• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello All,

In the Customer portal detail page you can define the "Email Notification Settings" for individual portals:

New User Template

New Password Template

Lost Password Template

You can also define the Default "Email Notification Settings" which you can find under Setup > Your Name > Customize > Customer Portal > Settings > Tools. These Default "Email Notification Settings" can be used across all portals.

In my example, we only have one portal, so we don't need the Defaults. However even though my "Email Notification Settings" are defined within the individual Customer Portal detail page, it is still reverting to the Default notifications.

I guess I am not fully understanding the difference between the two. How do I know when the default notifications are being used and when the individual notifications are being used?

Thanks

• December 16, 2011

Hello all, when adding a new user there is a checkbox for Salesfroce CRM Content User:

This checkbox gives the users permission to contribute documents to whichever library they have authoring privileges. We are running out of these licenses and we wanted to run a report to find all the users who have this checkbox checked.This field is not avialable as a filter in Salesforce Reports.

According to Salesforce documentation and other posts, this doesn't seem possible.

Anybody have any solutions or suggestions? We need to quickly access the 800 something users we have given this permission to so we can verfiy whether or not they actually need it. Thanks!

• November 14, 2011

Hello All,

We are using the Salesforce "out-of-the-box" customer portal. We are in the process of customizing it a bit more by putting in our own Header and overriding some CSS. The only issue we are having is when you upload the header file, it then of course removes the whole default header. Well when you log in as a portal user as an Admin you see this in the header:

Salesforce gives you the code to put back in the "Logout" link but we want kep the "Logged in as" message. Is the code to generate this message documented anywhere? Obviously this code contains logic that checks if you are logging in as a normal user or an Admin viewing the users permission and it also tests if you are in sanbox or not.

Any help would be truly appreciate. Thanks.

Matt King

• November 02, 2011

Hello,

I have read that one of the ways to customize parts of the customer portals is to overwrite the CSS.

How do you achieve this? Where do I go to overwrite the CSS? I am extremely comfortable with web technologies like HTML and CSS but I am new to the Salesforce platform and I am not sure where to start this "overriding" process. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• September 08, 2011

Hello,

The company I work for has been utilizing the built in Customer Portal for the last few years. This means they are using out of the box templates and we don't have much creative control over the portal. I was told that in order to customize the portal however we want we have to pair it with Force.com sites. I have walked through this tutorial:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Authenticating_Users_on_Force.com_Sites

But I am still not seeing how to fully convert an already exsiting Customer Portal to a Force.com site where we will have creative control using Visual Force. Also I was informed that by doing this we will loose a lot of the built in permissions that we have setup in Profiles. For example if we have Profile A that can only see the tab "Solutions" but then Profile B can see tabs "Solutions and Ideas", I would have to recreate this using Apex if I want to completely restructure the site using Visual Force.

To put this in a nutshell I am not looking to take a public Force.com Site and add a level of authentication, I am looking to take a Customer Portal and completely take control of the creative/design so we can brand the look and feel. However this is done, I want to do it. However I was told Force.com sites is the way to do this. And if it can be done how does it affect existing Profiles?

Could anyone steer me in the right direction? Or is there anyone who has ever taken an existing Customer Portal and full customized it? How did you do it? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

• September 07, 2011

Hello all, when adding a new user there is a checkbox for Salesfroce CRM Content User:

This checkbox gives the users permission to contribute documents to whichever library they have authoring privileges. We are running out of these licenses and we wanted to run a report to find all the users who have this checkbox checked.This field is not avialable as a filter in Salesforce Reports.

According to Salesforce documentation and other posts, this doesn't seem possible.

Anybody have any solutions or suggestions? We need to quickly access the 800 something users we have given this permission to so we can verfiy whether or not they actually need it. Thanks!

• November 14, 2011

Hello,

I have read that one of the ways to customize parts of the customer portals is to overwrite the CSS.

How do you achieve this? Where do I go to overwrite the CSS? I am extremely comfortable with web technologies like HTML and CSS but I am new to the Salesforce platform and I am not sure where to start this "overriding" process. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• September 08, 2011

Hello,

The company I work for has been utilizing the built in Customer Portal for the last few years. This means they are using out of the box templates and we don't have much creative control over the portal. I was told that in order to customize the portal however we want we have to pair it with Force.com sites. I have walked through this tutorial:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Authenticating_Users_on_Force.com_Sites

But I am still not seeing how to fully convert an already exsiting Customer Portal to a Force.com site where we will have creative control using Visual Force. Also I was informed that by doing this we will loose a lot of the built in permissions that we have setup in Profiles. For example if we have Profile A that can only see the tab "Solutions" but then Profile B can see tabs "Solutions and Ideas", I would have to recreate this using Apex if I want to completely restructure the site using Visual Force.

To put this in a nutshell I am not looking to take a public Force.com Site and add a level of authentication, I am looking to take a Customer Portal and completely take control of the creative/design so we can brand the look and feel. However this is done, I want to do it. However I was told Force.com sites is the way to do this. And if it can be done how does it affect existing Profiles?

Could anyone steer me in the right direction? Or is there anyone who has ever taken an existing Customer Portal and full customized it? How did you do it? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

• September 07, 2011