• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are trying to build a solution for our custom API integration to pull in the current API count / limit in order to throttle our API calls to our SFDC account and avoid hitting our limit.

I found this on stackoverflow, but it doesn't look like we can retrieve this data via the API.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9221170/retrieve-salesforce-daily-api-requests-limit/9222517#9222517

Would it be possible to build a custom object and VFP to read the data from the setup page into a VFP then write the value to a custom object / field for API access?  Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks!

As I understand it, Native apps are built exclusively via metadata configuration ... without the need for external services or infrastructure.  However isn't it true that there are some services/partners that are "whitelisted" in a way that you can still integrate to via API and be considered "Native".

Google Apps 

Amazon S3 & EC2

Facebook

Is this true?  Does anyone know if there are any others?

Thank you.

So, I'm struggling with the syntax of a formula to create some buckets or groups.

When the value of a text field contains, X, Y, Z, etc., return X, Y, Z, etc. 

Field - Plan Group:

Formula(theoretical):

Case( Plan_Name__c,
Contains(Plan_Name__c, "X"), "X",
Contains(Plan_Name__c, "Y"), "Y",

Does anyone know a clean way to write this into a formula? I have about 6-7 groups that I am trying to create.

So, I'm struggling with the syntax of a formula to create some buckets or groups.

When the value of a text field contains, X, Y, Z, etc., return X, Y, Z, etc. 

Field - Plan Group:

Formula(theoretical):

Case( Plan_Name__c,
Contains(Plan_Name__c, "X"), "X",
Contains(Plan_Name__c, "Y"), "Y",

Does anyone know a clean way to write this into a formula? I have about 6-7 groups that I am trying to create.

I haven't done much with custom S-Controls, so if someone is willing to provide some example code for how to do this, I'd really appreciate it.

Basically, I'm running into the issue outlined in the thread Time-Based Workflow Rules on Leads Preventing Lead Conversion --  so I want to create a button override that sets a variable (ConvertMe = true), then converts the lead as usual.

How would I do this?

I can get a custom button to convert a lead when I use this simple HTML code:

/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL=/{!Lead.Id}&id={!Lead.Id}

But how do I first set the variable? I've tried a number of different functions and OnClick JavaScripts I've found in these discussion boards, but haven't had any luck yet.

Any suggestions? It doesn't seem like this should be that complicated, but I'm obviously missing something. :)

Thanks!

• January 28, 2009
Hi,

Here's my situation. I'm working on an application in a developer organization. I've created an extra user for the end user of the application I've created so I can get feedback from the end user as I'm developing the application. I would like to write test cases with users that are created with DML as was recommend and demoed at dreamforce. The problem is that the developer organization has a limit of 2 user licenses. That's fine, so I thought I'll just delete the users in the test method and create new generic ones and at the end of the tests everything would roll back. Unfortunately I received the error that DML is not allowed on the user object. Is there anyway around this?

Thanks!
Scott