• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

As we know system admin can view all records and also has the permission to deploy the code between instances.

We have a scenario here where in the client's records are viewable by the developers[with System admin permissions] which now we want to avoid.

But if we remove the System Admin permission for the developers, they cannot deploy the code to other instance neither create a project on eclipse.

So is there any work around for this scenario?

A WORK AROUND THAT WE TRIED BUT IT DID NOT WORK

I created a clone of system admin profile and removed "View All"  and "Modify All" permissions and  assiged  this profile to the developer. Also customize application is granted.

I checked for the record that he does not have access and tried to acces it, the access was not provided. But when I tried to create a project on eclipse with that developer's credential. It displayed me the following error:

"Force.com projects require a Salesforce user with 'Customize Application' and 'Modify All Data' profile permissions."

Regards,

Neha G Patel

Hello 

I am working as Quality assurance and looking for an automation testing tool for a web application.

I have tried- Selenium, Sahi and ranorex. All these tools doesnt work on look ups, checkboxes and the fields where id's changes.
In our application we have used javascripts, third party tools (Kendo,RTF Etc)

So Can anyone help me with a automation tool for testing?

does salesforce uses any tool to test the application.- (I need testing tool for Testers)

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Surbhi

Hi,

I need some guidance for the following scenario.

The application will be a managed package app.

The app is packaged and installed in subscriber A's org. The package already has field "Namespace__My_Field" of type text [Since it is packaged, the field is perfixed with the namespace]

Now, the subscriber A will also create a field with same name but of type say picklist and add to the field set.

When we open the page, both the fields will have same value. The field created by the customer is overriden with the packaged field.

Is there any way where this can be fixed.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Neha

Hi,

The app is packaged and installed in subscriber A's org. Now the subscriber wants to add 2 fields to the object A [included in package].
System Administrator create fields in object A. But how will the fields show up on a visual force page dynamically without changing the code.

For now, I'm trying with salesforce filedsets.

Is there any other way we can achieve this or a better solution?

Regards,

Neha

Hi,

I'm struck with an issue currently. Would appreciate any help on this.

ISSUE: When I install a package on a force.com platform. I would receive the following error:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 791014940-3094 (203143773)

I did try many times to install the package but still throws the same error.

I also tried installing the package into one of the Developer instance. I was able to install the package successfully.

But at a same time when I tried to install the package in another Developer edition. It failed.

Can somebody help me out as to why is this happenning?

OR

Do I need to configure something while installing the package?

OR

Do I need to write a piece of code?

Can somebody guide me through this? Once again, any help would be appreciated ASAP.

Thank you

Neha G Patel

Hi, 

Present Scenario: When we create a record(for any object) bydefault it appears on the "Salesforce sidebar Recent items". And when we click on that link it redirects to a particular object. This is the salesforce feature.

Requirement:  The links that apperar on "Salesforce sidebar Recent items"  on creation of record redirects to that object. Instead I want to redirect to another object.

How can I achieve this?

Pls help. I need your inputs/suggestions ASAP. This is an urgent requirement.

Regards,

Neha G Patel

Hi, 

Present Scenario: When we create a record(for any object) bydefault it appears on the "Salesforce sidebar Recent items". And when we click on that link it redirects to a particular object. This is the salesforce feature.

Requirement:  The links that apperar on "Salesforce sidebar Recent items"  on creation of record redirects to that object. Instead I want to redirect to another object.

How can I achieve this?

Regards,

Neha G Patel

Hi All,

I need the autocomplete feature on rich text area. Is it possible? if yes then how?

Pls. suggest.

Note: The autocomplete feature in chatter. When we type # & a letter it displays a list of words beginning with that letter. 

The same feature is required but on "RICH TEXT AREA".

Regards,

Neha G Patel

Hi,

I want to change the look and feel of the salesforce UI to the UI of my choice. For that purpose I'm researching on the Jquery plugins that is compatible with salesforce. I need a Jquery plugin that has good UI features.

Pls. suggest.

Secondly, Is Kendo UI comaptible with salesforce?

Thanks,

Vishnu B. R.

Hi,

I'm getting the following error: Implementation restriction: FeedItem requires a filter by Id.

For custom standard user profiles.

For system admin i'm not getting this error.

Following is the code that i"ve implemented:

public List<FeedItem> getChatterCount() {

return [select id from FeedItem where parentID =: ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')];
}

Pls. suggest

Thanks,

Neha G Patel

Hi,

I need to change the url of an salesforce instance to anything of my choice.

Ex: https://cs7.salesforce.com/_ui/core/chatter/ui/ChatterPage (Change from)

https://mycompany.force.com/_ui/core/chatter/ui/ChatterPage (Change to)

Is this possible? If yes how do we achieve this? If no, why cant we do this? 

NOTE: Will package this as a managed package.

I tried to changed the URL through sites. Even this didnt help me.

Pls suggest.

Thanks,

Neha G Patel 

Hi, 

NOTE: Have used JQuerytab structure.

Problem: I need to edit the page & redirect the page to the same tab. For this purpose i used rendered option. I found ou that the rendered & Re-render attribute does not support salesforce rich text fields. 

Is there any other alternative solution? Pls. suggest.

Secondly, when i edit the page, the contents of the fields disappears. Only refresh the contents appear. Is this due to the render option that does not support rich text fields or for some other reason?

Pls. suggest.

Thanks,

Neha G Patel

Hi,

Can somebody help me with the following problem

As an administrator, I want to study the recommendation functionality of Salesforce (available on initial login and chatter) so that I am able to leverage the functionality to configure it to provide an e-tutorial to users for our organization

Can we have the standard feature implemented or do we have to build the recommendation feature from scratch to attain our purpose. 

Regards,

Neha G Patel

Hi,

I need a auto complete feature in salesforce. Can somebody help me with this.

Problem Statement: I should be able to add multiple users at the same time & then need to save the record.

Regards,

Neha G Patel

Hi,

How do i use tags in visual force page?

Can somebody please help me with this

Regards,

Neha

Hi,

I need to export data from oracle to sfdc using apex data loader command line.

I got the following exception.

Exception

2011-11-24 12:27:41,468 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.j
ava:367) - The log has been initialized
2011-11-24 12:27:41,483 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (Proce
ssConfig.java:78) - Loading process configuration from config file: C:\Program F
iles\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\conf\process-conf.xml
2011-11-24 12:27:41,530 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinit
ions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:163) - Loading XML bean definitions from file
 [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\conf\process-conf.xml]
2011-11-24 12:27:41,546 INFO  [main] core.CollectionFactory <clinit> (Collection
Factory.java:66) - JDK 1.4+ collections available
2011-11-24 12:27:41,561 INFO  [main] core.CollectionFactory <clinit> (Collection
Factory.java:71) - Commons Collections 3.x available
2011-11-24 12:27:41,608 INFO  [accountInsert] controller.Controller initConfig (
Controller.java:328) - The controller config has been initialized
2011-11-24 12:27:41,624 INFO  [accountInsert] process.ProcessRunner run (Process
Runner.java:90) - Initializing process engine
2011-11-24 12:27:41,624 INFO  [accountInsert] process.ProcessRunner run (Process
Runner.java:93) - Loading parameters
2011-11-24 12:27:42,593 INFO  [accountInsert] config.LastRun load (LastRun.java:
96) - Last run info will be saved in file: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex
Data Loader 23.0\conf\accountInsert_lastRun.properties
2011-11-24 12:27:42,608 INFO  [accountInsert] process.ProcessRunner run (Process
Runner.java:101) - Logging in to: https://test.salesforce.com
2011-11-24 12:27:42,624 INFO  [accountInsert] client.PartnerClient login (Partne
rClient.java:448) - Beginning Partner Salesforce login ....
2011-11-24 12:27:42,624 INFO  [accountInsert] client.ClientBase getConnectorConf
ig (ClientBase.java:112) - Salesforce login will use proxy host: 10.31.120.30 po
rt: 8080
2011-11-24 12:27:42,639 INFO  [accountInsert] client.PartnerClient loginInternal
 (PartnerClient.java:488) - Salesforce login to https://test.salesforce.com/serv
ices/Soap/u/23.0 as user khaja.patla@ge.com.dev
2011-11-24 12:27:46,389 INFO  [accountInsert] client.ClientBase getConnectorConf
ig (ClientBase.java:112) - Salesforce login will use proxy host: 10.31.120.30 po
rt: 8080
2011-11-24 12:27:46,389 INFO  [accountInsert] dao.DataAccessObjectFactory getDao
Instance (DataAccessObjectFactory.java:51) - Instantiating data access object: d
bDataSource of type: databaseWrite
2011-11-24 12:27:46,389 INFO  [accountInsert] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBe
anDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:163) - Loading XML bean definitions
from file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\conf\database-c
onf.xml]

The actual problem is from here:

2011-11-24 12:27:46,421 FATAL [accountInsert] controller.Controller createDao (C
ontroller.java:172) - Error creating data access object
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.DatabaseConfig.getInstance(Dat
abaseConfig.java:23)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.DatabaseWriter.<init>(Database
Writer.java:74)
Writer.java:58)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.DataAccessObjectFactory.getDaoInstance(
DataAccessObjectFactory.java:60)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.createDao(Controller.
java:170)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.jav
a:104)
a:74)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:226)
2011-11-24 12:27:46,421 FATAL [main] process.ProcessRunner topLevelError (Proces
sRunner.java:211) - Unable to run process accountInsert
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.DataAccessObject
InitializationException: Error creating data access object
a:136)
a:74)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:226)
Caused by: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.DataAccessObjectInitializationExc
eption: Error creating data access object
java:173)
a:104)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource

at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.DatabaseConfig.getInstance(Dat
abaseConfig.java:23)
Writer.java:74)
Writer.java:58)
        at com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.DataAccessObjectFactory.getDaoInstance(
DataAccessObjectFactory.java:60)
java:170)

process-conf

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
    <bean id="accountInsert" class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner" singleton="false">
    <description>accountInsert job gets the account record from the CSV file and inserts it into Salesforce.</description>
    <property name="name" value="accountInsert"/>
    <property name="configOverrideMap">
    <map>
        <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader            23.0\accountInsertSoapTrace.log"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://test.salesforce.com"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.username" value="un"/>    
        <entry key="sfdc.password" value="0d100f71eea2fc4b20e0597d18972159f4c88980e5e37df8cb7763cc234296c8994a1da07741b3f3"/>
        <entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\conf\key1.txt"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Account"/>
        <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
        <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\conf\accin.sdl"/>
        <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="dbDataSource"/>
        <entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\accountInsert_success.csv"/>
        <entry key="process.outputError" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\accountInsert_error.csv"/>
        <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="databaseWrite"/>
        <entry key="process.initialLastRunDate" value="2005-12-01T00:00:00.000-0800"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.proxyHost" value="hn"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.proxyNtlmDomain" value=""/>
        <entry key="sfdc.proxyPassword" value=""/>
        <entry key="sfdc.proxyPort" value="port"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.proxyUsername" value=""/>

</map>
    </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

database-conf

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
<bean id="dbDataSource"
      class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
      destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@servername:1953:databasename"/>
    <property name="username" value="us"/>
    <property name="password" value="pw"/>
</bean>

<bean id="queryAccountAll"
      class="com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.DatabaseConfig"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="queryAccountAllSql"/>
    <property name="dataSource" ref="dbDataSource"/>
</bean>

<bean id="queryAccountAllSql"
      class="com.salesforce.dataloader.dao.database.SqlConfig" singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlString">
        <value>
             SELECT ACCOUNTNAME,ACCOUNTPARTYID FROM T_ACCOUNT_ORGANIZATION
        </value>
    </property>
    <property name="columnNames">
        <list>
            <value>ACCOUNTNAME</value>
            <value>ACCOUNTPARTYID</value>
       </list>
    </property>
</bean>
</beans>

Kindly help.

Regards,

Neha

Hi,

Can somebody help me with the data loader?

My problem is that I am not able to login. It is throwing me an exception as "Invalid username, password or security token".

I have provided correct sfdc end-point,user name and password(encrypted). Still i am not able to login.

The following is my process-conf:

<beans>
    <bean id="accountInsert" class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner" singleton="false">
    <description>accountInsert job gets the account record from the CSV file and inserts it into Salesforce.</description>
    <property name="name" value="accountInsert"/>
    <property name="configOverrideMap">
    <map>
        <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader         23.0\accountInsertSoapTrace.log"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://login.salesforce.com"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.username" value="nehapatel55@gmail.com"/>    
        <entry key="sfdc.password" value="25dec6b9c1c914127bf007184b022456"/>
        <entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\conf\key.txt"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
        <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Account"/>
        <entry key="process.operation" value="insert"/>
        <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\conf   \accountInsertMap.sdl"/>
        <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\conf\accountInsert.csv"/>
        <entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\accountInsert_success.csv"/>
        <entry key="process.outputError" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\accountInsert_error.csv"/>
        <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvRead"/>
        <entry key="process.initialLastRunDate" value="2005-12-01T00:00:00.000-0800"/>
    </map>
    </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

Can somebody help me with this?

Regards,

Neha

Hi,

The app is packaged and installed in subscriber A's org. Now the subscriber wants to add 2 fields to the object A [included in package].
System Administrator create fields in object A. But how will the fields show up on a visual force page dynamically without changing the code.

For now, I'm trying with salesforce filedsets.

Is there any other way we can achieve this or a better solution?

Regards,

Neha

Hi,

I'm struck with an issue currently. Would appreciate any help on this.

ISSUE: When I install a package on a force.com platform. I would receive the following error:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 791014940-3094 (203143773)

I did try many times to install the package but still throws the same error.

I also tried installing the package into one of the Developer instance. I was able to install the package successfully.

But at a same time when I tried to install the package in another Developer edition. It failed.

Can somebody help me out as to why is this happenning?

OR

Do I need to configure something while installing the package?

OR

Do I need to write a piece of code?

Can somebody guide me through this? Once again, any help would be appreciated ASAP.

Thank you

Neha G Patel

Hi, 

Present Scenario: When we create a record(for any object) bydefault it appears on the "Salesforce sidebar Recent items". And when we click on that link it redirects to a particular object. This is the salesforce feature.

How can I achieve this?

Regards,

Neha G Patel

Hi,

I need to change the url of an salesforce instance to anything of my choice.

Ex: https://cs7.salesforce.com/_ui/core/chatter/ui/ChatterPage (Change from)

https://mycompany.force.com/_ui/core/chatter/ui/ChatterPage (Change to)

Is this possible? If yes how do we achieve this? If no, why cant we do this? 

NOTE: Will package this as a managed package.

I tried to changed the URL through sites. Even this didnt help me.

Pls suggest.

Thanks,

Neha G Patel