• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have used javascript to split up the output of a currencyfield so that I can get the first currency and put it in parens while getting rid of the converted currency if there is one displayed.

This trick is working fine.

However, I cannot use this trick to format the output of a outputField for a currency field when the page attribute renderAs='PDF'

Does anyone know how I can use javascript in a renderAs='PDF' or how to edit the manipulate a currency outputField in the controller?

To give you more background I am making a custom display for a currency field. The user can input the currency in any isocode and it will display as:

USD $###,###.## (EUR ###.###,##)

The EUR in the example is the actual currency on the object.

Thanks,

-Dru

I need to build a component that can be put in any standard page layout. I cannot find a way to have it show up in the list without choosing a specific object for the standardcontroller.

I tried using sObject as a standardcontroller and there isn't one for that.

Is there a way to have the page available for all standard pages?

The standard controller method getId is all I need, which doesn't require a type so why am I forced to specify the object in the standardcontroller attribute?

Using the addField or setField method on SObject, I get an error when trying to add a DateTime though it is in the format SF specified. YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ.

soReturn.setField("File_Modified_Date__c", "2012-02-08T21:49:59.000Z");

Error: File Modified Date: value not of required type: 2012-02-08T21:49:59.000Z

Is it possible to use SAML single sign on for only certain profiles?

If so, How?

I have used javascript to split up the output of a currencyfield so that I can get the first currency and put it in parens while getting rid of the converted currency if there is one displayed.

This trick is working fine.

However, I cannot use this trick to format the output of a outputField for a currency field when the page attribute renderAs='PDF'

Does anyone know how I can use javascript in a renderAs='PDF' or how to edit the manipulate a currency outputField in the controller?

To give you more background I am making a custom display for a currency field. The user can input the currency in any isocode and it will display as:

USD $###,###.## (EUR ###.###,##)

The EUR in the example is the actual currency on the object.

Thanks,

-Dru

Using the addField or setField method on SObject, I get an error when trying to add a DateTime though it is in the format SF specified. YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ.

soReturn.setField("File_Modified_Date__c", "2012-02-08T21:49:59.000Z");

Error: File Modified Date: value not of required type: 2012-02-08T21:49:59.000Z