• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Any pointers on how to make it required to have at least one value in the competitor related list on close lost/close won of an Opportunity?  This is not available in the standard validation on the Opp since I can't get to the Competitor fields.  Any thoughts or code you have written for something similar?

• October 16, 2012

I would like to map our Lead Description field to the Opp and Account description field, or at least one of them. Is this possible? I don't see a way to do this via the admin UI. Will that require a trigger? If it requires a trigger, anyone have something I can borrow?  Any help is appreciated.  Still not sure why we can only map custom fields on conversion.

• January 26, 2012

We are using the Partner related list on the Opportunity due to its relationship flexibility.  This isn't available on the Leads object so we created a custom lookup field on Account labeled Partner.  When we convert the lead we would like this account to be inserted into the partner relationship table as a partner role.  I confirmed this isn't possible through mapping.  At worst I was trying to add a validation that a Partner must be added to the related list if the Opp type = Partner but it isn't available in the validation.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitch

• November 04, 2011

Trying to deploy a change set with a trigger and test class.  I successfuly deployed one earlier this week but now with a new trigger I get:

TestSalesRegionUpdate.testSalesRegionUpdate() Class 13 15 Failure Message: "System.QueryException: List has more than 1 row for assignment to SObject", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.TestSalesRegionUpdate.testSalesRegionUpdate: line 13, column 15 External entry point"

It is referencing the existing test class, not the new one I'm trying upload.  Is there a conflict with multiple test classes?  Any info on what this erro usually means?

• October 28, 2011

Trying to set a custom sales region field with the owner's sales region defined in the user object.  I was hoping to use the formula field to do this but apparently I can't link the Owner from Opportunity to the User object there.  Here is what I have so far and I know I am way off.  Any help is appreciated.

trigger myAccountTrigger on Account (after insert, after update) {  
if (Trigger.isInsert) { 
// 
}  
if (Trigger.isUpdate) { 
        for(Opportunity o: Trigger.new){
            region = [select User.Sales_Region_c from User where User.ID = OwnerID]
            Sales_Region__c = region
      } 

}

• October 17, 2011

Sales has requested we send an email notification to the partner whenever the lead status changes to "Partner Assigned".  Should this be done as an email alert?  The partner field will be a custom field lookup against the accounts since partners are an account.  Do I need to kick off the alert with a workflow process?  How do I get the email to go to the email address associated with the partner account when the email will be stored in the account, not on the lead?  Also, they may just want to add a custom button that shoots the email to the partner email address regardless of the status in the dropdown.  Can I accomplish the email notification without the button through workflow?  Thanks.

• October 10, 2011

Any pointers on how to make it required to have at least one value in the competitor related list on close lost/close won of an Opportunity?  This is not available in the standard validation on the Opp since I can't get to the Competitor fields.  Any thoughts or code you have written for something similar?

• October 16, 2012

• October 16, 2012

Trying to deploy a change set with a trigger and test class.  I successfuly deployed one earlier this week but now with a new trigger I get:

TestSalesRegionUpdate.testSalesRegionUpdate() Class 13 15 Failure Message: "System.QueryException: List has more than 1 row for assignment to SObject", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.TestSalesRegionUpdate.testSalesRegionUpdate: line 13, column 15 External entry point"

It is referencing the existing test class, not the new one I'm trying upload.  Is there a conflict with multiple test classes?  Any info on what this erro usually means?

• October 28, 2011

Trying to set a custom sales region field with the owner's sales region defined in the user object.  I was hoping to use the formula field to do this but apparently I can't link the Owner from Opportunity to the User object there.  Here is what I have so far and I know I am way off.  Any help is appreciated.

trigger myAccountTrigger on Account (after insert, after update) {  
if (Trigger.isInsert) { 
// 
}  
if (Trigger.isUpdate) { 
        for(Opportunity o: Trigger.new){
            region = [select User.Sales_Region_c from User where User.ID = OwnerID]
            Sales_Region__c = region
      } 

}

• October 17, 2011