• Magnet 360

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I tried to use Site.com in my DE

but it brings out this message  ===> "You must be a Site.com publisher or contributor to access this page. Contact your administrator to enable the required permission."

So how do I enable the required permission to use Site.com in my DE???  

I am unable to complete the modules Salesforce1 Mobile Basics due to my dev org having a registered namespace. I had originally registered a namespace when I was going through a tutorial for Lightning Components and found out later that it was not actually necessary. The problem I'm facing is that 2 of the challenges cannot be completed due to a namespace being registered.

I have found a related Idea that requests the ability to change the namespace and/or remove it, but if the timestamp is correct, it has been there for 7 years!

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BqjiAAC

Anyway, I would like to know if the Challenges will at some point be compatible with namespaces, perhaps an input where you can specify the registered namespace.

I have completed 14 of the 16 modules, so simply moving to another dev org to complete the module is not a good option unless there would be some way to transfer my progress there. I don't expect this to be a high priority, but it is annoying.

Kudos to Salesforce for developing these modules and the continued support. They are great as a refresher as well to expand knowledge of the Salesforce platform.

This behavior has occurred in both a client's org as well as my own dev org.

• Both cases used Leads as the object to connect to.
  • Created custom picklist field with values that have commas such as "1,000"
  • Add field to form after granting access to Site.com site guest profile
  • Preview page, fill out required fields and select value for picklist field with comma values
  • Error is displayed: "The form can't be submitted because 1,000 isn't a valid picklist value. Select a valid value and try again."
  • Removing comma from picklist value allows submission
  • Other picklist values can contain commas, but the selected picklist value cannot contain a comma

Is this expected behavior? It seems strange to me that the picklist value is completely valid and allowed to be added in Salesforce and can be used for standard pages or custom visualforce pages.

There is another picklist field that contains apostrophes and that is valid and does not cause submission errors.

For now, I have told my client that the commas will need to be removed.

I have run into a bug where I am trying to display a list of child pages of a parent using the Menu component. Normally, selecting the Parent page for the Menu Source would display the child pages, which I was able to do. However, once I moved the pages under a subfolder such as "us", the parent and child pages are no longer selectable for the Menu Source. Only "Site Map" and "Other Map" are available.

I can choose "Site Map" to display everything, but this will not work for future needs as there will eventually be different geographic region sections of the site, which is why I am using subfolders. "us" for USA, "uk" for United Kingdom, etc.

Ultimately, it seems I will need to using Content Blocks to display the menus as I need them to be until this bug is fixed.

I came across an odd behavior recently for Site.com. A client's user had Site.com publisher access and was enabled for their Site.com site. However, when clicking "Edit", they were prompted to create a new site instead. I tried accessing the same site using my user, which created the site, so I assume it owns the "record". I was able to access the site no problem.

I did some additional troubleshooting in my personal developer org. This user in my client's org had a profile based on the Marketing User profile, so I created a user with that profile. I logged into the org and attempted to edit the site. I was prompted to create a new site. Ok, so it seems to be a permissions issue perhaps? So I began comparing my user's profile (System Admininistrator) with the Marketing User. Since the Site.com docs only mention "Customize Application" and "Manager Users" I started with these.

I enabled Customize Application and tried editing again. No luck. I added Manage Users and tried editing. It worked! But this should not be required based on the documentation to simply to gain access to the site.com studio. For Summer '12, a new feature was added for managing roles. I checked this section and in both orgs, all Site.com users had the appropriate access. So I tried simply removing the user and then adding them back. Went to login, clicked edit, and I was now able to access Site.com studio and could edit the site as usual.

So, it seems with the new release, if a user previously had access, did not create the site, and does not have the "manage users" permission, then they have lost access. The solution appears to be remove the site from Manage Roles and add them back again.

I hope this helps anyone else that comes across this bug.

One question I do have, there does appear to be a way to change the "owner" of the Site.com site "record". Is there a way to do this? Also, if the user that created the Site.com site is inactivated, would there be any problems accessing the site with a different user?

I have read that Site.com is not available a Sandbox org and only in Production or Developer orgs. Is this still true?

A client that I am working with is moving their site over to Siteforce, but keeping the same domain. All of the relatively URLs being with "/secure/". When attempting to add a URL Redirect, I receive the following error:

Error: You can't redirect from a reserved address.

I am guessing that the error is due to the "Redirect From" URL containing "secur" as this is part of the path Salesforce uses for login/logout links. It is not a specific requirement to redirect old page locations to new page locations, but it is a definite want. Is there anyway to get around this or am I stuck?

Also, if there would be a way to get a list of "reserved address" keywords, that would be helpful in the future.

I have a somewhat unusual situation. I am currently developing a Siteforce site in a developer edition org with the plan to eventually export the site and then import into a production org of a client. A couple of the Siteforce pages will make use of the data services.

The question I have is if the object referenced exists in both the developer and production org, will the object remain linked correctly after the import or would I need to re-setup the data service elements? The setup would be quick to accomplish as it's not that complicated. I am leaning toward completing most of the development, importing the site into production, and then doing the data services part of it to avoid rework and save time.

My landing page in Classic is a VisualForce page.  I have Lightning Experience enabled.  When I'm on the landing page in Classic and I click my name then "Switch to Lightning Experience", the page goes nowhere.  However, when I go to a standard tab, like Opportunities, then click "Switch to Lightning Experience", it works just fine.  This is affecting all users in my org.

Any idea what might be going wrong?

I'll paste my VF page code below, but there's no reason why it should affect this.

<apex:page controller="ChartClass" title="Metrie Home Page" readonly="true">

<apex:sectionHeader title="Metrie Home Page" subtitle="">
        <apex:panelGrid columns="1" width="100%">
            <c:NewsTicker />
        </apex:panelGrid>
        <apex:outputText value="Viewing {0}" style="font-size:22px;font-weight:bold;">
            <apex:param value="{!chartScope}"/>
        </apex:outputText>
    </apex:sectionHeader>

<apex:panelGrid columns="2">

<apex:panelGrid columns="1">

<apex:panelGrid columns="3" width="100%">
                <c:MetrieNewsComponent />
                <c:MetrieHomePageComponent />
                <c:GamificationComponent />

<apex:panelgroup >
                    <c:Top10OpenOppsList />
                </apex:panelgroup>
                    <c:Top10CasesList />
                    <c:OpenCasesComponent />

<c:OpenTaskComponent />
                    <a href="/007">Click here for more open Tasks</a>

<apex:panelGrid columns="1" width="100%" >            
            <apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="overflow:auto;width:500px;height:667px" >
                <chatter:newsfeed />
            </apex:outputPanel>

</apex:page>

Hi ,
I am trying to solve the Getting Started with Hybrid Development Trailhead Challenge using Android Studio instead of using Android ADT plugin for Eclipse. 
I am able to create the project using Cordova , but the problem is instead of fetching Salesforce SDK plugins, cordova is fetching Java Whitlelist Plugins.
Hence, its not allowing me to complete the challenge.
Please check if this Challenge is working, I keep getting the error:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Set Case to Escalated' Workflow field update action was not found.

It is there and it works fine when I create a new case.
I am unable to complete the modules Salesforce1 Mobile Basics due to my dev org having a registered namespace. I had originally registered a namespace when I was going through a tutorial for Lightning Components and found out later that it was not actually necessary. The problem I'm facing is that 2 of the challenges cannot be completed due to a namespace being registered.

I have found a related Idea that requests the ability to change the namespace and/or remove it, but if the timestamp is correct, it has been there for 7 years!

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BqjiAAC

Anyway, I would like to know if the Challenges will at some point be compatible with namespaces, perhaps an input where you can specify the registered namespace.

I have completed 14 of the 16 modules, so simply moving to another dev org to complete the module is not a good option unless there would be some way to transfer my progress there. I don't expect this to be a high priority, but it is annoying.

Kudos to Salesforce for developing these modules and the continued support. They are great as a refresher as well to expand knowledge of the Salesforce platform.
I don't seem to understand the challenge. Do I create a picklist under Accounts?
Can someone help me get started? I am having trouble getting started. I appreciate any help.

Here's the challenge.

Create an approval process that validates when a Prospect Account becomes a Customer.For purposes of local regulation new customers must be approved by the legal team.

When an Account has the value of 'Prospect' in the Type field, a user will click the 'Submit for Approval' button to launch an approval process. The process will only happen if Type is 'Prospect' and there are more than 500 employees. Upon entry of the process, Type will become 'Pending' and be locked. If approved, Type will be set to 'Customer' and be unlocked. If not approved, Type will be set back to 'Prospect' and will be unlocked.

The Account object's Type field must have the following picklist values: Prospect, Customer, Pending. Before creating the approval process, verify the values in your Account object setup
The approval process name must be 'Approve New Account'.
When user click 'Submit for Approval', the approval must be processed if the Type field is set to 'Prospect' and the value of Employees is greater than 500.
Upon entering the approval process, set the Type field to 'Pending' and lock the record.
Normally the approver would be someone else. In this instance, assign yourself to be the approver.
If approved, set the Type field to 'Customer' and unlock the record.
If not approved, set the Type field back to 'Prospect', and unlock the record.
Hello,
I can't manage to finish this challenge. I got this error : 
" The 'ShowAssistantInfo' page isn't referencing the Assistant Name variable."
I used the <apex:variable> to create the variables but still got the error.

Here is my code :
<apex:page docType="html-5.0" standardController="Contact" title="Assistant Information">
    <apex:variable var="AssistantName" value="{!Contact.Name}" />
    <apex:variable var="AssistantPhone" value="{!Contact.Phone}" />
	<p>Assistant : {!AssistantName}</p>
	<p>Phone : <a href="tel:{!AssistantPhone}">{!AssistantPhone}</a></p>

Thanks

This behavior has occurred in both a client's org as well as my own dev org.

• Both cases used Leads as the object to connect to.
  • Created custom picklist field with values that have commas such as "1,000"
  • Add field to form after granting access to Site.com site guest profile
  • Preview page, fill out required fields and select value for picklist field with comma values
  • Error is displayed: "The form can't be submitted because 1,000 isn't a valid picklist value. Select a valid value and try again."
  • Removing comma from picklist value allows submission
  • Other picklist values can contain commas, but the selected picklist value cannot contain a comma

Is this expected behavior? It seems strange to me that the picklist value is completely valid and allowed to be added in Salesforce and can be used for standard pages or custom visualforce pages.

There is another picklist field that contains apostrophes and that is valid and does not cause submission errors.

For now, I have told my client that the commas will need to be removed.

Why are force.com pages, listed in the Compatibility View list for MS IE 10? Currently this forces the browser to render in IE7 Standards document mode.   Generally speaking we provide an application that sits within the Salesforce UI. Since we are affected by overall browser settings, we are curious to know why force.com pages are in the compatibility view list.

Thanks

Jeremy

I tried to use Site.com in my DE

but it brings out this message  ===> "You must be a Site.com publisher or contributor to access this page. Contact your administrator to enable the required permission."

So how do I enable the required permission to use Site.com in my DE???  

Hello,

I am currently using DeveloperForce and I am trying to get the website I created from site.com onto salesforce. I read that there is supposed to be a "Publish Site Changes" button but one does not exist for me on site.com. My user role is set up as a site.com publisher on salesforce and on site.com. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've looked everywhere, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

How can I resolve above error?

For these line I am getting the error

<a href="syntax/css/shCore.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<a href="syntax/css/shThemeDefault.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

I have run into a bug where I am trying to display a list of child pages of a parent using the Menu component. Normally, selecting the Parent page for the Menu Source would display the child pages, which I was able to do. However, once I moved the pages under a subfolder such as "us", the parent and child pages are no longer selectable for the Menu Source. Only "Site Map" and "Other Map" are available.

I can choose "Site Map" to display everything, but this will not work for future needs as there will eventually be different geographic region sections of the site, which is why I am using subfolders. "us" for USA, "uk" for United Kingdom, etc.

Ultimately, it seems I will need to using Content Blocks to display the menus as I need them to be until this bug is fixed.

My landing page in Classic is a VisualForce page.  I have Lightning Experience enabled.  When I'm on the landing page in Classic and I click my name then "Switch to Lightning Experience", the page goes nowhere.  However, when I go to a standard tab, like Opportunities, then click "Switch to Lightning Experience", it works just fine.  This is affecting all users in my org.

Any idea what might be going wrong?

I'll paste my VF page code below, but there's no reason why it should affect this.

<apex:page controller="ChartClass" title="Metrie Home Page" readonly="true">

<apex:sectionHeader title="Metrie Home Page" subtitle="">
        <apex:panelGrid columns="1" width="100%">
            <c:NewsTicker />
        <apex:outputText value="Viewing {0}" style="font-size:22px;font-weight:bold;">
            <apex:param value="{!chartScope}"/>
        </apex:outputText>
    </apex:sectionHeader>

<apex:panelGrid columns="2">

<apex:panelGrid columns="1">

<c:MetrieNewsComponent />
                <c:MetrieHomePageComponent />
                <c:GamificationComponent />

<c:Top10OpenOppsList />
                    <c:Top10CasesList />
                    <c:OpenCasesComponent />

<c:OpenTaskComponent />
                    <a href="/007">Click here for more open Tasks</a>

<apex:panelGrid columns="1" width="100%" >            
            <apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="overflow:auto;width:500px;height:667px" >
                <chatter:newsfeed />
            </apex:outputPanel>