• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We're using a Visualforce calendar control on one of our pages but the field and the contents are the same color: white. You can't see the date until you mouse over it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

• November 01, 2011

Hi,

I'm looking into intergration from our application with SalesForce - we need functionality like the ability to import/export users etc, for a number of our clients.

Is there a test environment that we can use while in development, so that we can fire api calls against a "dummy" account and test import/export?

Many thanks

Matt

Hi,

I have a VF email template and would like to use another VF Page as a pdf attachment.  It'd be great if you can shed some light on how to do this.

TIA!

I am wondering if anyone ever figured out how to run a report grouped by a Multi Select Picklist and have it sperate the values

For Example I have a field in Opportunities called Type it list the different types of products that we offer and is a multi Select picklist as one customer could be using several of our products. 

I issue is that I need a report that shows me sale by product.  It is grouping them together based on the differnt variation of what is selected.

How can i get an accurate count for each product? Is there a formula that I build in the report that will accomplish this?

I know the easiest way to do this would be to have them add products in an opportunity and had I been the first admin here that what I would have done but I am not so I need to create a report around what another person created. 

I'm working at a company that currently uses a VOIP system to record phone calls and then listens to them later to mine them for potential referral opportunities and/or coach operators. As someone with a technical background (I'm a recent I.T. Graduate with a background in database and some object-oriented programming), I've been tasked with learning the recording software and it's API so that phone operators will get a pop-up window  as soon as they get off the phone (allowing them to flag and categorize calls). 

After this first step is successful, I'd like to have the recorded wav files for new referrals/contacts uploaded automatically to SalesForce and tagged to whatever referral source/contact method it belongs. I'm assuming that once the flagging program implemented through CallRex is finished, then I'll be digging into the SalesForce API and it's development tools so that I can build an application that will automatically take the exported wav files and attach them to the correct record.

Would anyone have any recommendations for the steps I might take in going about this project? I've been searching the SF developer website and there's so much information I'm drowning just a bit. I need some suggestion or pointers. Any guidance/recommended reading is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Is there a way to track automatically number of objects, classes, vf pages, triggers in my org. in other words is there some place I can get the summary of total no of objects, classes, triggers and VF pages created in the org??

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can give me a hand with this formula. I have a field that needs to be populate with a name from my Contacts object. This field is a differente Page Layout but also from the Contacts object.

On this page I need to add the name of a Contact and I want that when this happens a field will also be populate and the information will be taken from the name of the person that I add.

So, in a Contatc page I have a field that I can populate from a lookup that contains all contacts. When this happens I will like to have another field populate automat. with information from the name of that person contact page.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

We're using a Visualforce calendar control on one of our pages but the field and the contents are the same color: white. You can't see the date until you mouse over it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

• November 01, 2011

Hello,

I am trying to render datatables based on the values of two date fields matching, or not.  Below is the code I am trying to use, but it doesn't work.  Basically if the Start Date equals the End Date I want to populate one datatable and if not I want to populate the other.

<apex:dataTable rendered="{!IF(Job__c.Job_Start_Date__c == Job__c.Job_End_Date__c,true,false)}" style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 12px" value="{!Job__c}" var="j" rowClasses="odd,even">

<apex:column >
                        	<apex:outputtext value="{0,date,MM/dd/yyyy}">
                            	<apex:param value="{!j.Job_Start_Date__c}" />
                        	</apex:outputtext>
 -                 
                            	<apex:param value="{!j.Job_End_Date__c}" />
                    	</apex:column>

</apex:dataTable>            	

<apex:dataTable rendered="{!IF(Job__c.Job_Start_Date__c = Job__c.Job_End_Date__c,true,false)}" style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 12px" value="{!Job__c}" var="j" rowClasses="odd,even">

<apex:column >
                            	<apex:param value="{!j.Job_Start_Date__c}" />
                        </apex:column>

</apex:dataTable>    

Hey Everyone !!!

Can we create Custom Object via PHP Script ??

Not Records, I want to create a new Custom Object into my Salesforce Database via PHp Script....  

I have a customer that wants a profile that only allows certain (less important) Contact fields to be edited such as phone numbers while important Contact fields like first and last name should not be editable. At first sight, enabling editing at the object level and then enabling editing at the field level looks like the way to go.

But when I look at the field-level security (FLS) settings the checkboxes for Contact.Name cannot be modified so the related Contact.FirstName and Contact.LastName fields are always editable when a Contact is displayed using the profile. (Name fields on other objects that are not auto-numbered appear to share this issue.)

If you can offer any insight into what I'm missing here please comment. Because otherwise the handling of the Name field seems like a major deficiency in the FLS design.

Thanks,

Keith