• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

A couple quick questions about Siteforce functionality:

1. I know that siteforce and data access is in pilot mode.  With that being said, the demos out there show displaying data on a site utilizing the siteforce data components.  Will siteforce have the ability to add/update data?  For example, I have a custom 'Training Session' object.  I want to create pages in siteforce with a form that captures information about a training session and creates a new record to the 'Training Session' object.
  2. If add/updating data is not going to be possible utilizing Siteforce, is it possible (or make sense) to create a site utilizing siteforce pages along with the traditional visualforce pages?  It seems that you would have more data flexibility with the visualforce pages.  We like the Siteforce component as it makes it very easy to update content on pages.  We would apply this to pages that the marketing team would/could update.  We would then use visualforce pages for more data "processing".

Thanks in advance!

A couple quick questions about Siteforce functionality:

1. I know that siteforce and data access is in pilot mode.  With that being said, the demos out there show displaying data on a site utilizing the siteforce data components.  Will siteforce have the ability to add/update data?  For example, I have a custom 'Training Session' object.  I want to create pages in siteforce with a form that captures information about a training session and creates a new record to the 'Training Session' object.
  2. If add/updating data is not going to be possible utilizing Siteforce, is it possible (or make sense) to create a site utilizing siteforce pages along with the traditional visualforce pages?  It seems that you would have more data flexibility with the visualforce pages.  We like the Siteforce component as it makes it very easy to update content on pages.  We would apply this to pages that the marketing team would/could update.  We would then use visualforce pages for more data "processing".

Thanks in advance!

I've created a pre-release developer sandbox to test out Winter '12 and have been working with Siteforce.

I'd like to experiment with exposing a Salesforce object (custom or standard) via Siteforce - I attended a demo at Dreamforce that did this exact thing. However, I can't see anyway to do this and the help has no information on this.

Can someone confirm if this feature is not in the current release or am I failing to spot the option somewhere.