• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anyone auto generated opportunity line items from a custom field in Opportunity.

Ex. Custom Field in Opportunity is linearfeet__c ; want to automatically insert 5 different product line items that are standard and use linearfeet__c in the quantity calculation?

I am working off of http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2009/02/13/enhancing-the-lead-convert-process-in-salesforce/ as a starting point but lost.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Matt

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could have a third party update a field inside opoprtunity called Shipping Quote?

We send an email to Shpping Carrier via a button. I attempted to figure out how to use the inbound email service and parse the reply email's body, and then update, but I don't know how to code it using sobjects or what not.

Is there another simple way?

Thanks for any help!!

matt

Hopefully someone will be able to help me/suggest a solution, been banging my head for a while now. I am a newbie for apex coding (which is probably reason for banging).

I  have an auto-send email to 1 particular vendor with Subject showing "Opp Name" and "Opp Custom ID Field", vendor replies back with Pricing & His Quote ID. Need to be able to capture"ABF Pricing : $xyz" & "ABF Quote ID : 123456" from reply email and update Opp Name with information. Obviously can't guarantee he words his email exactly the same each time. How would someone suggest being able to capture the info. I started to setup incoming email services but get lost for the APEX class on how I can capture the data right each time. Would it be better to have fields inside email (don't know how to do that either) or send an attachment with auto email, and then some how capture info from the attachment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Matt

Has anyone auto generated opportunity line items from a custom field in Opportunity.

Ex. Custom Field in Opportunity is linearfeet__c ; want to automatically insert 5 different product line items that are standard and use linearfeet__c in the quantity calculation?

I am working off of http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2009/02/13/enhancing-the-lead-convert-process-in-salesforce/ as a starting point but lost.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Matt