• 10 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all,  I have a need to create a REST endpoint that can be called with a JSON list of records that I would like to insert.  The list has the possibility of going up to the thousands.  

Is there a limit Salesforce will likely hit if I deserialize the list of records from JSON?  Would I be more likely to hit the apex heap size first?  

Thanks
Just have some questions regarding authentication.  Is the SOAP Api authentication needed or can you get an token from the REST api as well?
Hey guys I'm looking to do an integration from one Salesforce org to another.  This integration needs to be real time.

I would need to query records from one org from the other and then update both orgs.  I looked into using hte REST API but it seems like there isn't a way to do a update on the list of records that I've queried.  There is the BATCH command but you can only string up to 25 sub calls.  It seems like to do an update on a list of records I would have to use the Bulk API, in which the real time is no longer guaranteed.

I've also looked into using the SOAP API.  However it doesn't seem like the wsdl you generate in Salesforce is made to import into another Salesforce instance. Even if I play around with it to get it to import, its a lot of code that I would need to provide coverage for when going into Production.

'Salesforce to Salesforce' is out of the question because it doesn't allow me to do what I need to do.  Am I stuck with using the Bulk API here?
I have a link on my VF page to the standard salesforce product selection wizard.  However I would like this wizard to return back to my VF page after completion, but it seems like it doesn't following the retURL.  Anybody have any ideas what to do here?
A Salesforce Organization that I'm involved in is going to be part of a server split.  Somewhere in this I have a controller that uses a hard coded field ID in order to prepopulate fields when visiting a link.  Am I correct in thinking this will be affected in the server split?

Is there a way to dynamically get the ID of the field so I don't have to hard code this in?
Hello all,  I have a need to create a REST endpoint that can be called with a JSON list of records that I would like to insert.  The list has the possibility of going up to the thousands.  

Is there a limit Salesforce will likely hit if I deserialize the list of records from JSON?  Would I be more likely to hit the apex heap size first?  

Thanks
Hey guys I'm looking to do an integration from one Salesforce org to another.  This integration needs to be real time.

I would need to query records from one org from the other and then update both orgs.  I looked into using hte REST API but it seems like there isn't a way to do a update on the list of records that I've queried.  There is the BATCH command but you can only string up to 25 sub calls.  It seems like to do an update on a list of records I would have to use the Bulk API, in which the real time is no longer guaranteed.

I've also looked into using the SOAP API.  However it doesn't seem like the wsdl you generate in Salesforce is made to import into another Salesforce instance. Even if I play around with it to get it to import, its a lot of code that I would need to provide coverage for when going into Production.

'Salesforce to Salesforce' is out of the question because it doesn't allow me to do what I need to do.  Am I stuck with using the Bulk API here?
I have a link on my VF page to the standard salesforce product selection wizard.  However I would like this wizard to return back to my VF page after completion, but it seems like it doesn't following the retURL.  Anybody have any ideas what to do here?
A Salesforce Organization that I'm involved in is going to be part of a server split.  Somewhere in this I have a controller that uses a hard coded field ID in order to prepopulate fields when visiting a link.  Am I correct in thinking this will be affected in the server split?

Is there a way to dynamically get the ID of the field so I don't have to hard code this in?

i want to display an standard salesforce page in an iframe in my vf page.Im passing a parameter in my link to show only the page without sidebar and header....but the page shows in a different style.

<apex:iframe src="/{!dossierConcours.Id}?isdtp=mn" scrolling="true" id="theIframe" /> where the isdptp=mn will show the page without sidebar but the problem is not about css, but to render the page in the current version of salesforce