• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

We have an existing service cloud console with no case object and looking to incorporate suggested articles such as call scripts, product data etc. when the user select an activity type or create a note within the console.

Appreciate suggestions on how this might be accomplished without using the case object.

Thanks in advance,

-Softec

Hi,

I mapped multiple Salesforce fields to one CSV column header inside Data Loader .SDL file. The system does not complain and processed the CSV file. However, out of all the Salesforce fields (3 of them)  mapped to a common CSV column header, only the last field in the .SDL file was mapped with the value brought over to Salesforce, the preceeding fields (2) are empty.

How can I mapped a CSV column to multiple Salesforce field  without duplicating the columns in the source CSV file using Data Loader SDL file?

Thanks in advance for your response.

- Softec

Please need help with how to resolve this error:

Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, java.lang.IllegalStateException Programmer Error: you cannot mix EntityObjects with different UddInfos within one transaction: id = null: [] stack Class.MM_AccountSharingTest.testAccountSharingTrigger: line 74, column 1

Here is my code snippet (line 74 in red):

static testMethod void testAccountSharingTrigger() {

Id adminProfile = [Select Id From Profile Where Name = 'System Administrator' Limit 1].id;

Id dmeProfile = [Select Id From Profile Where Name = 'DME Portal User' Limit 1].id;

// Select admin user. 

Id roleId = [SELECT Id FROM UserRole where Name = 'System Administrator' ].id;

Id adminUser = [SELECT Id FROM User WHERE IsActive = true and UserRoleId = :roleId LIMIT 1].id;

Id type1Id = [Select id from RecordType where  SobjectType = 'Account' and Name = 'Implanting Center'].id;

Id type2Id = [Select id from RecordType where  SobjectType = 'Account' and Name = 'DME Center'].id;

//create a new Sys Admin user

User sysAdmin = new User();

sysAdmin.Username = 'sys.admin_testAccountSharingTrigger@test.com';

sysAdmin.Email = 'admin.ser@test.com';

sysAdmin.Alias = 'admin';

sysAdmin.CommunityNickname = 'admin';

sysAdmin.TimeZoneSidKey = 'America/Los_Angeles';

sysAdmin.LocaleSidKey = 'en_US';

sysAdmin.EmailEncodingKey = 'UTF-8';

sysAdmin.ProfileId = adminProfile;

sysAdmin.LanguageLocaleKey = 'en_US';

sysAdmin.FirstName = 'Sys';

sysAdmin.LastName = 'Admin';

insert sysAdmin;  -------  this is line 74

// Create new account. 

Account implantCtr = new Account();

implantCtr.Name = 'Implanting Center Account';

implantCtr.BillingCity = 'San Diego';

implantCtr.BillingPostalCode = '92121';

implantCtr.RecordTypeId = type1Id;

implantCtr.OwnerId = adminUser;

insert implantCtr;

}

Thanks,

-ST

We're getting the following error for most of our test methods during deployment in production. All the test methods with this error executed successful in sandbox.

Test failure, method: AccountTests.testAfterUpdateTrigger -- Internal Salesforce Error: 1061812497-29679 (778955809) (778955809) stack null

Test failure, method: EquipmentControllerTest.test -- Internal Salesforce Error: 1061812497-29681 (778955809) (778955809) stack null

Has someone seen this before? Any insights to resolving the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ST

Hi,

I'm using the following package.xml snippet to retrieve email template from an organisation. The execution of "retrieveUnpackaged" command was successful and retrieved  retrieveUnpackaged\email\unfiled$public\Test_Notification.email and retrieveUnpackaged\email\unfiled$public\Test_Notification.email-meta.xml files. I then ran "deployUnpackaged" to deploy the downloaded email template and received this error:

Error: package.xml(unfiled$public):An object 'unfiled$public' of type EmailTemplate was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<types>
<members>unfiled$public</members>
<members>unfiled$public/Test_Notification</members>
<name>EmailTemplate</name>
</types>
<version>23.0</version>
</Package>

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

I changed a field type in an Org before deployment to another Org which contains an older version of the changed field and the field is referenced by a number of classes in the target Org. Surely during deployment error saying you cannot change field type of a custom field referenced in Apex class.. blah blah was received.

My question is what is the quickest and easiest way to fix the error beside commenting out the content of every file where the field is referenced in the target org?

Thanks in advance!

-S

Hi,

I enabled a partner portal for my organization and expected the Partner User profile to be automatically created. Can someone please offered suggestion as to why the partner portal profile was not created. 

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

The following process definition with Ant Tool  works in Sandbox but does not work in Production. The extracted account.csv file for production contains empty string values for the ID column whereas in Sandbox the ID column contains expected values for the extract records. Any idea why this does not work in production. Secondly, is hard delete possible with Ant Tool?

Thanks in advance for your time. 

<bean id="accountExtract"

class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"

singleton="false">

<description>AccountExtract job gets account info from salesforce and saves info into a CSV file"</description>

<property name="name" value="accountExtract"/>

<property name="configOverrideMap">

<map>

<entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>

<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="..\extract\account.log"/>

<entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://login.salesforce.com"/>

<entry key="sfdc.username" value="softectonic@example.com"/>

<entry key="sfdc.password" value="xxxxa04f895004e1fe4f0e70b"/>

<entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="test.key"/>

<entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>

<entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>

<entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Account"/>

<entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="500"/>

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Id FROM Account WHERE RecordTypeId not in  (Select Id from RecordType Where Name = 'Provider Group')"/>

<entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>

<entry key="process.mappingFile" value="..\extract\accountMap.sdl"/>

<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>

<entry key="process.statusOutputDirectory" value="..\status"/>

<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="..\extract\account.csv"/>

<entry key="process.outputError" value="..\status\errorExtractAccount.csv"/>

<entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="..\status\successExtractAccount.csv"/> 

<entry key="sfdc.useBulkApi" value="true"/>

<entry key="process.enableLastRunOutput" value="false"/>

</map>

</property>

</bean>

-S

Hello,

Not sure this is the right forum for this topic, if not please kindly suggest alternative forum.

Looking for information on how to setup the mechanism to pull/decrypt and load in Salesforce objects encrypted CSV files containing customers information and hosted on SFTP server. 

Would be glad to receive suggections on recommended procedures, tools and best practices.

Thanks,

S

Hello,

Not sure this is the right forum for this topic, if not please kindly suggest alternative forum.

Looking for information on how to setup the mechanism to pull/decrypt and load in Salesforce objects encrypted CSV files containing customers information and hosted on SFTP server. 

Would be glad to receive suggections on recommended procedures, tools and best practices.

Thanks,

S

Hello All,

Following is the scenario in question:

1. Account A1 and Custom Object C1 are Master-Detail relationship
2. Organization wide Default setting on A1 is Private
3. Custom Object C1 is controlled by A1
4. There was existing record R1 of type C1 that referenced A1 (relationship id). Record owner is User U1
5. User U2 was required to update record C1 including associated referenced field
6. Trigger T1 (before update) on Custom Object C1 created AccountShare A1 with EDIT privilege granted to User U2
7. User U2 updated record R1 in step 2 including associated relationship field (A1) Id
8. Received below error

Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a1LV00000007KIaMAM; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, insufficient access rights on object id: []"

Please note that it was not possible to share record R1 in step 4 at creation time (after insert) because at the time User U2 did not exists on the system. Therefore the trigger in Step 6 was created after the fact and designed to share record C1 with User U2 just before the latter updates the record. Though not sure if this is the correct solution since an error was encountered.

Can someone please let me know what is wrong with this solution and how to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,

-S

Hello All,

4. There was existing record R1 of type C1 that referenced A1 (relationship id). Record owner is User U1
5. User U2 was required to update record C1 including associated referenced field
6. Trigger T1 (before update) on Custom Object C1 created AccountShare A1 with EDIT privilege granted to User U2
7. User U2 updated record R1 in step 2 including associated relationship field (A1) Id
8. Received below error

Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a1LV00000007KIaMAM; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY, insufficient access rights on object id: []"

Please note that it was not possible to share record R1 in step 4 at creation time (after insert) because at the time User U2 did not exists on the system. Therefore the trigger in Step 6 was created after the fact and designed to share record C1 with User U2 just before the latter updates the record. Though not sure if this is the correct solution since an error was encountered.

Can someone please let me know what is wrong with this solution and how to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,

-S

Hello,

I need to change Account__c relatioship field on my custom object from Lookup to Master-Detail Relationship Data Type. But the radio button selection for Master-Detail Relationship Data Type in "Choose the field type screen" is disabled. Why is the button disabled? What do I need to do to enable the radio button in order to convert from Lookup to Master-Detail field?

Thanks in advance!

~S

Hi,

Is there a way to generate package.xml file for given Org with tools such as Apache Ant to launch from command-line?

Thanks,

Softectonic

Hi,

In normal operation, Salesforce auto generates the following 3 roles when an Account is enabled as a Partner Account.

- PartnerExecute

- PartnerManager

- PartnerUser

I'm trying to enable Partner account via Unit test but I dont think I'm going about it the right way. Below is my code snippet. It failed to generate new partner roles as illustrated in the highlighted below.

Please help!

// Create new account. 

Account testAccount = new Account();

testAccount.Name = 'My Test Account';

insert testAccount;  

testAccount = [Select id from Account where id =: testAccount.Id];

testAccount.IsPartner = true;

update testAccount;

System.assertEquals(testAccount.IsPartner, true);

//create a new contact

Contact testContact = new Contact();

testContact.FirstName = 'Joe';

testContact.LastName = 'TestUser';

testContact.ownerid = testUserId;

testContact.accountid = testAccount.id;

insert testContact;  

List<UserRole> userRole = [Select Id, Name From UserRole Where PortalAccountId =: testAccount.Id];

//this assert failed

System.assertEquals(userRole.size()>0, true);

Hello,

I have a Custom Object called Tools that has a Master-Detail (not Lookup) relationship to an Account. This Object will be attached to Partner Portal Accounts. I need to share the attached object to all portal users on this account as well as selected individuals/portal users on other partner accounts.

For example, internal users Bob might own Account A and internal user John might own Account B. Portals users on A need to share Tools with portal users on A and selected portal users on B. How can these use cases be implemented?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I changed a field type in an Org before deployment to another Org which contains an older version of the changed field and the field is referenced by a number of classes in the target Org. Surely during deployment error saying you cannot change field type of a custom field referenced in Apex class.. blah blah was received.

My question is what is the quickest and easiest way to fix the error beside commenting out the content of every file where the field is referenced in the target org?

Thanks in advance!

-S

Hello All,

8. Received below error

Thanks in advance,

-S

how to give acces to the profile through apex sharing? 

Hello,

I need to change Account__c relatioship field on my custom object from Lookup to Master-Detail Relationship Data Type. But the radio button selection for Master-Detail Relationship Data Type in "Choose the field type screen" is disabled. Why is the button disabled? What do I need to do to enable the radio button in order to convert from Lookup to Master-Detail field?

Thanks in advance!

~S

Hi,

In normal operation, Salesforce auto generates the following 3 roles when an Account is enabled as a Partner Account.

- PartnerExecute

- PartnerManager

- PartnerUser

I'm trying to enable Partner account via Unit test but I dont think I'm going about it the right way. Below is my code snippet. It failed to generate new partner roles as illustrated in the highlighted below.

Please help!

// Create new account. 

Account testAccount = new Account();

testAccount.Name = 'My Test Account';

insert testAccount;  

testAccount = [Select id from Account where id =: testAccount.Id];

testAccount.IsPartner = true;

update testAccount;

System.assertEquals(testAccount.IsPartner, true);

//create a new contact

Contact testContact = new Contact();

testContact.FirstName = 'Joe';

testContact.LastName = 'TestUser';

testContact.ownerid = testUserId;

testContact.accountid = testAccount.id;

insert testContact;  

List<UserRole> userRole = [Select Id, Name From UserRole Where PortalAccountId =: testAccount.Id];

//this assert failed

System.assertEquals(userRole.size()>0, true);

Hello,

I have a Custom Object called Tools that has a Master-Detail (not Lookup) relationship to an Account. This Object will be attached to Partner Portal Accounts. I need to share the attached object to all portal users on this account as well as selected individuals/portal users on other partner accounts.

For example, internal users Bob might own Account A and internal user John might own Account B. Portals users on A need to share Tools with portal users on A and selected portal users on B. How can these use cases be implemented?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I'm trying to share a record with certain users when they are assigned via a lookup (on Project_Activity__c) but i cant find the sharing object, i have a custom object Project__c but there isnt a sharing object Project_Share do i have to generate this somehow? the project is the master in a master detail relationship with Project_Activity__c. I've got the sample code from salesforce and it all looks ok but im getting invalid type Project_Share as this object doesnt exist, does anyone know what i need to do?

Thanks Guys

Hi,

I am trying to implement delegated authentication for my salesforce account. I downloaded the sample code and started based on it. Below is what I have done so far.

1. I have contacted support  and activated delegated authentication for my test site

2. I created user@domain.com (not really the one that I created :-) ) and enabled delegated authentication for the profile.

3. I created a page gotosfdc.aspx (asp.net 2.0) that posts username and token to test.salesforce.com site. Please find the code below (hardcoded username and password for testing and removed all other logics)

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<form  name="sfdc" runat="server" id="sfdc" action="test.asp">
<input type="hidden" name="un" runat="server" id="un" value='user@domain.com'/>
<input type="hidden" name="pw" runat="server" id="password" value='test'/>
<input type="hidden" name="startURL" runat="server" id="startURL"/>
<input type="hidden" name="logoutURL" runat="server" id="logoutURL"/>
<input type="hidden" name="ssoStartPage" runat="server" id="ssoStartPage"/>
<input type="hidden" name="jse" value="0"/>
<input type="hidden" name="rememberUn" value="1"/>
<script language="Javascript1.2">
   document.sfdc.jse.value = 1;
</script>
</form>
</body>
</html>

4. I created the web service (asp.net 2.0) that returns true when Authenticate method is called

namespace samples.sforce.com
{
    /// <summary>
    /// This is about the simpliest implemention of the sforce authentication service you can write
    /// It simply trys to connect to your Active Directory server using the passed in credentials
    /// If there's a bad username/password combo it throws an exception and we return false
    /// otherwise the credentials are ok and we return true.
    /// Note that DirectoryEntry might not goto AD until we do something that actually requires it
    /// that's why we read a property from the created DirectoryEntry object.
    /// </summary>
    [System.Web.Services.WebService(Namespace = "http://microsoft.com/webservices/")]
    public class Service : System.Web.Services.WebService
    {
        [System.Web.Services.WebMethodAttribute()]
        [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("",
                RequestNamespace = "urn:authentication.soap.sforce.com",
                ResponseElementName = "AuthenticateResult",
                ResponseNamespace = "urn:authentication.soap.sforce.com",
                Use = System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
                ParameterStyle = System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)]
        [return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("Authenticated")]
        public bool Authenticate(string username,
string password,
string sourceIp,
[System.Xml.Serialization.XmlAnyElementAttribute()] System.Xml.XmlElement[] Any)
        {
            return true;

}
    }
}

5. I enabled delegated authentication in the site and provided proper URL of web service. Web service is in internet.

I confirmed that my account is integrated with my web service. When I open test.salesforce.com and login with user@domain.com with any password, I am able to login to the site. So that part is fine

Now let me describe my issue.

When I open gotosfdc.aspx page it opens login page of test.salesforce.com site. It does not automatically login the user. No request is received by my web service.

Can any one let me know what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance

• January 13, 2010