I have a custom object called "event" and hooked another custom object to that called "event registration orders". Hooked to the event registration orders are the connection with contacts and accounts. Can I list all event registration orders into excel, whilst showing what event has been registered for, who the person is that registered (contact), and to what account they belong?

Help would be much appreciated!

Regards

Stadler 

Hi everyone, 

I have the following scenario:

I created a flow that i placed on a public SF site. Basically, It allows for people to select an event and then register for it. "Event" being a custom object. They can register as Exhibitors, 3 Day Attendants and / or Full Weekly attendants, and each time a registration is made, an "event registration order" (custom object) is created, which will link up the type of attendants they are registering as with the event they are registering for. Basically my Salesforce relationship modeling is working solidly .  

The next step is the following:

I have to, once the registration (and order has been made. send them to a payment portal that we built in-house. The problem that I have, is that I want to direct them to our portal, but also send information regarding that order (cost, reference etc) to that site as well, so that the person that built the portal can do the processing. 

Once the customer has paid successfully (at our payment portal) , I want to re-direct them to the second flow that I created, which will check the incoming variable references, and change the order  status to "Paid". 

Question:

Firstly, I know about the "Finishing" flow function, that will redirect the flow to a url, but how can I make that dynamic so that it will for each flow add variable data to an url? I.e. it must build a url dynamically and then redirect it to that url? The payment portal must be able to receive values so that it can send a response to another flow once the payment is successfull. 

Secondly, i know that you can, within salesforce, do calls to flow and put incoming variables in the call (for example) /flow/flowname/?variable1="value"?variable2name="value"

BUT how do you do the call when the (called) flow is now placed in a VF page, on a site? For example,   www.url.com/registration is the url, do i now do it like previously and just go www.url.com/registration?variable1="value:" - will that work?

Really would appreciate the help

Regards,

Stadler van Zyl (new to SF)

Hi everyone, 

I have the following scenario:

I created a flow that i placed on a public SF site. Basically, It allows for people to select an event and then register for it. "Event" being a custom object. They can register as Exhibitors, 3 Day Attendants and / or Full Weekly attendants, and each time a registration is made, an "event registration order" (custom object) is created, which will link up the type of attendants they are registering as with the event they are registering for. Basically my Salesforce relationship modeling is working solidly .  

The next step is the following:

I have to, once the registration (and order has been made. send them to a payment portal that we built in-house. The problem that I have, is that I want to direct them to our portal, but also send information regarding that order (cost, reference etc) to that site as well, so that the person that built the portal can do the processing. 

Once the customer has paid successfully (at our payment portal) , I want to re-direct them to the second flow that I created, which will check the incoming variable references, and change the order  status to "Paid". 

Question:

Firstly, I know about the "Finishing" flow function, that will redirect the flow to a url, but how can I make that dynamic so that it will for each flow add variable data to an url? I.e. it must build a url dynamically and then redirect it to that url? The payment portal must be able to receive values so that it can send a response to another flow once the payment is successfull. 

Secondly, i know that you can, within salesforce, do calls to flow and put incoming variables in the call (for example) /flow/flowname/?variable1="value"?variable2name="value"

BUT how do you do the call when the (called) flow is now placed in a VF page, on a site? For example,   www.url.com/registration is the url, do i now do it like previously and just go www.url.com/registration?variable1="value:" - will that work?

Really would appreciate the help

Regards,

Stadler van Zyl (new to SF)

Hi Everyone, Have just been watching the Visual Flow Webinaar on the link below: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo2CAk8lCDg&feature=player_embedded , Can someone please tell me if it's possible to implement the flow "implementation" or "process" on a page that is available on an independent website? For example: Our website will be www.website.com, and I would like a lead form with the flow implementation placed on our domain at www.website.com/registration_form. Is this possible?? Thanks a mil, Regards, Stadler

Hi Everyone, 

Have just been watching the Visual Flow Webinaar on the link below:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo2CAk8lCDg&feature=player_embedded , 

Can  someone please tell me if it's possible to implement the flow "implementation" or "process" on a page that is available on an independent website?

For example:

Our website will be www.website.com, and I would like a lead form with the flow implementation placed on our domain at www.website.com/registration_form.

Is this possible??

Thanks a mil,

Regards, 

Stadler  

Hi Everyone,, 

I'm trying to remove a lead record type that's not used any longer...but I seem to be encountering the following error:

"This record type RVP cannot be deleted because the following profiles use this record type as default. External Who"  

Can anyone PLEASE explain to me why this is the case? I don't have a profile called "External Who"!!! Thanks so much for the help! 

Regards, 

Studzey

Hi everyone! 

I was wondering. We are a company that require people to submit their information and then we have to follow up and validate the information provided. It would make  life WAY easier if we can actually also upload some documents that substantiate the information provided by the customers...

Is this functionality provided / possible?

Thanks a mil......

Hi guys, I have 3 lead forms that I created. Lead form 1, 2 and 3. For each lead created when the form is created, I would want to set a conversion rule. For instance, if Lead form 1 is converted, I want account type 1 created. 

What is the best way to go about creating this?

Thanks

Stadler

Hi Guys,  

I'm kind of new to Salesforce.

I have managed to produce the following, which works well, apart from the fact that the sorting is not happening:

<Div id="Childs1"><apex:pageBlock >

<apex:pageBlockTable rendered="true"

value="{!Trading_Contract__c.TC_SH__r}"

var="child1" width="100%">  

<apex:column value="{!child1.Shipment_Ref__c}"/>    

<apex:column headerValue="Date">   

<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyy-MM}">

<apex:param value="{!child1.Date__c}" />

</apex:outputText>

</apex:column>

<apex:column value="{!child1.Bulk_Quantity__c}"/>  

<apex:column value="{!child1.Destination_Port_Place__c}"/> 

</apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock>

</Div> 

Trading_Contract__c is a costom object, linked to TC_SH__r which is another custom "Shipments" object.  

What is the best way to sort the above pageblock table??? I would really appreciate the help! 

Thanks

• September 29, 2011

Hi Guys, 

I'm kind of new to Salesforce. I have managed to produce the following, which works well, apart from the fact that the sorting is not happening:

<Div id="Childs1">

<apex:pageBlock > 

<apex:pageBlockTable rendered="true" value="{!Trading_Contract__c.TC_SH__r}" var="child1" width="100%"> 

<apex:column value="{!child1.Shipment_Ref__c}"/>    <apex:column headerValue="Date">   

<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyy-MM}"> <apex:param value="{!child1.Date__c}" />

</apex:outputText>

</apex:column>

<apex:column value="{!child1.Bulk_Quantity__c}"/>   

<apex:column value="{!child1.Destination_Port_Place__c}"/> 

</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlock>

</Div>

Trading_Contract__c is must costom object, linked to TC_SH__r which is another custom "Shipments" object. 

What is the best way to sort the above pageblock table???

I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks

Stadler - Admin

• September 29, 2011
Hi guys, 

Here is the scenario, and sorry if it doesnt make complete sense......I find it hard to explain: 

I have 4 objects. Object B is a child of A (Master Detail). Object C and D are children of B (also Master Detail)

So it looks something like this: 

A

B

C             D

Now, I want to have a tickbox in A , which once ticked, will block editing and creation of new entries in B and C, BUT, not D.

How is this possible?

Is there another way that I must take the problem? My implementation thus far was to creat validation rules in B and C. Once I set a validation rule in C only, it will allow for creation of B entries, and once I set a validation rule in B, it will block creation of D. 

Appreciate the help! 

Stadler

Hi Guys,

I got the following to work: 

<apex:OutputText value="{!IF(account.Use_Standard_WTC_Trading_Services__c,account.Standard_WTC_Account_Services_Provided__c,account.Services_Rendered_by_WTC__c)}"/>

The problem is that the text on the VF page, once display shows up all weird wiht <BR> and other items appearing in the text.

Can anyone explain how I can show the rich text fields properly? 

I tried the following 

<apex:OutputText value="{!IF(account.Use_Standard_WTC_Trading_Services__c,<apex:OutputText value="{!account.Standard_WTC_Account_Services_Provided__c"/>,<apex:OutputText value="{!account.Services_Rendered_by_WTC__c"/>)}"/>  but i seem to be getting an error the whole time!!! :(((

appreciate the help

Stadler

Hi guys,

Weird issue - I recently updated my custom object "View" with a new tabbedaccount view. The code is below. As you will see, inlineedit has been enabled...but it seems as though I cant edit the fields by double clicking on them?? and when I revert back to the standard view it works again! (i.e. not updated by a VF page)

I checked the USer Interface settings, and I checked the profile setup to ensure that the application tickbox is disabled......so what's causing this? Is this a bug with Salesforce?

Thanks a mil

Stadler 

<style>
</style>

Hi guys, 

I created a visual force page that replaces view of a custom object. I now have tabs ....

Lets say I have a custom object called X. How can I get a tab to display the "Event History" tab of this object ? I want to be able to view the field changes - which is in that related list? 

Thanks a mil

Stadler

PS: The code for my view update is as follow:

<style>
</style>

<!--<apex:tab label="TC_Intermediatries" name="TC_Intermediatries__r" id="tabIntAgmts">
<apex:relatedList subject="{!Trading_Contract__c.TC_Intermediatries__r}" list="IntermediaryAgreements" />
</apex:tab>-->

Hi Guys,

Much appreciated 

Regards

Stadler