• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a managed application with custom objects.  Is it possible to programatically enable feed tracking through apex for my custom object? Thanks in advance.

• March 08, 2012

I have a controller extension that I'm using to populate a selectList.  I have two categories of information that I'd like users to be able to select from so I'm trying to create an indented type of look on the SelectList:

Type 1

Select 1

Select 2

Type 2

Select 1

Select 2

I can't seem to find a way to get any blank space to be maintained on the VF page I've tried among other things setting the style on the selectlist to style="white-space:pre;" and embedding non-breaking space in my selectoption string but that doesn't work - Options.add(new SelectOption(1, '  Select 1'));

Any Suggestions? 

• January 19, 2012

I have a pageblock table populated by a wrapper class from a custom controller.  I have a column that has a commandbutton that I need to be able to have the user click and populate the rest of the inputtext values in the row.  For example, if the user enters a value in the first column after the command button I need to default all the inputtext values in that row to the first value.   I have a hidden field where I can keep the row value so I know which row to update that seems to work fine.   I've tried the following options using both commandlink and commandbutton components.

1.  Use the action attribute of the command button/link to pass apex:param values to a controller method but the value entered by the user is not yet available.  

2.  Use the onclick event of the command button/link to call a javascript function to get the user entered value by using document.getElementById and then calling the function via apex:actionFunction.  Not sure why but the method specified in the action attribute of the apex:actionFunction never fires when done this way. 

Does anyone know of a better/easier way to allow the user to click a command button/link in a row and assign the value the user entered in the first inputtext column to the rest of the inputtext values in the row?  I believe the crux of the issue is getting the user entered value to the controller.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• December 19, 2011

Attempting to build an interface similar in functionality to adding filter criteria that is available in reporting.  Add field and enter criteria, ability to check off pick list items, And/Or capabilities etc.  Has anyone seen something like this implemented that can point me in a direction? Thanks in advance.

• October 04, 2011

I have a controller extension that I'm using to populate a selectList.  I have two categories of information that I'd like users to be able to select from so I'm trying to create an indented type of look on the SelectList:

Type 1

Select 1

Select 2

Type 2

Select 1

Select 2

I can't seem to find a way to get any blank space to be maintained on the VF page I've tried among other things setting the style on the selectlist to style="white-space:pre;" and embedding non-breaking space in my selectoption string but that doesn't work - Options.add(new SelectOption(1, '  Select 1'));

Any Suggestions? 

• January 19, 2012

I have a pageblock table populated by a wrapper class from a custom controller.  I have a column that has a commandbutton that I need to be able to have the user click and populate the rest of the inputtext values in the row.  For example, if the user enters a value in the first column after the command button I need to default all the inputtext values in that row to the first value.   I have a hidden field where I can keep the row value so I know which row to update that seems to work fine.   I've tried the following options using both commandlink and commandbutton components.

1.  Use the action attribute of the command button/link to pass apex:param values to a controller method but the value entered by the user is not yet available.  

2.  Use the onclick event of the command button/link to call a javascript function to get the user entered value by using document.getElementById and then calling the function via apex:actionFunction.  Not sure why but the method specified in the action attribute of the apex:actionFunction never fires when done this way. 

Does anyone know of a better/easier way to allow the user to click a command button/link in a row and assign the value the user entered in the first inputtext column to the rest of the inputtext values in the row?  I believe the crux of the issue is getting the user entered value to the controller.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• December 19, 2011