• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I know with a custom VF pages you can add the notes and attachments related list, but has anyone added a VF section into a standard page layout that acts like an additional notes and attachments?  I have someone who wants a 2nd notes and attachments, but doing a whole VF page is not really the best move since they have numerous layouts for different users and often make changes.

Basically just a VF section with an upload button and it provides a list of items uploaded on the page.

Thanks

I am running into an issue which I don't recall encournting before.  

I am doing some profile extracts through Ant to migrate them to another environment, but the profile output is not capturing tab visibility for Hidden tabs.  Any tabs marked as Default On or Default Off are displayed in the XML, but nothing for Hidden.  The issue then is what when I load these in the new org, all those which should be Hidden are Default On.  

In my package.xml I reference all my tabs, so no clue why those marked as Hidden in the org aren't showing up in the XML.  

Anyone have any ideas?  It's making profile migration almost impossible since I need to mark everything as Hidden again.

I am facing a very strange issue.  I am trying to do an extract from my org and I keep getting a Java.IO error in ant.  Saying the filename, directory, or syntax are incorrect.

When I do an extract from a different org...no issues.  Build Successful.

I can't see how the org would have any bearing on this 

Any ideas?

Does anyone know if custom  tabs from a managed package can be pulled into the .profiles?  When I connect with Eclipse I can get the .profiles with all the field level security and standard tab visibility, but nothing for the custom tabs.  I can see the custom tabs under the Tabs folder in the managed package, but .profiles are in SRC folder.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Hi All - I am currently working with the FinancialForce PSA application for SFDC.  On the contacts page it has a checkbox that indicates someones rate is a daily rate rather than hourly (for salaried  resources).  When I create a new timecard, it also has this checkbox but it doesn't bring it over to the timecard.  Most people won't check that manually so I am tryinig to write a trigger that will basically check the box automatically when a salaried employee makes a new timecard. 

Any ideas on how to do this?  I can provide field names if that helps at all.

Thanks

Hi All,

I am very very new to salesforce so pardon my ignorance is this is an easy one.  I downloaded Eclipse today and was able to connect to a few different salesforce environments for training and dev purposes.  The problem is that when I try to view profiles through Eclipse, it basically tells me nothing.  The XML has only 1 line.  I have attached a screenshot below.

Basically I am hoping to migrate profiles from one org to another, but from some videos I saw, I should be seeing much more detail in the XML.

FYI I do have an account assigned to System Administrator role.

Profile XML

I am facing a very strange issue.  I am trying to do an extract from my org and I keep getting a Java.IO error in ant.  Saying the filename, directory, or syntax are incorrect.

When I do an extract from a different org...no issues.  Build Successful.

I can't see how the org would have any bearing on this 

Any ideas?

Does anyone know if custom  tabs from a managed package can be pulled into the .profiles?  When I connect with Eclipse I can get the .profiles with all the field level security and standard tab visibility, but nothing for the custom tabs.  I can see the custom tabs under the Tabs folder in the managed package, but .profiles are in SRC folder.

Thanks in advance.

Steve