• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Does anyone know how many times a #tag has to be used to start trending or how many users have to use the tag?

I've been using them in my development org with mainly one user making all the posts with #tags but nothing has started to trend yet.

Hi,

I have a visualforce page which shows various information depending on the ID given through the URL.

I would like to show a single chatter post related to the information on the page.

I've looked at using the command:

<chatter:feed ........>

However that seems to be only able to show a whole feed.

Is there any built-in functionality to do what I want? Or am I going to have to use the chatter api?

I think I know the answer to this already but is it possible to add custom content on the chatter page. In particular a side bar where a number of custom controls could be used like tickboxes and buttons? An illustration of what I mean can be seen here.

I did find this post which is back from 2011 which stated it wasn't possible.

Currently I have a trigger attached to when a new document is uploaded (after insert) in a custom document repository that I have created. When it is inserted, a new feed item is created and posted to the news feed as a linkpost item.

I was just wondering what would be the most efficent way of testing that this event has occured?

I've currently created a test class, created a 'test document' and inserted it to activate the trigger. I've then created a List<NewsFeed> newsfeed selecting the news feed. Then using System.assertEquals to compare the Title of the item on the top of the newsfeed to that of the test document I created. 

Is this the best way to test this?

I have encountered one problem doing this where the code executes too fast btween inserting the document and then getting the list so the System.assertEquals fails. To get round this I put in a while loop to waste a bit of time which seems to work now.

Is it possible to post a text feed item with an object attached which has Hover Detail associated with it?

So for example a new feed item is added with some text and then an object, which when the object is hovered over by the user the hover detail page is displayed?

Any help with this would be great!

Had a quick look round the documentation and couldn’t see if chatter started to delete chatter item’s automatically? I guess the real question is there a limit on the amount of items that can be generated?

Also once an item has been deleted is it deleted or archived?

Cheers for any help on this matter.

Matt

Currently I have a trigger attached to when a new document is uploaded (after insert) in a custom document repository that I have created. When it is inserted, a new feed item is created and posted to the news feed as a linkpost item.

I was just wondering what would be the most efficent way of testing that this event has occured?

I've currently created a test class, created a 'test document' and inserted it to activate the trigger. I've then created a List<NewsFeed> newsfeed selecting the news feed. Then using System.assertEquals to compare the Title of the item on the top of the newsfeed to that of the test document I created. 

Is this the best way to test this?

I have encountered one problem doing this where the code executes too fast btween inserting the document and then getting the list so the System.assertEquals fails. To get round this I put in a while loop to waste a bit of time which seems to work now.

Is it possible to post a text feed item with an object attached which has Hover Detail associated with it?

So for example a new feed item is added with some text and then an object, which when the object is hovered over by the user the hover detail page is displayed?

Any help with this would be great!

I checked it on google chrome and firefox3.

Is this a technical problem or is the feature not available at chatter.com at all?

http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Spring11/Chatter+Live+Updates