• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm an Admin and need a simple app involving two custom objects, which I created in my dev org, on a mobile device.  Not knowing anything about Mobile, is this something easy to do - having a simple custom app on a mobile device - or does it require lots of code, use of libraries, etc.  If somewhere in between, please point me to a starting point resource.  Thanks.

• September 04, 2013

Hi,

I'm new to VF and am trying to understand the expressions when using custom objects and pageBlockTable.  I have object Student which has a Master-Detail relationship with object Txn (API name is Txn__c,).  The M-D field in Txn object has API name  "Student__c" and Child Relationship Name"Txn".  I want to display all transactions for a student using pageBlockTable.  THe StandardController for the page is "Student__c", right?   What is the expression for the value in pageBlockTable?  

In the workbook, I see to display all contacts for an account, it would be

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{! account.contacts}" var="item">

I've tried the values {! Student__c.Txns}, {! Student_c.Txn}, {!Student__c.Txn__c}.  I usually get the Invalid field for sObject Student message.

If someone can point me to a good reference, or a tip, I would appreciate it.  I know I am missing some basic foundational thing about expressions and transversing objects.

Thanks!

Linda

Hi,

Can I use the force.com IDE to search against all scheduled report recipients, and if so, how?

So far, it seems I cannot.

Thanks.
Linda

Hi,I am new and prepearing  for DEV 401.

I have found some questions and wondering answers.

Q.1) Which statement is true regarding force.com domain name (3 answers):

A. It must be unique
B. It is usually the name of your company
C. it cannot be changed once it is registered to your organization
D. it cannot be mapped to your company's domain

Q.2) What is supported by the Force.com Data Loader? (3 answers)

A. perform a rollback of a transaction
B. insert records for two different objects in a single call
C. import data for custom objects
D. perform insert and update operations across a set of records
E. load more tha 50,000 records at a time

Thanks..

Greetings

Hi,

I'm new to VF and am trying to understand the expressions when using custom objects and pageBlockTable.  I have object Student which has a Master-Detail relationship with object Txn (API name is Txn__c,).  The M-D field in Txn object has API name  "Student__c" and Child Relationship Name"Txn".  I want to display all transactions for a student using pageBlockTable.  THe StandardController for the page is "Student__c", right?   What is the expression for the value in pageBlockTable?  

In the workbook, I see to display all contacts for an account, it would be

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{! account.contacts}" var="item">

I've tried the values {! Student__c.Txns}, {! Student_c.Txn}, {!Student__c.Txn__c}.  I usually get the Invalid field for sObject Student message.

If someone can point me to a good reference, or a tip, I would appreciate it.  I know I am missing some basic foundational thing about expressions and transversing objects.

Thanks!

Linda

Hi i am new to VWF.

How can we display picklist values on screen input fields using dropdown list. I don't want to add them in flow instead i want to retrieve and display from object directly?

for ex:

i have 2 fields Account Name and Account Type.

when user reach this screen he should enter name and select a picklist value from type. and these values should come automatically from Standard Account Type.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

This might seem like a pretty elementary question but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to export data from Salesforce. On the help section, it says I'll need the "Apex Data Loader export wizard". Where do I find that and how do I install that?

Thank you.

Vince