• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

Does anybody know how to post a chatter FeedItem object from a Site as Guest user? Guest user doesn't have write access to Chatter object and there is no configuration in Salesforce to allow it. Is there any design pattern / solution / workaround to this problem? The easiest way would be to use some kind of System.runAs() method to run my code as system admin, but unfortunately Saleforce supports that only in test methods :-/

Thanks in advance for any advice ,

Jan

• September 22, 2011

Hello,

Does anybody know how to post a chatter FeedItem object from a Site as Guest user? Guest user doesn't have write access to Chatter object and there is no configuration in Salesforce to allow it. Is there any design pattern / solution / workaround to this problem? The easiest way would be to use some kind of System.runAs() method to run my code as system admin, but unfortunately Saleforce supports that only in test methods :-/

Thanks in advance for any advice ,

Jan

• September 22, 2011
Does anyone have experience trying this? I'm building a page in force.com sites. Basically another tool will make an anonymous http POST call to this page to update a specific users chatter feed.

TIA,
Daniel