• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I currently have the need to associate multiple objects and their available fields to a single report type.  The problem is that as I associate the subsequent objects in the string, I require that the tertiary object in the series needs to be linked to available fields in the Primary object and not the secondary object. 

Example:

Primary Object = Opportunities

Secondary Object = Product Support Services Detail

Tertiary Object = Activities

Product Support Services is an "object within an object" so to speak, in that it is located as an area within the Oppportunity.  In this model (the only report hierarchy available within the create custom report types) the system is looking for an association of an activity with the Product Support Services Detail, when in fact there does not exist such a relationship but rather is linked to the Opportunity detail instead.  Rather than create a new "object" with the combination of the Opportunity and the Product Support Services Detail, what options exist to allow me to link the activity to both primary and secondary objects?        

I currently have the need to associate multiple objects and their available fields to a single report type.  The problem is that as I associate the subsequent objects in the string, I require that the tertiary object in the series needs to be linked to available fields in the Primary object and not the secondary object. 

Example:

Primary Object = Opportunities

Secondary Object = Product Support Services Detail

Tertiary Object = Activities

Product Support Services is an "object within an object" so to speak, in that it is located as an area within the Oppportunity.  In this model (the only report hierarchy available within the create custom report types) the system is looking for an association of an activity with the Product Support Services Detail, when in fact there does not exist such a relationship but rather is linked to the Opportunity detail instead.  Rather than create a new "object" with the combination of the Opportunity and the Product Support Services Detail, what options exist to allow me to link the activity to both primary and secondary objects?