• Freelancer - Salesforce Consultant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hell Team,
I have "Product Type" Multi-Picklist field on Opportunity Object. Have another OpportunityProduct__c Custom Child object of Opportunity where i am creating "Product Type" using Text Formula field but i am getting error while accessing parent Opportunity objects Product Type Multi-Picklist field.

TEXT(Opportunity.Product_Type__c)

ERROR : Field Product_Type__c is a multi-select picklist field. Multi-select picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.

Please help me to reslove this error.

Hell Guys, 

I use "with sharing" keyword with class where i added @RemoteAction method but it not enforcing permissions, means it retriving all records rather than the user have access only records in query written inside the class method.

Thanks in Advance,
Ketan Solanki
Hi Team,

I am facing issue in Apex class. i have one class where i am updating custom Quote object field and then i am passing Object Id to other class where i quering recoid using ID but i am not getting updated value its retriving old value.

Can anybody tell, what causes this issue ?? why updated value not reflected in another apex class ??

Thanks in Advance,

Hi is there anyway to export into excel ".xlsx" extension using visualforce page.

I am using contentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel#MyFile.xlsx" but gives en error while opening a file.

Excel cannot open the file 'MyFile.xlsx' becuase the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.

Please suggest me on this.

Thanks,

I have added visualfore page to export into pdf my content is exported to pdf working fine but the checkbox not exported into PDF.

Visualforce Page code :

<apex:page showHeader="false" renderAs="PDF" cache="true" controller="GeneratesPdfController" >

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />

<style type="text/css">
@page{
size:A4 portrait;

@bottom-right {
content: "Page " counter(page) " - " counter(pages);
font-family: 'Arial', 'Helvetica', sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
}
}
</style>
</head>
<apex:form>

My Checkbox : <input type="checkbox" name="mycheckbox" value="val1" checked="true" />

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

I got only My Checkbox : text in PDF but checkbox not shown on PDF with checked

Please help me on this.

Hello, I have Created One Custom Button in Opportunity Object this button call the Web Service and sendig information to external resource. But while on click button it running the proccess if any usr click more time it creating duplicate information on Remote machine which is wrong to the User.

If anybody have idea to disable this button while web service code is in progress once the proccessing is over i need to enable that button so user can't able to click the button while it is in proceess.

Thanks in advance.

I have configure "Salesforce for Outllook" for one User in Production. And Install the  "Salesforce for Outlook" Version 2.2.3 in his machine he is using Outlook Vesion 2010. When that user open his outllook he dident able to see the "Salesforce Side Panel" control. When we have configure first the same configuration in sandbox and i have tested in my machine with simmilar configuration i am able to get the "Salesforce Side Panel"

One more thing when i look the Outlook Add-Ins i diden't get "Salesforce Side Panel" option nither in Enable nor in Disable option list. Only found the "Salesforce Toolbar Option is available in that Add-Ins option list.

Now i am really frustrated to this as we have tested in sandbox with similar configuration we are getting everything and now in prduction we are not getting the "Salesforce Side Panel" option in outlook to our User.

Please, anybody help me on this. If i miss anything or need some configuration or any access issue.

i have one Notes Rich Text Area field on Opportunity. While i am entering some text copied from word or email dody.i am getting some weird characters like

Ã?Â

Â 

This characters creates probelm to show this opportunity data to my superior why this characters are comming into the the text content enered by me.

Please help me to remove this characters from rich text area fields.

I have created Notes field with Rich Text Area(32768) on Opportunity object when i store notes related to that opportunity with formatted text while i export using reports i am not getting it with its formatting.

for example i have added Notes like below.

1. Sample header
    • sample text line 1
    • sample text line 2

And i am getting in exported report like.

Sample header sample text line 1 sample text line 2

Please suggest me If there is any option available in salesforce to get same rich text formatted data on exported reports as we have entered in rich text area field.

I have one approval proccess which based on entry criteria it assign to user say ABCD.but if the user ABCD user want to assign this approval to other say XYZ user. and i have one text field on object in which i have to store info that the re assignment is happend.

so, is there any way that we can update the field when the approval reassignment is happend

Hello i want to use formula field in ISCHANGED() in Workflow rule criteria but i get error like bellow.

Formula :

IF( AND ( Risk_Rating__c = 'D' , Total_AR__c > 0 ,  ISCHANGED( Oldest_Due_Date__c ) , true, false) )

Note : here Oldest_Due_Date__c is formula field with Date return type.

Error: Function ISCHANGED may not be used in this type of formula

I have two object(Parent-Child)

Parent Object==>> Course__c

Field Label Data Type

Name                             Text(80)

NoOfSubject                  Number(3, 0)
Type                                Picklist

Child Object==>> Subject__c

Field Label Data Type

Course                           Master-Detail(Course)
Marks                              Number(3, 0)
Description                    Text(255)

Now , I need to write a nested query like below but didn't success.

List<Course__c> courseList;

courseList = [ SELECT Id,Name,Number_Of_Subjects__c,Type__c,( SELECT Id,Name,Marks__c,Type__c FROM Course__r.Subject__c ) FROM Course__c ];

Error:

Compile Error: Didn't understand relationship 'Course__r' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 7 column 22

Please, help me to write SOQL query for this parent child relationship. 

Hi all,

I have one Visual Force page to send email with attachment. this page display the list of Transactions( custom object with 10 to 12 columns) i can select 1 to 200 Transaction on this page and by clicking the  "send" button , email is send to the Owner of that's transactions Master Account owner email address. i have also one section on this page to use attachment with this email.while i am sending email with 4.2 MB files and selecting 100 transaction i get error like the bellow screen.

Maximum view state size limit (135KB) exceeded.Actual view state size for this page was 157.031KB.

If i am attaching file with less then 1 MB, it will send email successfully.

My question is that is attachment file is also calculated on view state of that page. if not that what is the reason behind this error.

Please, help me on this.

I have one field with name "Note" having Long Text Area(32768)" data type on Transaction custom object. i have created button on this object to update this value append the text with previous one.this field store the value as Last Modified User Name and Date.

For Example : Note ==> Last Modified By XYZ on 06/21/2012

The date displayed in this field is fixed in ( MM/DD/YYYY) format but i want to display date format as per User local. means if User local is "English (United Kingdom)" then date value shoud be in DD/MM/YYYY. ex Note ==> Last Modified By XYZ on 21/06/2012

Please , anybody help me to write the code which is dynamic to display date format as per User Local in Visualforce page. 

I have two object Account and Transaction.they have Master - Child relationship.hear Account is Master object while deleting account i am receving the bellow error.

Cascade deleting too many records: occurring when cascading to Transaction records.

Please, help me anybody.....

Can anybody help me to how can i change my force.com community name displayed to all users.

i have already change my user name but i not reflect to the name diaplyed in Discussiom Board.

Please help me.

I have Trigger on Before Insert event Dummy Transaction object which creating list of Transaction object after processing the all Dummy Transaction.

dut to large data load into the Dummy Transaction object i am getting "System.LimitException: Apex heap size too large:" error at the line where i am inserting the list of transaction object. there is also After Insert trigger on Transaction object so when large list is inserted i am getting this error.

like :

INSERT txList;

txList is list of Transaction object which is created from the Dummy Transaction trigger.

Is there any way so we can split list into several list and then Insert the list one by one.so the error is not generated.

What is the limit of Heap Size memory in Trgger code ?

I have written a Trigger on DummyTransaction object where i am creating list of Transaction object and Insert that list after all dummy transaction's are processed on by one in enhance for loop.

I have also trigger on Transaction object which is Inserting Contact list after processing all transactions in enhance for loop. i have large amount of Dummy Transaction load using the dataloader.

I got this error

DummyTransactionInsertUpdate: execution of BeforeInsert 

caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, ManageContactsOnTransaction: execution of AfterInsert 

caused by: System.LimitException: Apex heap size too large: 7522771 

External entry point: [] 

Trigger.DummyTransactionInsertUpdate: line 274, column 1

the 274 line of trigger is ==> insert listTx;this is a List of Transaction object which object have ManageContactsOnTransaction Before insert trigger.

The DummyTransactionInsertUpdate is BEFOR INSERT  Trigger creating list of Transaction object and INSERT that list at the end of trigger.

The ManageContactsOnTransaction is AFTER INSERT Trigger which is creating list of Contact object and INSERT that list , this Trgger is generating the error.

Please, anybody help me how i will resolve this issue...

What is the limit of Heap Size memory in Trgger code ?

I am using google visualization api to draw column chart on apex page but, in controller i am getting error

public with sharing class GoogleColumnChartController {

public List<Account> accList { get; set; }

public GoogleColumnChartController(){
accList = [ SELECT Id,Name,Total_Sales__c,Total_Expense__c FROM Account ];

}

public String getSalesData(){
GoogleViz gv = new GoogleViz();

gv.cols = new list<GoogleViz.col> {
new GoogleViz.Col('col1','Year','Year'),
new GoogleViz.Col('col2', 'Salse','Sales'),
new GoogleViz.Col('col3','Expense','Expense')
};

for ( Account acc : accList ){

GoogleViz.row r = new GoogleViz.row();

r.cells.add ( new GoogleViz.cell(acc.Total_Sales__c) );
r.cells.add ( new GoogleViz.cell(acc.Total_Expense__c) );
}

return gv.toJsonString();
}

please , help me why error come at GoogleViz line i have see many examples on devloperforce using this class object.

but i am getting this error which decrease my interust to use the Visulization api.

anything need to use this GoogleViz in apex class if any then please assist me....

Hell Team,
I have "Product Type" Multi-Picklist field on Opportunity Object. Have another OpportunityProduct__c Custom Child object of Opportunity where i am creating "Product Type" using Text Formula field but i am getting error while accessing parent Opportunity objects Product Type Multi-Picklist field.

TEXT(Opportunity.Product_Type__c)

ERROR : Field Product_Type__c is a multi-select picklist field. Multi-select picklist fields are only supported in certain functions.

Please help me to reslove this error.

Hell Guys, 

I use "with sharing" keyword with class where i added @RemoteAction method but it not enforcing permissions, means it retriving all records rather than the user have access only records in query written inside the class method.

Thanks in Advance,
Ketan Solanki
Hi Team,

I am facing issue in Apex class. i have one class where i am updating custom Quote object field and then i am passing Object Id to other class where i quering recoid using ID but i am not getting updated value its retriving old value.

Can anybody tell, what causes this issue ?? why updated value not reflected in another apex class ??

Thanks in Advance,

Hi is there anyway to export into excel ".xlsx" extension using visualforce page.

I am using contentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel#MyFile.xlsx" but gives en error while opening a file.

Excel cannot open the file 'MyFile.xlsx' becuase the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.

Please suggest me on this.

Thanks,

I have added visualfore page to export into pdf my content is exported to pdf working fine but the checkbox not exported into PDF.

Visualforce Page code :

<apex:page showHeader="false" renderAs="PDF" cache="true" controller="GeneratesPdfController" >

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />

<style type="text/css">
@page{
size:A4 portrait;

@bottom-right {
content: "Page " counter(page) " - " counter(pages);
font-family: 'Arial', 'Helvetica', sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
}
}
</style>
</head>
<apex:form>

My Checkbox : <input type="checkbox" name="mycheckbox" value="val1" checked="true" />

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

I got only My Checkbox : text in PDF but checkbox not shown on PDF with checked

Please help me on this.

Hello, I have Created One Custom Button in Opportunity Object this button call the Web Service and sendig information to external resource. But while on click button it running the proccess if any usr click more time it creating duplicate information on Remote machine which is wrong to the User.

If anybody have idea to disable this button while web service code is in progress once the proccessing is over i need to enable that button so user can't able to click the button while it is in proceess.

Thanks in advance.

I have configure "Salesforce for Outllook" for one User in Production. And Install the  "Salesforce for Outlook" Version 2.2.3 in his machine he is using Outlook Vesion 2010. When that user open his outllook he dident able to see the "Salesforce Side Panel" control. When we have configure first the same configuration in sandbox and i have tested in my machine with simmilar configuration i am able to get the "Salesforce Side Panel"

One more thing when i look the Outlook Add-Ins i diden't get "Salesforce Side Panel" option nither in Enable nor in Disable option list. Only found the "Salesforce Toolbar Option is available in that Add-Ins option list.

Now i am really frustrated to this as we have tested in sandbox with similar configuration we are getting everything and now in prduction we are not getting the "Salesforce Side Panel" option in outlook to our User.

Please, anybody help me on this. If i miss anything or need some configuration or any access issue.

Hello i want to use formula field in ISCHANGED() in Workflow rule criteria but i get error like bellow.

Formula :

IF( AND ( Risk_Rating__c = 'D' , Total_AR__c > 0 ,  ISCHANGED( Oldest_Due_Date__c ) , true, false) )

Note : here Oldest_Due_Date__c is formula field with Date return type.

Error: Function ISCHANGED may not be used in this type of formula

I have two object(Parent-Child)

Parent Object==>> Course__c

Field Label Data Type

NoOfSubject                  Number(3, 0)
Type                                Picklist

Child Object==>> Subject__c

Field Label Data Type

Course                           Master-Detail(Course)
Marks                              Number(3, 0)
Description                    Text(255)

Now , I need to write a nested query like below but didn't success.

List<Course__c> courseList;

courseList = [ SELECT Id,Name,Number_Of_Subjects__c,Type__c,( SELECT Id,Name,Marks__c,Type__c FROM Course__r.Subject__c ) FROM Course__c ];

Error:

Compile Error: Didn't understand relationship 'Course__r' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 7 column 22

Please, help me to write SOQL query for this parent child relationship. 

Can anybody help me to how can i change my force.com community name displayed to all users.

i have already change my user name but i not reflect to the name diaplyed in Discussiom Board.

Please help me.

I am using google visualization api to draw column chart on apex page but, in controller i am getting error

public with sharing class GoogleColumnChartController {

public List<Account> accList { get; set; }

public GoogleColumnChartController(){
accList = [ SELECT Id,Name,Total_Sales__c,Total_Expense__c FROM Account ];

}

public String getSalesData(){
GoogleViz gv = new GoogleViz();

gv.cols = new list<GoogleViz.col> {
new GoogleViz.Col('col1','Year','Year'),
new GoogleViz.Col('col2', 'Salse','Sales'),
new GoogleViz.Col('col3','Expense','Expense')
};

for ( Account acc : accList ){

GoogleViz.row r = new GoogleViz.row();

r.cells.add ( new GoogleViz.cell(acc.Total_Sales__c) );
r.cells.add ( new GoogleViz.cell(acc.Total_Expense__c) );
}

return gv.toJsonString();
}

please , help me why error come at GoogleViz line i have see many examples on devloperforce using this class object.

but i am getting this error which decrease my interust to use the Visulization api.

anything need to use this GoogleViz in apex class if any then please assist me....

I have written a Controller class

public with sharing class SampleTxController {
public List<Transaction__c> trxList{get;set;}

public SampleTxController(){
        trxList = [ SELECT Id,Name,Amount__c,Balance__c,Insert_Date__c,Business_Unit__c FROM Transaction__c LIMIT 999 ];
    }
}

also have Visual force page to display transaction records 

<apex:pageblock id="PBId" >
<table >
    <apex:repeat value="{!trxList}" var="tx">
        <tr>
             <td> <apex:outputlabel value="{!tx.Name}" /> </td>
             <td> <apex:outputlabel value="{!tx.Amount__c}" /> </td>
       </tr>
</apex:repeat>
</table>
</apex:pageblock>

My Question is that i want to display each and every field dynamically for each transaction then what i should do ?

for each field i am using <apex:outputlabel value="{!tx.fieldName}" /> which feasible way to include each and every field with outputlabel.

if i have selected 100 of fields then i have to add all 100 fields in outputlabel.

please help me if anyone have solution to solve this.