• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

As part of a salesforce project i would like to direct a user to an account page on salesforce.com while inside of a silverlight app. However, whenever I do this I get the "This content cannot be displayed in a frame" error because the salesforce login page protects itself from click jacking. This protection is only on the login page, but Salesforce cookies do not seem to persist in the app from the first login. Has anyone ever encountered this problem and come up with a solution?

In my current project I would like to hook my program up to Salesforce to automatically insert activity records into SalesForce. However, the API does not seem to support the create / upsert method for this type of object http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_activityhistory.htm.

I'd rather do this than be forced to just insert generic notes, so does anyone know another way to do this, or at least have a reason why you cannot create new activity history outside of SalesForce?

I am working on a project in which I would like to do the following: query salesforce for an account id based upon some criteria, then create a url that sends the user to that account's salesforce page. However, the creation of the URL is a bit tricky because a salesforce url is constructed with the instance of salesforce in which your information sits. I am currently constructing the url by parsing the login result's server url. Is this a correct way to do it or is there a more accepted practice?

As part of a salesforce project i would like to direct a user to an account page on salesforce.com while inside of a silverlight app. However, whenever I do this I get the "This content cannot be displayed in a frame" error because the salesforce login page protects itself from click jacking. This protection is only on the login page, but Salesforce cookies do not seem to persist in the app from the first login. Has anyone ever encountered this problem and come up with a solution?

I am working on a project in which I would like to do the following: query salesforce for an account id based upon some criteria, then create a url that sends the user to that account's salesforce page. However, the creation of the URL is a bit tricky because a salesforce url is constructed with the instance of salesforce in which your information sits. I am currently constructing the url by parsing the login result's server url. Is this a correct way to do it or is there a more accepted practice?