• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

In my apex page I have a link which on click will show a popup. Once I get the popup, I just went to another browser and came back to this browser. Then the apex page got refreshed and the popup disappeared.

How to make the page not to refresh when the user switches the browser?

• April 12, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to download a pdf report and able to do that using renderAs pdf in <apex:page>.

However, in the pdf downloaded some of the content in a line which goes beyond the pdf page length is missing.

I tried by including the word-break and break-wrod css styles for the content and still I am unable to resolve the issue.

Could anyone help me regarding this.

• April 05, 2012

Hi All,

I am encountering the following error while accessing different pages in my application.

An internal server error has occured.

Is this a known issue in salesforce or is this something to be fixed in visulaforce code?

Can any one please advise on how to resolve this  issue.

• April 02, 2012

We are developing an application having different privileges and access for User and Admin portals.

The operations the admin performed requiring multiple REST callouts to the backend. Since we use SSL connections for the callouts to protect the REST calls and also enforce SSL client authentication to ensure the call is legit, we would like to be able to reuse the SSL connections for more than a single REST callouts. (This is because the establishing of new SSL connection just for a single REST callout is too costly.) This is nothing different from say a browser use age, say a browser opens a security connection to a web site, it does not terminate the SSL connection to the same service for just making one callout but reuses it over a period of time before it terminates the connection either through idle time out or the user logout from the browser.

What we would like to see is if we can have similar SSL connection reuse patterns in the Apex framework, for example, avoiding the “exit” after the first call?

Could anyone please help on this.

Thanks in advance.

• March 07, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to post saml assertion to GoogleApps using HttpRequest from Apex class.

I am able to post the saml assertion and login successfully using a sample html page. But when I try to do the same from an Apex class I am getting the following error:

This account cannot be accessed because we could not parse the login request.

Can anyone Please help on this? Also Is there any way I can trace out what are the values that are being posted to googleapps account from apex class?

• December 07, 2011

Hi,

I am displaying a list of images and some corresponding image data using <apex:repeat> on my page. On click of a particular block (image and corresponding data) i need to pass some parameters and redirect to another page.

I am using the actionSupport tag to invoke a method on click of the block and passing parameters to the controller. 

However, I should keep the rerender in actionSupport tag to pass the parameters as it is not working if I miss the rerender.

So , how can I redirect to the new page after assigning the parameters ?

• November 30, 2011

Hi,

I am making a REST Service call from my apex class which returns the data in xml format.

I want the data to be in json format instead of xml.

Is there any way to get the data as json by specifying any property or something?

• November 29, 2011

Hi,

How can I get the list of available users, user roles and salesforce user attributes in my apex class?

• November 28, 2011

Hi,

I want to store a list of valueobjects in a session and retrieve the values from session whenever required.

For this, one way I found is, using the same controller for all the pages wherever I require the data.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Also Can I sort the valueobjects based on name in apex class?

• November 28, 2011

Hi,

I have a requirement to redirect to a third party url on click of  a submit button. I added the third party url to the Remote Site Settings and invkoing a method on click of 'submit' button.

When I click on the button it is redirecting to the same page with response as 'System.HttpResponse[Status=Moved Temporarily, StatusCode=302]'

Could any one suggest how to resolve this.

• November 11, 2011

Hi,

I upload a new package (unmanaged package) and got the installer url for that. My package consists of an app having two tabs. One tab should be visible to only System Administrator and the other one should be visible to only standard user. I set the tab visibility settings to 'default on' accordingly for the two tabs and able to achieve this in salesforce account in which I uploaded the package.

But when I installed that package in another account both the standard user and system adminstrator are able to view both tabs.

Can anyone please help me in guiding how to create tabs and app such that one tab is visible to System administrator and another tab to standard user even after installing the package in another account.

• November 02, 2011

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Visualforce. I am trying yo create different tabs having 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons.

I am able to use those buttons to navigate to previous and next tabs. But, however if there is some select options as checkboxes in the tab and if I select one or more checkboxes then these buttons are not working.

Couldn't fidn any way to resolve this. Can anyone please suggest me in this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

eswari.

• October 27, 2011

Hi,

I need to have multiple columns along with multiple rows in a select list.  Each select option should contain an image and name.

Could anyone please help me on how to acheive this..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

eswari

• October 27, 2011

Hi,

I want to display a list of items in carousel view.

I tried in html and was able to do that using jquery java scripts and styles. (http://sorgalla.com/projects/jcarousel/#Examples)

Could any one please explain me how can we develop a carousel view using apex.

Thanks in advanvce.

• October 10, 2011

Hi,

In my apex page I have a link which on click will show a popup. Once I get the popup, I just went to another browser and came back to this browser. Then the apex page got refreshed and the popup disappeared.

How to make the page not to refresh when the user switches the browser?

• April 12, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to download a pdf report and able to do that using renderAs pdf in <apex:page>.

However, in the pdf downloaded some of the content in a line which goes beyond the pdf page length is missing.

I tried by including the word-break and break-wrod css styles for the content and still I am unable to resolve the issue.

Could anyone help me regarding this.

• April 05, 2012

Hi,

I am displaying a list of images and some corresponding image data using <apex:repeat> on my page. On click of a particular block (image and corresponding data) i need to pass some parameters and redirect to another page.

I am using the actionSupport tag to invoke a method on click of the block and passing parameters to the controller. 

However, I should keep the rerender in actionSupport tag to pass the parameters as it is not working if I miss the rerender.

So , how can I redirect to the new page after assigning the parameters ?

• November 30, 2011

Hi,

How can I get the list of available users, user roles and salesforce user attributes in my apex class?

• November 28, 2011

Hi,

I want to store a list of valueobjects in a session and retrieve the values from session whenever required.

For this, one way I found is, using the same controller for all the pages wherever I require the data.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Also Can I sort the valueobjects based on name in apex class?

• November 28, 2011

Hi,

I have a requirement to redirect to a third party url on click of  a submit button. I added the third party url to the Remote Site Settings and invkoing a method on click of 'submit' button.

When I click on the button it is redirecting to the same page with response as 'System.HttpResponse[Status=Moved Temporarily, StatusCode=302]'

Could any one suggest how to resolve this.

• November 11, 2011

Hi All,

Please help me with the below:

In java, we can get the text values from the properties file.

In the same way, is there any way of getting values from the properties file and print those values

using <apex:outputLabel> instead of hardcoding the text in the apex page ?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am a newbie in VF. The requirement is to select category, then render subcategory, based on subcategory selected render Zip codes. We are using different objeccts and getting the data as query. Read in VF guide that we cant render the pageblocksectionitem, so put it under output pannel. Data should be shown as links. Pls help me identfying the problem:

<apex:pageblocksection >

<apex:pageblocksectionItem >            

<b>Select categories::</b>               

<apex:repeat value="{!categories}" var="cat" id="theRepeat1">             

<apex:commandLink id="catlist"  value="{!cat.name}" rerender="subcat1">                         

<apex:param name="selectedcat" value="{!cat.name}" assignTo="{!selectedcat}"/>             

</apex:commandLink>             

<apex:outputText >&nbsp;||&nbsp;</apex:outputText>               

</apex:repeat> </apex:pageblocksectionItem></apex:pageblocksection>

<br></br>
<apex:pageblocksection ><apex:pageBlockSectionItem >

<apex:outputPanel id="subcat1">     

<b>Sub-categories:</b>               

<apex:repeat value="{!subcategories}" var="subcat" id="theRepeat2">               

<apex:commandLink id="subcatlist" value="{!subcat.name}" rerender="zip1" >                  

<apex:param name="selectedsubcat" value="{!subcat.name}" assignTo="{!selectedsubcat}"/>                </apex:commandlink>               

<apex:outputText >&nbsp;||&nbsp;</apex:outputText>             

</apex:repeat>               

</apex:outputPanel></apex:pageBlockSectionItem>                </apex:pageblocksection>

and similar for Zip codes...

Thanks in advance for your help

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Visualforce. I am trying yo create different tabs having 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons.

I am able to use those buttons to navigate to previous and next tabs. But, however if there is some select options as checkboxes in the tab and if I select one or more checkboxes then these buttons are not working.

Couldn't fidn any way to resolve this. Can anyone please suggest me in this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

eswari.

• October 27, 2011

Hi,

I need to have multiple columns along with multiple rows in a select list.  Each select option should contain an image and name.

Could anyone please help me on how to acheive this..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

eswari

• October 27, 2011

Hi,

I want to display a list of items in carousel view.

I tried in html and was able to do that using jquery java scripts and styles. (http://sorgalla.com/projects/jcarousel/#Examples)

Could any one please explain me how can we develop a carousel view using apex.

Thanks in advanvce.

• October 10, 2011