• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've been round-and-round with this one.  All I'm trying to do is create an AccountTeamMember object and then use sforceService.create() to add it.   I can do it if I don't set AccountAccessLevel = "Edit".  If I don't, AccountAccessLevel is set by default to "Read". The problem is, I want AccountAccessLevel to be "Edit".  If I set AccountAccessLevel = "Edit", then when I execute the create() method the following exception is thrown:

Unable to create/update fields: AccountAccessLevel. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile.

I've tried everything to remedy this situation, including setting the API user to the top role of the company (CEO), making the API user the owner of the account, checking every capability in the API user's profile, and creating account sharing rules.  Nothing makes a difference.  In fact, I can log in as the API user and create AccountTeamMembers with "Edit" access at Salesforce.com-- just not with the API. 

Has anyone been able to do this?  Please help.

• September 29, 2011

I've been round-and-round with this one.  All I'm trying to do is create an AccountTeamMember object and then use sforceService.create() to add it.   I can do it if I don't set AccountAccessLevel = "Edit".  If I don't, AccountAccessLevel is set by default to "Read". The problem is, I want AccountAccessLevel to be "Edit".  If I set AccountAccessLevel = "Edit", then when I execute the create() method the following exception is thrown:

Unable to create/update fields: AccountAccessLevel. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile.

I've tried everything to remedy this situation, including setting the API user to the top role of the company (CEO), making the API user the owner of the account, checking every capability in the API user's profile, and creating account sharing rules.  Nothing makes a difference.  In fact, I can log in as the API user and create AccountTeamMembers with "Edit" access at Salesforce.com-- just not with the API. 

Has anyone been able to do this?  Please help.

• September 29, 2011